The birth of photography

humanearth

Photography is so omnipresent today. Whether in science, advertising, current events media, propaganda, or just our own snaps. it is hard to imagine a world without it. And yet 200 years ago it didn’t exist. In the period when two Napoleona experiments were underway both in France and in England, and by the time Napoleon’s nephew Louis-Napoleon became Emperor of France. Photography was creating its own small revolution at the around tge same time.

The birth of photography
The First PhotographThe birth of photography was in 1826 when the first permanent photograph was conceived requiring eight hours for exposure. It was not until 1861 that the first color photograph happened. Since the beginning, over 3.5 trillion photos have been taken. The digital revolution occurred in the 1960’s when the first digital photograph was taken from the moon. No, through expansion to electronic cameras and social media, more than 300 million photos are uploaded onto Facebook each day alone.
The birth of photography
Thw worlds largest camera it made a photo of four and half feet wide by 8 eight feet long. The camera weighed 900 pounds and took 15 men to move and use the camera. Now that's an big camera.

The following infographic provides a guide to the history of cameras and photography through the recent digital age. The first film-less electronic camera was developed in 1972 with the first series of consumer digital cameras placed on the market in the mid 90’s. The advancement of mobile phones with camera capabilities have slowly been replacing traditional point and shoot cameras.

The birth of photography
The birth of photography
2
6

Most Helpful Guys

• Likes2drive
    I had a big interest in photography when I was younger, I even made a pin hole camera but could never get the right size film to fit, I think it was 127 film, I also built a kit for a camera that fit inside the top of a model rocket so once the parachute launched it would take one aerial photo, I think it used 110 film , unfortunately I never recovered it
    Is this still revelant?
    • humanearth

That's some cool ass shit.

• humanearth

Can you believe it. The 1st digital photo was in 1960. I would have never have guess that early. I would have thought at least the mid 80s at the earliest.

• Likes2drive

Yeah that’s surprising, I wonder why it took till the 90s before the general public could buy them? Maybe it was to large?

• moviedude714
    We've come a long way with it that's for sure
    Is this still revelant?
    • humanearth

I'm not a fan of the digital, but it works. I'm an old film user guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Just_someone23
    Thats a dam big camera
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

14
  • Meatunnel69
    The birth of photographyFirst ‘selfie’ 1839
    those first photos always give me the creeps/chills for some reason
    • humanearth

I don't like the word selfie. Let's call it a self-portrait.

• Meatunnel69

I think he had to stand there for like 15 minutes 😳

• humanearth

I bet. I have a 1899 view camera and I know how much a pain in the ass it is to be still for that long

• coffeewithcream
    I didn't see a question here.
    Yes, I have noticed photography.
    I have a camera on my phone. Used it.
    • humanearth

Its not a question. This is a MyTake about photography

• Aiko_E_Lara
    No one is just going to mention the camera that took a picture of the world's 1st camera is the world's 0th camera.
  • Gsm24diecast
    That’s a good take, now do one on the birth of computers... lol
  • KaraAyna
    Good take