The Division within the United States: We Need to Come Together

DexWest

To everyone who is living in the United States in the remaining days of the 2020 Presidential Elections, I have to ask everyone to come together. Never in the history of the great nation have we ever been so divided. I remember in the months after September 11, 2001, the flags waving at every house. There was national unity, and there was pride in our country as we went into another war to hunt down those who dared to take 2,977 Mothers, Fathers, Wives, Husbands, Sons, Daughters, Friends and Family from us. Out of the 195 sovereign countries on earth, 90 lost at least one citizen. That is 46% of the world's countries lost someone. What happened to us? In these times, there are issues surrounding race, gender equality, abortion, LGBT Rights, etc. When did we go from helping our neighbor like in the winter of 1947. Wisconsin had an extremely bad blizzard that year. During this period, the people who still remember it said that it did not matter who you were, if you were caught out in the storm, they let you in, gave you blankets, shelter, and food. Is this country in such a good place right now, that we have to fight over stupid things like what bathroom to use?

Benjamin Franklin once said that "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Are we at such a time in the United States that we voluntarily give up our rights to the federal government, and have we become so ignorant to honestly believe that the federal government will not abuse that power? I may only be 27, but at no point in my 27 years of living have I ever seen such a push to destroy this country to the very foundation in which it was built on. We, The People, need to stop listening to people like Nicole Hannah Jones from the 1619 Project. We need to start looking at our own lives, and our own circumstances to figure out who we, as individuals are. We need to stop listening to people who only have the desire to put us into categories and boxes. Telling us we have to think this way or that way. That we have to believe or vote for someone because they will protect us. The People are the only one's who can protect The People. It will never be the federal government. We need to come together as The People because the Declaration of Independence states "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." The federal government exists because We, The People, allow it to exist. We give them our consent to be governed.

This country is made up of 50 states, tied together as a union, representing the Republic. We the people have the power, and we express that power through the right to vote for who represents us. Now, I want to ask you to do something. After reading this, take a step outside, and look at the people walking down the street, in the shopping centers, driving their cars. Are they really that different than you? Do they not have a family? Do they not just want to go to work, make money, and go home to see their children? Is that police officer really that different than you? Does that police officer not bleed when they are cut? Does he not cry when he sees something traumatic? Take a look at that black man? Is he not a father that is only trying his best to raise his children the best that he can? Take a look at that white man. He may have just lost his child? Take a look at that person on the street. Their husband or wife may have just divorced them, and they had no place to go, so they're now living on the streets. Take a look at the republican that is called fascist, and take a look at the democrat that was called a libtard. Talk to them, and I guarantee that there is not that much that you disagree on. We cannot be so divided that we have lost our humanity, and the willingness to help and care for our fellow man. We need to come together as a nation again. Together, we can do this. I have faith in you America.

1
9

Most Helpful Girl

• AmandaYVR
    Nice job, Dex.

My thoughts:

This divide is more difficult because it is within the country, not an 'enemy' who is abroad, which easily creates a united front.

I am not American. I used to live there, and it was fine and I was fairly welcomed and fit in. But the east and west are not the same as the south, or even really the middle. So in that way, we were all still in our own 'camps.' But I know the country well, intimately, and my country, Canada, has the longest border in the world. We are not supposed to be your enemy either. Trump made us feel otherwise, but that is Trump. My country is much more united. We do not have these problems here. Canadians are sensible, and we recognize, even with many, many immigrants always coming in, that we are more similar than different. For god’s sake, chimpanzees are 99.8% same DNA as humans.

Another issue is that the internet makes 'heroes' out of the meekest irl thumb thugs. There is no excuse for this behaviour. NO EXCUSE. I kept my mouth shut my entire life, basically, WHILE I lived in the U. S., and most of the time I am on GAG. I've said more in two days of the election count (that being a handful of one sentence comments, and one joke/mocking q) than the whole year, probably. It is not me who hurls insults at 'the opposition.' Yet it is almost daily, what I read on here. I could insult too. But I don't. And that is a choice. It is not for lack of conviction, I assure everyone.

Still, that is about the divide, and everything you said is true. Compromise and respect is a choice. It doesn't need to be earned when people have done nothing to insult you or aggress upon you. I know that. I am waiting for some others to figure this out as well. If there is a pledge, I'll begin with the first signature (and I'm not even American.) Fuck freedom of speech, an umbrella that allows hate speech, etc. How about being a good human, and in support of civility. That's what I'll get behind.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lliam
    Good attitude, bro.
    I judge people on an individual basis, not by appearance or labels. I have liberal and conservative friends. I agree with them on some things and disagree on others, but we still like each other and find a lot to agree upon. I'm not religious but I have friends who are Christian, Muslim, etc. We can all be brothers and sisters.

Most people are good. They just want peace, freedom and the opportunity to prosper (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness). They want what is good for this country. They're just confused about what exactly is going wrong and how to fix it.

I think the problem is, there are dark forces trying to divide us so that they can enslave us. That might sound conspiratorial, but I'm positive that it is true. The enemy is a cabal of international globalist elites whose agenda is One World Government. They are the ones who attend Council on Foreign Relations, World Economic Forum and Bilderberger meetings. They own the international banking system (national banks, IMF, World Bank), the UN, the media, governments and major institutions. They have to destroy societies, create chaos, and make people desperate enough to accept an undemocratic, authoritarian solution.

People need to realize that the purpose of all mainstream media is to propagandize in the service the international globalist agenda. People need to educate themselves, understand who is the true enemy, and join together to take back their lives.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

08
  • WindAtMyBack
    I will NOT budge an inch. Not one inch. Compromising with liberals always means liberals get their way. It's gone waaaay too far in that direction and must stop.

If that means civil war, then so be it.
    • goaded

You know, things have changed over the last forty years.

• @goaded

Which is exactly why I won't budge an inch. Liberals have gotten their way for the last 40 years, and longer. They are the ones tearing the country apart, so fuck them.

• goaded

They're not the ones claiming the US election system is broken, or only voting on legislation they like, or voting against things supported by the vast majority of the population.

• CuriousMufuxka
    Yeah, there's always going to be that division. I agree with something Trump does and I'm instantly labeled as a trumptard. I agree with abortion and some measures of gun control and now a libtard. I disagree with religion and believe to be agnostic.. Well I usually get shit talked and blocked. At least there's some sort of unity there!
  • OddBeMe
    You’re asking people to get over their tribal nature and hatred for “liberals”. Good luck.
    .
    • DexWest

And liberals of their hatred of republicans

• OddBeMe

Not as much. Don’t make false equivalences.

• DexWest

It takes two to tango. It takes two to fight. Unless you have multi personality disorder, then you’re just fighting with yourself

• goaded
    A good start would be for Republican leaders to accept defeat, and deny all the misinformation out there. You know, like McCain's "He's not a Muslim, he's a good man...".
  • bamesjond0069
    How can I come together with people who want to take my property from me? Its not possible. Time to wake up from your wet dream bro.
    • goaded

You mean taxes?

• @goaded taxes, guns, my sons balls...

Before you go there i dont think taxes that benefit me are theft per se. Its redistribution where people pay taxes that do not benefit them. For example military protects me so its ok to tax me for it.

• msc545
    Thanks to the Orange Chito, we won't "be together" for a very long time.
  • Rangers
    We're unfortunately far past any union
  • Anonymous
    No, I plan on fighting against biden for four years like they did for trump. I hope the democrats die in a fiery blaze

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!