Is marriage basically a business transaction and contract?

Let's face it. I am not trying to play a victim here. Generally men are the ones who are hit hard by divorce as courts tend to favour woman (child custody , payments etc...). Is this the reason so many men are starting to hold of on getting married? What's the point of getting married when you are a man as you are going to come off worse if things go wrong?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm. i'm gonna be making bank in a few years. i have the same qualms about marriage. i don't want some freeloader running away with half my $$$. tell me what the point is in me getting married when so many dudes are lazy as fuck and lacking in ambition?

• Yeah, I know I said 'guys' in my post , this was more reference to child custody. I should have mentioned money was both sides. Anyways , get him so sign a prenuptial?

• yup and all the feminists telling us how oppressed they are when majority of statistics suggest otherwise in 1st world countries

• Maybe you'd like to marry a guy who isn't lazy

Most Helpful Guy

• The government treats a marriage like a corporation.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Marriage is one of the only contracts left that is entered into in good faith. If you don't have good faith, don't enter.

• What's the real dilemma anon?

What Guys Said 1

• yeah its all legal or religious, otherwise who cares.