Dear Trump Supporters and Clinton Supporters: Please Just Stop the Hostility

ADFSDF1996

I think many people are overreacting, they act as if it's a catastrophe that he won. Quit screaming racism/bigotry, misogyny and homophobia. As for the Trump supporters, I know that not all of them are racist because I'm friends with some Trump supporters. This take is going to be unbiased.

1.) Protesters should be more civilized

It's understandable that people who voted for Hillary are upset but understand that Trump won fair and square. Be more respectful.

2.) Trump supporters need to prove they aren't all bigots

I know not all of them are bigots but it's pretty ignorant and stubborn to think that there aren't any racist Trump supporters. I have a friend that told me that she isn't concerned about Trump being president, it's Trump's supporters that scare her. Don't ignore things like this https://usuncut.com/news/go-back-asia-trump-supporter-grabs-woman-police-arrive-handcuff-victim/

https://www.google.com/amp/nextshark.com/wilfred-chan-twitter-abuse/amp/?client=safari

3.) Hillary supporters, quit crying because Trump won

It's understandable that you are upset but to cry over it is just pathetic. Think about it like this, the maximum years he can be president are 8 years. It's not too long. However he can lose the next election in 4 years.

4.) Trump supporters quit calling people you don't like liberals

It gets annoying how if someone disagrees with you, they are automatically liberals. Ever thought that perhaps there are people that agree with some conservative views and some liberal views? Just stop calling people you don't like, liberals.

5.) Hillary supporters, stop fear mongering

You act as if Trump has unlimited power. Did you not pay attention in high school? Power is divided to prevent a leader from having too much power. The constitution exists for a reason. We as citizens, have rights.

6.) You really think all Trump supporters are white?

This is one of the biggest misconceptions of Trump supporters, everyone assumes they are all white. The truth is that there are minorities that support trump. How do you think Trump won? Surely you don't think Trump won because of many white people voting for him.

7.) Hillary supporters, not everyone that didn't vote for Hillary is a conservative

Just because a person didn't vote for Hillary, doesn't mean that person is a conservative. I've said it already but a person can have both conservative and liberal views.

8.) Both sides need to try understand each other

Trump supporters try see why some people voted for Hillary and Hillary supporters, try see why a lot of people voted for Trump. Both sides need to admit that there are some issues on their side that need to be fixed.

9.) Good things about a Trump presidency

Trump might do good for the economy; he might improve and maintain friendly relations with Russia and he might continue to maintain friendly relations with the rest of the world. Thankfully, misandrists and SJWs might lose their social power and crime might decrease.

10.) I hope Trump doesn't try to ban interracial marriage

Most people always have concerns whenever a new president is elected. My concern is his view on interracial marriage. I hope he isn't against interracial marriage. I think Trump dated Kara Young so I don't think he has a problem with interracial relationships.

11.) Who did I vote for?

Well, I couldn't vote because my ballot didn't arrive in the mail even though I registered to vote at the college I attend. Who would I have voted for, I'm not sure.

We are all citizens of the United States of America, so let's just get along regardless of race/ethnicity, religion, sex, political beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.

12
32

Most Helpful Girl

• Pinkbeauty
    when I voted I didn't vote for trump or Hillary simply cause of Hillarys email issues and because the democrat side support gay marriage and I don't support it and I didn't vote for trump because of the video I heard about him on the bus and all of crazy things he's said so I voted for Garry Johnson but even you though I don't like trump and now that he's president I just hope he won't make the u. s dangerous and that I hope he knows what he's doing when he mention the stuff he said in his speeches that he said he would do like decreeing crime and make the u. s safe
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fathoms77
    Yes! No more hostility.

I do find it comically hypocritical that those who supposedly preach peace and tolerance and and open-mindedness got VIOLENT when they didn't get their way. :P
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1131
  • Paris13
    Beautifully Done, @ADFSDF1996 ...
    Republicans would Never have Stooped to this Level in Being Sore Sports with Snorts. Now, they are even Trudging Trump Towers in All of these Hours.
    As Wise as I have Been up to Now Somehow, I am Wondering if this is Some Sort of "Collaboration" with The Minions, for Someone Higher Up... To Instill Martial Law and All. xx
  • miamigirl1970
    Great job! Tom Hanks had great words too! He was for Hillary big time, but here this is interesting! Great unbiased article. I think we need to put all differences aside, and get back to the business of being Americans!

www.businessinsider.com/tom-hanks-all-right-when-trump-is-president-2016-11
  • bcromartie
    "We are all citizens of the United States of America, so let's just get along regardless of race/ethnicity, religion, sex, political beliefs, sexual orientation, etc."

This is precisely why we don't get along. The United States of America, unlike many other countries, doesn't have a single mainstream ideology (though White Protestant Males do hold the most power) which is where the schism comes from. We cannot get along specifically because of this.

