Melanie Martinez Accused of Rape!

Melanie's former friend Timothy Heller accused Melanie of raping her.

Melanie Martinez Accused of Rape!

Timothy said she never meant to reveal who did it, but she realized it's time to be upfront and just say it, so she Tweeted this:

She released this story before, but now she's saying who the culprit was - Melanie.

Melanie, in turn, responded with saying it was a difficult time in both their lives, they were both trying to make it in the industry and she never said 'no', so she was convinced it was consensual:

What do you think?

Creepy and authentic?

Or something else?

1723
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guy

• 5d

I think Melanie is guilty. Lets think about this logically.
    1) Timothy posted about this encounter a while back without naming the culprit. Melanie would have obviously seen the post and know that it was her Timothy was speaking about. If Melanie was innocent, she would have immediately contacted Timothy (privately) to clarify whatever "misunderstanding " she may have had about the sexual encounter. But she didn't.
    2) If someone publicly accuses you of rape and you're innocent, your defence isn't gonna be "She never said no to what we choose to do"...
    You are going to come out guns blazing. Well at least I would. If that were to happen to me, I'm giving every single detail of what happened to prove the act was consensual. So if she said "yes fuck me baby" 11 times or " oh that feels so good don't stop " 9 times , or she undressed me and guided my penis inside her etc... I'm going to mention that in my Public Statement to clear my name.

Honestly , her weak denial is making me lean to the side of guilt.

• 4d

This. It's not even denial really, she just carefully chose her words to make it seem like they were both into it and Timothy gave consent. But anyone capable of critical thinking knows that saying "she didn't say no to what we chose to do" is basically her saying "ok well Timothy didn't say yes and after I nagged to her about it for 2 nights straight she finally gave up... but I thought that was ok". Clearly not ok.

• 4d

Thank you for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• 6d

I feel like there is another side to this story, it's all very cryptic and mysterious

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• 6d

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... isn't Timothy a dude's name? What's going on here?

• 5d

hard to say really. this is a matter of he said she said... or she said she said

but the fact that the "victim" mentioned it previously without mentioning in particular would suggest that it isn't your run of the mill attempt to extort or shame someone... or it could be part of a long con

• 5d

Interesting that when a male is accused of rape he loses his job instantly and no real questions are asked. But when a female is accused she is given a voice and the accusation is questioned, excused, or debated.

• 5d

Yes well it's not really the same when you're accused by bunch of random people and your best friend...

• 4d

*You've really chosen your name on here ironically... Haha

• 3d

@Lumos Since the majority of the males accused have lost their livelihood due simply to the "Allegation" and NOT any actual proof, the statement of it going both ways is mute. This witch hunt and lynch mob of female "victims" who are coming out of nowhere after decades of silence claiming things as basic as "unwanted touching" which could be ANYTHING. Women are not being held to this same standard. Jenny McCarthy should be losing her job for molesting Justin Beiber on stage in front of hundreds of people. She ISN'T. It is "funny".

@LittleSally Just because you fail to accept logic, doesn't make it untrue. But nice try with the shaming tactic.

• 6d

jesus Christ if its not a "NO" or obvious violent sexual assault its not rape whats with all this ridiculous grey area.

• 6d

Academia. They spend years learning about the 'grey area' and they have nothing to do with their lives but 'deconstruct' what happens to them. Academic jargon for "I need to see this as rape now because that's what the most important thing in life is according to my shallow school courses"

• 4d

Not a good comparison buddy and you know it. But, I'm tired of wasting my time trying to convince a bunch of grown men how to use basic common curtosey. I will continue being thankful for the amazing men in my life who don't get squeemish about asking and still get laid.

• 4d

@coralee You are not a courteous person clearly. You are a cruel and insidious and selfish person who was raised a spoilt brat and wants to throw people in jail like some kind of antisocial tyrant.

• 5d

I know this isn't a popular viewpoint, but after hearing her description of events I wouldn't consider that rape. To me it sounded more like poor communication.

