People underestimate the power of flowers

I was very fortunate to receive a bouquet of roses from my partner and it got me thinking...

People, mainly guys, underestimate the power of flowers! #FlowerPower

Whenever I receive flowers, it makes me so happy and I feel like I'm the most special girl in the world. I feel spoiled and think the guy is being thoughtful and romantic. It was even more special for me because our relationship is quite new so it was the first gift he has given me. I couldn't have felt happier in that moment!

Fast forward to today and I was in the shower, smiling from ear to ear, thinking about the moment he gave them to me and reminiscing over our evening together. Those flowers made the evening even more special for me and I felt even closer to him.

Flowers can brighten a girl's day!
Flowers can brighten a girl's day!

Flowers don't have to be given only on #ValentinesDay. If your partner is having a rough day or has been going through a lot, showing up to her door with some flowers can really cheer a girl up! Or if your partner is going through a great time, maybe she achieved something big, some flowers will not only make her feel even happier, but it would make the time even more special and it shows her that you support her.

It's not about the flowers (though they're always lovely!), it's about the act of thinking about your partner and wanting to see them smile. It's a small and (usually) cheap thing to do, yet a thoughtful one with tremendous positive after effects.

So if you're wondering what you can do to bring some romance and sparkle into your relationship, getting her some flowers would be a great start! ♥

2128

Most Helpful Girls

• I know a lot of guys don’t get flowers for their s/o these days, but I still get so excited when I get them.

• A bouquet of roses is how to make a girl really feel special! it has it's own effect

Join the discussion

1928
  • Looks like I'm the odd one out in agreeing with you. Everytime I've recieved flowers (from friends and family), I have loved them (even though I'm allergic lol). It's something that makes you feel special. Yes the flowers are going to wither away and all the petals will fall off, but when someone is willing to spend money on you that will wither away and have all the petals fall off, that shows they think you're worth enough to pay for that. Even if they're not fancy roses, giving someone flowers of any kind is generous and thoughtful

The only time I didn't like getting flowers was from a guy friend I wasn't interested in (and clearly told him I wasn't). That's the true power of flowers. If something makes you feel guilty and panicked when someone gives them to you because their feelings for you are unrequited, then that item has more power than you think. But the flowers were still beautiful, so I thanked him anyway. He gave me a rose with multiple colored rainbow petals, a d I didn't even know they made flowers like that

My favorite flowers are a bouquet of yellow roses (yellow meaning friendship) that my friend gave me over a year ago. I didn't put them in water right away or trim the stems, so they never bloomed. They dried out and are slowly losing their petals. I love them because they've lasted so long and still look beautiful dried out

• I don't mind store bought flowers but having someone pick them is waaaaay better in my opinion.
    A memory that always sticks with me as when I'd gone on a road trip with some friends to where we past this massive field of sunflowers. They're one of my favourite kind. We'd driven up this mandatory driveway to ask if I could have one but he had sp oken to rudely, as if we'd asked to have his house lol. I'd been very upset because they were literally the biggest, most gorgeous sunflowers I'd seen. Well when our trip ended and we were on our way back home, I'd fallen asleep when my friend stopped and picked me a few of the sunflowers. I'd woken up with them laying on me. I teared up a bit not gonna lie. It was so sweet and thoughtful. I still have them over a year later. They've dried up and I've kept them. They're still gorgeous.

NOT THAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW THAT ALL LOL
    Personally, flowers mean a lot to me and I'd take them over any other gift like perfume, bags or anything like that. Flowers are the way to my heart. Literally.

• Flowers were meant to be in the ground for it to grow and pollinate so it's species does not die out also to lower it CO2 admissions not for stupid humanities cut them and send them to a girl they find attractive remember this they are living things just because they don't scream when you decapitate them doesn't give you a right to kill them. Ever life is sacred not just animals and humans.

• If I love you then you better believe you will sure know on a daily , weekly an monthly basis.. Flowers, candy, secret notes, cards, spontaneous trips to somewhere warm and exotic... believe me... the guys that know what they are doing are doing all of these things. For the ones who don't ... they are probably sitting home alone criticizing why guys shouldn't. #facts.

• Anything that is that expensive and dies within a few days is a sucker's deal.

• So like a deep into the life crackwhore then?

