Considering the advancements in technology, is it possible for the USA to have an economic collapse and another great depression?

KelleyNice
Economic Collapse
Economic Collapse
100 years ago based on the 1920 census the population was 51.4% urban defined, at the time, as incorporated places having a population of 2,500 inhabitants or more. The remaining 48.6% was rural. The farm population was 29.9% and 29% of gainfully employed males were in agricultural occupations. In 2019, 2% of male employment is in agricultural occupations. As a result of technology advances, in addition to many occupations being completely eliminated such as telephone and elevator operators, there are similar reductions in numerous other occupations. For example, a backhoe operator can dig more trenches than a dozen men using picks and shovels as was done 100 years ago.

Already there are self-driving trucks. However, much of the trucking industry believes driving without a human on public roads is still years away because there is too much traffic and too many hazards at the start of a route and in the last miles. Nevertheless, as computer and robots become far more advanced as is expected in the twenty to forty years most human employment can be eliminated. Therefore, regardless of how many regulations and laws that greatly increases inefficiency, technology is advancing even faster.
Considering the advancements in technology, is it possible for the USA to have an economic collapse and another great depression?
24
6
Add Opinion