• 4d

Tmothy never gave consent, in fact she said no for two nights in a row. Just because she gave up since she was too tired and high to keep fighting about it, it doesn't make the situation less rape-y. I. e. she was raped. Giving up on saying no =/= yes.

• 4d

@lumos
      Saying no for two nights doesn't mean that someone can't change their mind and consent on the third night.

A lack of a "no" doesn't necessarily mean yes, but a lack of a "yes" doesn't necessarily mean no either.

• 4d

Obviously someone can change their mind but does that mean it’s ok to keep pressuring them until they do? No. That would be coercion. In the same way the police can’t try to pressure/coerce someone into confessing to something they didn’t do, likewise is it wrong to pressure or nag someone to the point where they’re too exhausted to keep saying no all the time. And although silence doesn’t automatically mean a ”no” either, wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot smarter to just leave it be? If the other person keeps saying no/stays silent/doesn’t even hint at wanting it? Common sense would dictate that you back off, but I guess common sense apparently flies out the window when someone is horny 🙄

• 6d

I have no idea who these people are but if a simple apology worked humanity wouldn't have made up the legal system.

• 6d

Bout time someone spoke out on women being the abusers sometimes

• 6d

An important point you make here. This is reflective of what's been happening lately regarding female rapists. Consider the many, many women on the 'Big List' of the Most Comprehensive Account on Internet of Women Predators on Campus by googling

"The big list: Female teachers with students"

(shocking - you've been warned)

• 5d

We don;t even know if she was

• 4d

Melanie seems to have admitted to the rape so the next logical step is a police investigation. It's time we all realised that women van committ rape too.

• 6d

Not a clue who these people are but I'm not surprised that's like the 5th+ rape story in the last month in the celebrity circle.

• 6d

How will modern feminists react to this? i'm curious to see how they will accuse the white males for it.

• 5d

probably rape culture and normalization of sexual violence, and that we're all guilty since we're not all feminists. Let the Marxism disguised as justice commence. lol

• 3d

@coralee where do you draw the line though? what separates ideologically a moderate or reasonable feminist from one who is brainwashed or extreme? what do you consider taking it to far in other words?

• 3d

@PhoenixItalian The same place you draw the line in other movements that take fanatical leanings. When it draws away from the original purpose, when it becomes about hatred rather then making the world a better place, or when violence is involved. Again this isn't a uniquely feminist problem. There are radical conservatives, radical liberal, radical Christians, you name it someone is taking it too far. And their is critiscim of radical feminism from inside the movement if you can't find anything you obviously haven't bothered to look.

• 6d

Well this is the first I've heard of her, what makes her different than a street rapist

• 5d

I have a feeling i'm missing something in this story. do you have more information?

• 5d

No... this is all I could find.

• 4d

You didn't read this, did you?
      She said she said no many times in those two days...

• 4d

I did read it but she doesn't mention saying no many times. so I just don't know. It really feels as if there is a lot of information missing to make a judgement here.

• 5d

That's really a shame. trans people are only now getting freedom and the are being raped. Won't some please stop it.

• 1d

I have no idea who either one of them is. So can't say I really care either way. For all I know they are both just looking for attention and this seems like a good way to get that now days.

• 5d

Amazing myTake

• 5d

No idea if it's true and that's probably how it's going to stay.

• 6d

How is Timothy a girls name?

• 2d

i thought women could not be charged with rape but just sexual abuse or assault

• 5d

Accusations are just that. I don't even know who these people are, to be honest.

• 6d

Who? This person is famous? I dunno, like any accusation it should be investigated.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 16

• 4d

I'm thinking Melanie is guilty, even though it's hard to say in a type of situation like this where it's one word against the other, and nobody else has come forward to accuse Melanie of doing something similar (I think when many people step forward with similar stories, there's a clear pattern). The reason why is simply by looking at what they both said.