• You can get flowers for a few quid, they don't have to be expensive.

• Rose is pretty powerful

• I don't see what there hs to like about them.
    I see them as a waste of money. You look and smell them for a few days and that's it.

• If I had a date tonight, flowers would be exactly what I’d have liked to carry behind my back as I called to her door

• I like those flowers that have beautiful scent that intensifies at night. feels so amazing to have such flowers in my bedroom, especially when going to bed it s very calming.

• I don't feel happy to see a bunch of plants dying... That is quite sadistic actually I don't get why people do that. I prefer flowers in a pot, they last longer and the plant dies when it's time comes

• I don’t know much about romance but I can guarantee you parents have Incredible power has far as healing medicine and generally keeping the planet full of oxygen and providing food for animals and insects alike

• They die quickly, they aren’t cheap, and they smell like dirt (if the are real). So no thanks.

• Yeah you can use them as a weapon in GTA San Andreas!

• I prefer live flowers
    I tried to find this comic I once saw comparing it to a dog brining in dead animals, but I couldn't

• I prefer a one stemmed rose than a whole bouquet for I don't underestimate the price of these flowers are ridiculous!

• I really like flowers specially with their language associated, but, almost always I find that are the girls who ask for other type of present for those days, I guess on Spain it's different.

• I will disagree with you when you say cheap.
    Bouquets can be very expensive.
    Potted plants from the nursery are the cheap option.

• Id rather have time with the guy than given material objects.

• Yes, it's always about the FEELZ. Any guy that doesn't get that is a putz.

• You should be feeling loved by their presence not the objects they give you

• It just feels a bit cheesy to some guys. I would do it but feel kinda nervous

• Yeah, well, flowers didn't have enough power to not end up in a trash bin last time I've offered some to a girl.

• Every time I tried to buy a girl flower they made my girlfriend at the time think I was hiding something so I stopped doing it

• Do flowers have the magic power to drop the panties?

• I bought demi 100 of those and had it delivered to her place of business back on Jan 25th

• ... and what did you get him?

• We said we weren't going to get each other anything but he broke that rule.

• Because he knows better... so, now that the rule was broken, what are you getting him?

• I love flowers 💐.

• I don't like flowers as gifts. They die.

• I buy myself roses, and i buy him flowers too.

• Yay! Plant reproductive organs!

• Good take

• I got roses for Valentines Day.

• Love red roses

• They're uninspired gifts that's for sure.

• I underestimate the power of flowers

• Something to keep in mind then

• Yes I love flowers!

• Yeah to me dead plants have No Powers.

• Meh...

• Here's something that died. Enjoy

• Flower power.

• Probably

• I don't I give flowers to girls all the time.

• MEH. Gift card/clothes/perfume/jewellery is better

• flowers die

• Guys giving flowers to girls, especially on Valentines day, smacks of female entitlement. There is no equivalent in the other direction. And please don't say it's sex, as so many women have told me over the years, because out of the other sides of their mouths those same women say they enjoy sex just as much as men do. So something does not add up in that equation.

• Who says it has to be this way? On valentines day, my boyfriend got me some roses and a blanket, I wrote him a long card and gave him two books that he's loving. It's the thought that counts <3

• I suppose you have a point, these romantic events always seem to feature women more. You have no idea how hard it was to find a card that was angled at men, and wasn't a cheesy cliche piece of trash.

• @sageevalentine LOL :) Well kudos to you for going to that effort and making it happen for you guy. He is a lucky one!

• I've never liked flowers sold in florist shops, the ones in bouquets.
    Because for the flowers to be sold in the shop, it must have been cut from its bush or picked.

Therefore, the flowers being sold on Valentine's Day or any other day , that are wrapped and become bouquets, are actually DYING flowers. They've been separated from their roots, and are thus are just patiently waiting for the day to wither and die.

Therefore, to me, a bouquet of flowers is like a bouquet of dying things. Is it beautiful to the human eye? Yes. I can see the beauty in flowers. But just so people can get that beauty and put it in a vase, a flower must die. We don't even eat them for nourishment.

I will, however, accept flowers that haven't been cut or picked. As in, flowers that are still in their pots - flowers that are not dying. At least those can continue growing and living, facing toward the sun, taking in what is within the earth. A living thing.