Deep Web: The Forbidden Area of the Internet!

What do you think about when you hear the word "internet"? Instagram? Youtube? Facebook? These are the first things that come to our mind when we hear that word. But internet is not limited with these things.

Like everything else, internet also has a dark side that not everybody can reach.

You probably heard about deep web. This name is given for the dark side of the internet. Most internet users don't know deep web because searching tools doesn't let you search for these web sites.

We can only reach 10% of the internet.

All the bad and illegal things are done through deep web. For example: serial killers are waiting there for you. They are ready to kill anybody and record it as a proof.

There are some search engines which can reach to deep web. But it is very dangerous as your pc has no protection.

So just don't try to reach there just because you are curious.

317

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 17

• 6d

What you're talking about is actually the dark web. All "deep web" means are the content of databases and other web services that for one reason or another cannot be indexed by conventional search engines.

So basically even private facebook profiles count as "deep web". Dark web however is where a lot of the illegal things you were talking about happens. Dark web is basically a part of the internet that can only be accessed through specific software like the Tor browser for example.

• 6d

I was in a Computer Science class and learning about all the differences and things that classify as whatever was crazy. I didn't know about private facebook accounts being "deep web" and it was really interesting.

• 7d

I've already visited it.. You need thor browser as an example. Then you get the address as an example 'hidden wiki' which has addresses that ends on. onion. It's not really dangerous unless of course if we're talking about viruses or malware, ready your anti-virus. Just don't actually go to the sites and do transactions.

• 18min

The only reason to avoid it is if you don't understand it.

The deep web is home to virtually everything. If you are living in a dictatorship country and you want to protest or avoid prosecution, the deep web is the place to go for support. If you simply don't trust gov't organizations to protect your privacy, the deep web is the place to go.

You will only find something bad if you make the effort to seek it.

• 4d

you confused the "deep web" with the "dark web"

you are right about that we only see 10% of the web but the other 90% is made up of the "internet of things" where all kind of internet enabled devices communicate with each other and exchange subsurface level information that we don´t need to see as it would bore us the fuck out.

the "dark" web is a fraction of the "visible" web. all you need is a specific browser and some links to work with, as there´s no such thing as "google for the dark web". and it´s called dark web, cause most average people never make an effort to see it. it´s also called dark web cause of the crime associated to it but not all things are evil. yeah you will come across hit man ordering sites, child porn, all kinds of fraud and scam instruction sites and of course drug stores but those are largely infiltrated and monitored by FBI nowadays so most of the "dark web" is used for political information and whistleblowing nowadays.

• 4d

it´s only "dark" cause your is mostly safe on there, unless you do crime, then it´s a gamble and the FBI can actually get you if you´re unlucky.

• 4d

your identity*

• 7d

Yeah, get TOR, then all the kiddie porn, drugs, weapons and hit men are available to you. My friend use to order drugs off silkroad on the deep web

• 4d

"All the bad and illegal things are done through deep web."
    [Citation needed]

"For example: serial killers are waiting there for you. They are ready to kill anybody and record it as a proof."
    [Citation needed]

"There are some search engines which can reach to deep web. But it is very dangerous as your pc has no protection."
    It has no more or less protection than the regular web. I don't think you have the first clue what you're talking about.

I work in IT and this entire post is nonsense.

• 6d

The deep web is my home. The government can't stop me hopefully.

• 7d

You have to secure all of your personal data. If someone get your IP address they can really fuck with your computer, steal passwords, send viruses, etc.

• 4d

bitch whachu talkin bout. The deep web isn't the dark web and it's basically just a safer more anonymous version of the web. I have used it to download a few things and never had any problems.

• 4d

that's true, but some parts of the internet have viruses

• 5d

Telling people "Don't try it" is a guaranteed way to make sure people try something.
    Any half-ass psychologist will tell you that.

• 5d

Hahahaha maybe that's what l'm trying to do

• 4d

Computers and the web bore the tits off me anyway. How can folk live their lives out staring at a screen

• 2d

I do, I only have one friend and he's 14 years older than me

• 2d

That's the most beautiful thing I've heard all day

• 2d

@Dog19 if you're with mum and dad, move out. Move somewhere nice. Get a job. Get to knkw people in the pub and work. Be nice, show respect. Remember everybody is a friend until they prove otherwise. If they aren't get them to fuck they're poison. If you're friend needs your flat or apartment , your car , the shirt off of your back, give them it, no questions. If they fuck you over, warn them, if they do it again, get rid of them. Everybody deserves 2 chances at least. Let the boundaries down and let people in. We aren't to live alone thinking of our own needs. We ain't designed that way. Treat everybody you meet like a sibling. If they ain't worthy of your time walk away from them. But don't judge

• 2d

I wonder how vr will play out in relation to the internet. Could be cool or really scary to explore first hand in a virtual body

• 2d

Thanks for sharing with us , very well written MyTake of yours ~!!!

• 2d

Thanks for the warning

• 1d

Good to know.

• 4d

I've been on the deepweb, it's boring.

• 7d

Been there, saw a woman getting scalped.
    Fun times. ( I need help)

• 7d

really?

• 6d

@mamamai Silver lining, I'm desensitized to most things now.

• 6d

Yeah, I guess that helps in some ways but I like caring about people.

What Girls Said 3

• 7d

There is the deep web and the "deeper" dark web. The internet is just one of the networks that comprises the world wide web. An outdated, but still useful network is Usenet, which is accessible with a newsgroup reader, and contains text newsgroups, as well as binary newsgroups.

As you mention, there are the sites on the hidden wiki, accessibly by the onion router software called Tor.

There is also another network that is accessible with specialist software, but in case people do not know it, I will attempt to keep it that way, as it is potentially more dangerous that onion sites.

There are, of course, private networks accessible only by the commercial enterprises that use them. They run alongside the Virtual Private Networks (VPN's) that we can all use.

• 5d

There is the web, then the deep web, and at last the dark web.
    My advice is to never go to place you know you won't return from

• 1d

This is creepy