The Irony of Trump Protesters: Show Respect

rjroy3

Last night I was responding to a question where a guy asked, "Will you show respect and humility for the other side if your candidate wins tonight? Because you could just as easily be in their position". My response to him was sure, but only if they don't vomit their butthurt on everyone else around them. Because at that point they are showing disrespect for everyone else and are just asking to have it rubbed in their face. Well come first thing this morning there has been almost nothing but butthurt posts about Trump winning the election.

I just gotta say it's really ironic. If you were somebody voting for Trump you have been called racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, hateful, ignorant, bigoted and about 17 other completely untrue things by Hillary supporters and many Bernie supporters for at least the last 14-16 months. And now with the current outcome they are still flaming you, yet you're asked to show respect to these people and take the high road. I'm not one to go out of my way to rub something in a person's face, but if you are one of these people vomiting your disdain of the election outcome on everyone else around you, any negative outcome to the situation is completely on you. We already have protests in the street and some that have turned violent and that's not Trump supporters...that's Hillary Democrat supporters.

Trump was able to show a cool demeanor and give a classy heart-filled speech last night and Obama this morning was able to be graceful as well despite the previous speeches given on Trump and share that same level of respect for Trump and our country.

All I'm saying is that maybe we all can just follow suit and work together, to improve our nation for the better. Because regardless of what you think about the President. We all want the same thing. A better America that is prosperous.

2
6

Most Helpful Guy

• BruceJender
    My thoughts exactly.

I remember this all from the 2nd Presidential Debate. Now the boot is on the other shoe (Trump), bitter Clinton supporters are going haywire.
    Is this still revelant?
    • rjroy3

It's absolutely ridiculous. There are people literally crying over this result lol. Crying

Most Helpful Girl

• Adigelunar
    nice job
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

15
  • Fathoms77
    My mother, who grew up a flower child in the '60s and now loathes the feminist movement for being nothing more than hypocrites to the original cause, finds it ironic as well.

"Oh look, the supposed proponents of peace and love, the 'tolerate everyone,' the 'we're not anti-white; no, really!' people are turning into domestic terrorists right before our very eyes just because someone is in office who might actually make them go to WORK next week." :P
    • rjroy3

Pretty much. To me it's like... ok. So it's only when a Democrat President is in office and not doing well that the President position is just a puppet who has no power. Because come election season and a Republican might win those same people will say, "he'll ruin all we worked for?". Well which is it? Lol. Does the President have power or not?

• Saoirse_Nua
    I think whoever won there would be some degree of protest - On the caveat it stays peaceful, I would let them have a couple of days - I thought the election might be it but maybe it needs a few days to dissipate, I can't see them lasting beyond the weekend.
    • rjroy3

I think letting it die out is sending a message that this is ok. To violently protest our democracy. That if you're mad it's ok to fuck shit up. Where was this protest, when it came out the DNC and Clinton rigged the campaign against Sanders?

• Roll_Tide_Roll
    We have to understand their outrage because they are 'scared' lol
    • rjroy3

That's how it works right? Lol

• Yeah, The fringe left can justify anything they do.

• Righttobeararms83
    The first thing to ask an anti trump supporter is did you vote?
  • ScottSummers
    agree with you man
  • donaldtrumpswall
    A better America, a better wall