You cannot say "Let's all be friends" when the people most effected by policies of the higher ups are minorities, the people most downtrodden are the invisible, the general management of a nation is managed by it's Majority (at the time) and there is no direct way to actually represent the weight of the national opinion regarding leadership.

We can't be "friends" when they banned gay marriage and up until recently, less than a decade ago truly, killing someone based on their sexual orientation was a "defensible crime" in some places.

I don't know what Lollipop Universe you live in but I highly recommend you step out of your college bubble and realize that the world is a very violent place and injustice exists just beneath the skin of almost every single political move. The "Good Of The People" is not on any one particular person's mind.
    • ADFSDF1996

Either you didn't read the whole take or you clearly missed the point.

• bcromartie

Incorrect. It's more that you aren't particularly looking at the issues. For instance you could have easily looked up the statistics on the racial breakdown of voters. Didn't bother. Posted like 4 pictures of people.

I figured I'd just focus on what could actually be discussed rather than look at things that were obviously just a matter of basic data collection skills you didn't exercise.

• ADFSDF1996

Typical

• Rissyanne
    Trump dont give a shit about who you marry. That is your business... he has bigger fish to fry. Like the economy and keeping us safe. But I think it is time for everyone to come together. Anti Trumps need to suck it up and get over it already.
    • meowcow

As an outside observer (Canadian), I don't see how you expect the millions of American minorities to "come together" after the president-elect spent the last 18 months denigrating them based on their heritage or religion. You appear to be the typical white American Trump supporter, so you're likely oblivious as to what these people are seeing.

Imagine a scenario where a presidential candidate declares that all whites in America are scum, and that he will systematically wipe you off the map just because you were born white, or that your family is christian. After telling the world for 18 months that lazy, redneck white American slobs are the cause of the problem... he gets elected. Are you going to sit there and wait to see if he makes good on his promise to wipe you out?

• meowcow

It would be a different story if Trump was only selling a different option to improving American lives. If Trump declared he had a better plan for health care, jobs, the financial system, the political system, I think that Americans would have largely rallied behind him after the election. This is because one could at least agree that Trump was acting in the interest of ALL Americans, but with a different vision. However, Trumps campaign was largely aggressive and attacking various non-white American groups. I can't think of a single minority group that he did NOT insult.

Trump has said that Mexicans are a problem. The Chinese are a problem. Career women are a problem. Blacks are a problem. Muslims are a problem. He tarnished his character to all of these people. It's easier to maintain one's character than to regain it. I don't see how minority groups across America are going to give him a chance anytime soon. Why would they?

• jakebrake7

@meowcow What he said.

• JudgmentDay
    Number 8 is the MOST important, until we learn to understand and be open to communicate clearly with each other and respect and tolerate each other we would only constantly be in conflict with each other and figh among ourselves and that does us no good. By being a divided nation we're only helping the enemies of this nation. We need to come together and realize that we can move forward, become "stronger together", and we need to and should do so, so that this nation can heal.

This: "We are all citizens of the United States of America, so let's just get along regardless of race/ethnicity, religion, sex, political beliefs, sexual orientation, etc." is Very Important here, if we learn to tolerate each other and put aside all of our differences, even if FOR ONCE, then we are going to actually get somewhere. Otherwise we're always just tiresomely and endlessly running in circles, and then we're all completely back to square one.

I do agree that the protests should be maintained at the nonviolent level, such as civil disobedience, etc. Violent protests would only make things worse for this nation, not better.

Stop believing everything that is in the media, their underlying motive is always about ratings! Not absolutely everything they say is 100% legit and true, they are indeed biased because their real goals are to attain high ratings and viewers.

I voted for a 3rd party myself.

But what happened is what happened, it's reality now, so let's move on and let's move forward.

I'm not crying over the fact that whomever I voted for didn't win, so c'mon, crying isn't going to fix the problem, let's move forward now.

Besides, I only went by what they said and suggested, if you can't decide whom to vote for, then decide whom you are going to vote against.

And guess what? I found both candidates of the major political parties to be very controversial. Both had ugly scandals and I find both of their credibility and fitness questionable so I could not agree to vote for either of them, and thus that's just what I did, I voted AGAINST BOTH of them, despite the fact that I knew either one would still eventually become the next President either way no matter what I do or not do. But I voted either way, since it's still better than not voting at all.
  • Phoenix98
    most of the things people are concerned about is hogwash and was nothing more then false biased media made up by the mainstream media to scare people into voting for Hillary by painting her as the better choice.

The only people who have those concerns are those that are brainwashed or ignorant because they watched the biased mainstream news.

If you watched Private none biased news then you know that there are no real concerns.
    • Phoenix98

But I agree, enough is enough time to come together not whine and cry over who won or didn't win.