1. Timothy mentioned multiple times in her statement that she kept saying no for 2 nights straight. How Melanie could respond with "she never said no" is beyond me. Even if Timothy is lying about saying no, I just don't get how Melanie couldn't address the fact that Timothy repeatedly stated that she said no. By saying "she never said no", it just makes Melanie seem like she didn't even read what Timothy had written. Like I just can't understand how that's your counter-argument when the other person clearly said no multiple times.

2. Another thing bothers me about the "she never said no" argument is that not saying no isn't the same thing as saying yes. Silence =/= yes. A yes is a yes. The lack of a no isn't an automatic yes. Compare it to a salesperson who tries to sell you something in a store. They really want you to buy this fancy bag. You're standing there in silence for a moment, wondering if you should do it or not, when the salesperson suddenly grabs your credit card and says "great! Thanks for buying the bag".

3. The "she never said no" comment therefore negates her saying "what we chose to do together". It's like an oxymoron. Timothy didn't say yes, so how exactly did they then choose to do it "together"?

4. Timothy was under the influence of drugs + exhausted. I don't think she was in a position where she could have given consent. Not to mention that she had kept saying no for 2 nights straight. Melanie should have gotten the hint after the second no.

Ultimately none of us will know exactly what happened that night since none of us were there. But going purely by what both of them said in their statements, Melanie seems to have crossed a line and what she said in her own statement even points to that.

• 2d

I mean. I’m not taking Melanie’s side on this because I believe her accuser BUT. People are throwing Melanie under the bus for her response as if any response to sexual assault is going to be stellar? I don’t get it. She probably doesn’t want to cause more drama by being messy and accusing the accuser.
    Think about it. Everyone who has been accused has released a statement denying action but I think it’s better to take your feelings out of it. It’s a PR move to do damage control on a very volatile situation.
    That said, damn Timothy. I feel bad for her

• 5d

Who the hell names there daughter Timothy? That's not even a unisex name. Anyway... how convenient that you now decided to speak up right when all these other sexual harassment stories are just flying out. If she's a friend I would put her on blast long time ago if a friend did that to me.

• 5d

Yeah, looks the same to me. Honestly sounds like a nice kickstart to her career.

• 5d

I am more inclined to believe Timothy, her post was so descriptive, emotional and just felt genuine, unlike Melanie's reply which lacked any emotion and basically admitted it happened I was a huge Melanie fan so I am disgusted that she would behave like this.

• 6d

I'm strongly against any type of abuse, but I'm always cautious with this type of accusations.

I just want to say if people can be revolting enough to rape someone, they can be revolting enough to wrongly accuse someone of rape.
    I'm usually on the victim's side, but to be honest, this had really convenient timing.

Now I feel like I betrayed something.

• 6d

So confused right now. I hope no one ever say I raped them, well they are the ones who usually throw themselves at me, so don't come out against me bitches I am tiny and cute, everyone will know you're lying.

• 6d

It's getting OBSCENE! I have had random people call me up that I have never met accusing me of shit. and then accusing me of stalking them! It's very upsetting all the women out their doing this cause they are taught it's a really 'important' and 'brave' to fabricate stories.

• 1d

I think there is truth to Timothy's claim. And Melanie's denial is very weak and looks bad for her case.

• 5d

Girls with the mindset of Harvey Weinstein exist. I've met such a girl. I would hate to be her best friend.

• 6d

i always get a lot of hate when i say this in these cases, but that shouldn't be considered rape (in before, not because she's a woman)

• 6d

This sounds like horse shit... Who calls their rapist their best friend? Are you serious? Sorry, I feel like there's another side to this.

• 5d

I don't believe it.

• 6d

i love melanie. i've listened to her whole album. i know every song, every ryhtm, every beat and every lyric :p so do a lot of teenage girls. or just almost teens. she is not being a role model if ths actually happened.

• 5d

gotta get it on tape

• 5d

I don't even know these people.

• 2d

Wait so how'd that happen? Did she drug him and put his d in her? Like how can a man be raped

• 4d

It's too vague.