• Nothanks700
    Sure, our country was just thrown back decades in terms of social progress. And it will likely be thrown back further in terms of economic well being in the coming years. But yeah I'll try to accept that a retarded Oompa Loompa is now the leader of the free world
  • Dargil
    2. By the rules of logic, you can't prove a negative. You can't prove you are not something unless it is an unchangeable physical characteristic.
    In general, placing the interests of one's country and its lawful citizens as pre-eminent us not bigoted. We do this for our families.
  • DonRomeo
    This MyTake was much better than the reply that the title incites me to. Nonetheless, why can't all of them be miserable and attack eachother? These are some of the stupidest voters in history. Both sides deserve it. Credit to you for showing the sort of balance that can create solutions though!
  • Jager66
    "I know not all of them are bigots but it's pretty ignorant and stubborn to think that there aren't any racist Trump supporters."

Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Hillary supporters:
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...9-8ec8-3c9ad3a0e518.jpg

• doctorwhofan23
    I think JFK can sum this up quite nicely.

let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. John F. Kennedy
  • Righttobeararms83
    Angry anyi trump supporters should be angry at those Democrats that dont vote because they are lazy. One anti Trump guy at work started bitching about Trump being president and the Republicans having all the power I had to remind him that he never votes in local, state or national elections and asked him if he voted for Clinton he said he did but I could tell he was lying. I told him that the next elections are in two years for the house and senate and that every republican would be voting.
  • rjroy3

I'm not racist, nor sexist. I'm not homophobic. I am both for gay marriage legalization and have gay friends. I have friends who are Muslim as well. Why is it on us to prove we're not racist, when others have been brainwashed to believe that lie?

They need to stop assuming all Trump voters are bigots, because it's easy to see not all of us or even most of us are bigots. All I can do is be who I am. I will not pander to others and walk on eggshells, just on the off chance someone might consider me a bigot. That is their personal hypocrisy that they have to deal with.
  • TripleAce
    They're are some protestors that are professional paid protestors, it's partly planned and triggered. There is nothing you can do about it but to not engage
  • Jamesol1
    No way would he ever ban interracial marriage... the dude is friends with loads of black celebrities back in his day such as Mike Tyson...
  • jakebrake7
    What I really don't understand is how could people be so stupid to elect a guy who is currently under 75 open lawsuits including Trump University for which he has a hearing later in November, who is disrespectful to women and who condoned racist behavior in his rallies. They call the left fear mongers but what they fail to see is that they got played by the same tactics of fear mongering. Fear of Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims, Immigrants etc. and even what's more shocking is that they are defending him. I am no fan of Hillary Clinton but seriously Trump?
    • ADFSDF1996

Some say that people are tired of the SJWs and misandrists.

• jakebrake7

Some don't understand how some people could be so stupid and ignorant?

• ADFSDF1996

White Knights fall into that catergory.

• John_Doesnt
    "This is not normal" -John Oliver
    We need to remind ourselves that this is not how the US is supposed to be. Normally I'm against hostility and endless bickering, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL.
  • betweenthebars
    Of course people are overreacting. Everyone was saying the stock market was going to crash.. but the Dow Jones closed at a record high and had its best week since 2011 after Trump was elected.

Just the same, he isn't coming for birth control, or gay peoples right to get married or any of that bullshit. Because most of us who voted for him don't care about that shit.

If Hillary won I'd have taken my lumps and given her a shot.. Trump supporters deserve that same courtesy. Instead, much of the left has resorted to divisive petulance, name calling and fearmongering.

I hope the country can come together but it all starts with one side learning how to lose with grace and dignity and both learning how to compromise.
  • Saoirse_Nua
    I think it is all kneejerk and will settle down soon like a pressure cooker, release the steam.
  • LittleMissy93
    As someone from a country other than the US this DOES involve me. The US is very powerful and the world is affected by the major decisions made there. I'm sure the media contorted many of the negative, terrifying things I've heard about Trump. However, denying that he has scary ideas that MANY support is unintelligent. You cannot simply ignore when someone with power is promoting ideas that are wrong. Protesting is fine (when you're leader is terrible) but becoming violent toward the opposition is highly hypocritical. The fact that you even needed to mention your tenth point proves that he has some MAJOR issues. I get that he is merely the face of his party but many voters voted for Trump because of him and his ideas and not because of the party he represented. I'm afraid because although he merely holds the position and doesn't technically have a ton of power I believe he is power hungry enough and arrogant enough that he will push very hard to get his way.
  • MrMysteryMan
    I don't think Trump is racist. I don't think Trump is against any one group. I think he just used the media (which was the real problem for this whole election) as fuel for his campaign. Trump didn't even have to work that hard to get to his Presidency. It's Hillary that didn't do enough. She didn't work nearly hard enough to show that she was the one that people could trust and count on to build strength and understanding back into this country. Trump just used what was working for him and went with it. This is a reason why he's not going to be a great president. He'll be an ok one probably though. Hillary showed why she wouldn't be a great president either by her lack of campaigning. So we get what we get for the next 4-8 years and hopefully someone better, that knows how hard it will be and is ready to accept the Presidency and will do a proper job.
  • Waffles731
    11 is why you should always go for in person voting
  • TheInvisibleMan
    Im sorry but anybody who voted for Hillary can't be intelligent or even normal. You have to be either retarded or REALLY brainwashed and stupid to vote for her
  • oximeter
  • lilac_flowers
    How do you prove you are NOT a bigot?
    What if I pointed the finger at you and called you a rapist? Now it is your job to prove you're not a rapist. Have fun with that.

Also banning interracial marriage? Wait, wait wut?
    This is over the top, even for liberal media fear mongering... :/

Rest is ok I guess.

To all the people protesting: If you think protesting the president elect is the right thing to do, you have forfeited your own right to vote. Democracy doesn't count only when you like it.

The stupidity of the American people was not expressed trough bad choices they had to pick from this time around, it was demonstrated right after trough how they reacted to results of a democratic election. And you call yourself a land of the free? Shameful.
    • I'm so tired of people from other countries telling me what I should do. I voted. Maybe if you put as much effort into what really mattered as you did in things that didn't involve you, then I don't know, you might have a life. I see this as fulfilling a need to feel better than someone more than anything. Shameful. Pathetic.

• @theonewhodoesntknow Haha I hit home with you! Well if the shoe fits... Throw a hissy fit. xD

• NearlyNapping
    It's not over. The election was nothing but a symptom. The divide still exists. I, for one, will continue the fight until it's won. That means as long as the leftists keep trying to shove their BS down everyone's throat I will continue fighting back.

I drew a line in the sand before Trump announced his run for president. As long as the left keeps fighting, I will keep fighting back. Too much ground has been given already. No more compromise. Comprising with liberals always means moving to the left. No more.
  • RationalMale
    1. How the fuck would Trump ban interracial marriage?

2. Get the wall going!
  • TadCurious
    Number 10 on your list isn't worthy of mentioning because it's a moot point. The United States Supreme Court, back in the 1960s, struck down any laws that prevented two people from marrying each other based on race. The decision was called Loving vs. Virginia (Loving was the last name of one of the litigants). My point is that any president, including Trump, doesn't have the authority to overturn a Supreme Court precedent. So I can assure you that banning interracial marriage isn't on Trump's agenda.
  • thewho1975
    nothing wrong with change! its healthy although shocking but its not that bad i say
  • Roll_Tide_Roll
    Trump supporters haven't begun their hostility, yet.
    But if the day it will make these little SJW temper tantrums tame by comparison,
  • COCOCHANEL
    i was gonna say something but that pic of nude yamapi distracted me
  • mostwomenshouldstfu
    These are Democrat tactics. They can't face truth. It hurts too much
  • ProbablyTooMature
    Best post I've seen in a long time.
  • donaldtrumpswall
    Stop fighting and start building my wall
  • Adigelunar
    well done
  • Anonymous
    Do you enjoy the thought of $20,000 iPhones, $40 apples and oranges, $15/lb. for strawberries, or dirty hotel rooms and offices, etc., etc? Well, that is what you would get if Trump gets his way with sending all the illegal aliens out of this country. Does everyone even know that most fruits and vegetables in this country are picked by migrant farm workers that aren't here legally? That most janitorial services employee illegal aliens? You know why they do, because the vast majority of Americans find those jobs beneath them and they refuse to do them... think about that for a moment!
  • Anonymous
    Remember that commercial when all the roaches panicked when RAID showed up?
  • Anonymous
    no. dont let them talk you down! fight until the end. i want to see if he can handle the situation i was in and how he will handle it when people constantly attack! I've had petitions to get be to leave before because people didn't like me.
  • Anonymous
    It's not that some lost and some won. It's about the fact that more than half of the people don't share his ideas... And find them even dangerous. You can't tell tqhe to shut up. They are a big part of the nation and want their voices heard specially when the candidate who won antagonized them so much before the election.
    People are angry and this anger needs to be addressed and dealt with otherwise it won't go away and causes more problems and disappointment.
  • Anonymous
    Finally someone who's still sane! Mexico isn't paying for the wall and no none can make them, fortunately. The more we protest and lash out at one another the worse we make ourselves look. Personally Trump is the last person I'd choose but, we gotta face it! Now Trump Supporters you got what you wanted. Do you really like making yourselves look even worse? Also, Trump is neither Republican or Democrat, nor is he a Conservative or Liberal, he is Donald Trump!
  • Anonymous
    Clinton supporters= cry babies
  • Anonymous
    Some minorities chose the guy, because supposedly the other option wasn't any better. I'm sure they wouldn't have, if say it was Bernie