Don't Be Menvious!

Hello, Gents, today I’d like to shed some light of jealousy of one man to another, otherwise known as Menvy.

Don't Be Menvious!

"How much does it cost to be that guy?"

Although possibly less rampant than what we’d find with our female counterparts, menvy is, nonetheless, a major issue that's affecting your confidence not only in attracting women, but in also not maintaining current relationships, and generally being on your mission in life. It seems innocuous enough-- little thoughts that another man is better looking than you are, more popular, smarter, better at sports etc. and that if you could be like that guy, your life would be more the way you would like it to be instead of the way it is. Hell, there was a point in my life where I was even jealous of gay guys because they seemed to put beautiful girls at such an ease that they would follow these homosexual men around like they were deities. Generally, it was more the outgoing guys that caused me to think “if I was more like them, then all the girls would be into me and this part of my life would be so easy.”

This is wrong thinking. The reasons for which are several. First, wanting to go out and be noticed because you are good looking or rich or whatever it is, is a feminine pursuit. As a man, it disconnects you from your power and masculine polarity. You want to be seen as this “exceptional flower” that’s prettier than all the others and you want women to choose you, want you over “the other flowers.” It puts you in a passive state. A state where your power is determined by the judgment of others and this, as a man, is not a good place to be.

The second reason is that on some level during the moment you carry this menvious thought you do not want to be yourself. If you realized how great, unique, and exceptional you are you would never want to give that up for anything. Sacrificing yourself, eliminating yourself, so that you can be someone else is too high of a cost even if they have access to resources that you don’t. You are your greatest gift to yourself. You are the person you idolize the most.

There can be no one that you would give your own identity up for even a rakish bad boy who has more sex than John Mayer.

To wrap up, let me add a little more detail to this idea of masculine polarity. Unfortunately, it is hard to connect to your masculinity when you refuse to understand that, if you choose to identify as a man, there are certain things which draw you closer to or away from your inner-masculinity and draw you closer or away from your inner-femininity, and the former is very important if you are a man. Using these terms is not intended to insult women or femininity or those who wish to play with these two ideas regardless of what "acceptable."

So there it is, remember boys that your masculinity depends on not wanting to be the prettiest flower to pick and remember that you are your greatest gift to yourself, you are above and beyond value to yourself, and you cannot afford to give your own identity for anyone even men who have more than you do.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• What I've noticed about this type of stuff is that girls get more angry with their envy, while guys get more than anything sad abut their envy... O. o

• Would it have hurt to just use the word 'envy'?

• HAHAHHAHAHA THESE ARTICLES ARE SUCH A JOKE!!!

• This was an awesome take. It's nice to know that men deal with the same type of stuff.

What Guys Said 11

• Very nice @pavlove, I couldn't possibly agree with you more. It's a shame that the male species has taken to the ways of the ladies in pursuing the affections of the opposite sex. What a confusing paradox isn't it? Oh well maybe some day the rest of the roudies will jump on board with your thinking and finally realize there full potential.

Till then cheers!

• Menvy... Shit, the internet is getting more ridiculous every day.

• If it weren't for menvy I'd probably still be a shy, skinny, pencil-necked virgin, probably moaning about how girls never go for us nice guys and always date jerks. Instead I hit the gym, figured out what made girls go for certain guys, and I made positive changes. I might have misunderstood your article but you seem to be discouraging that and saying that this is a feminine way to act? If that's the case I disagree. Men are competitive. In all of nature it's survival of the fittest, there's none of this self-esteem boosting "you're a special snowflake, don't change anything" bullshit.

• well, no because when you saw these guys who were buffer and smoother than you you didn't blame not getting girls on the fact that you weren't them. so like instead of thinking "if I were like those guys, girls would want me" you were like "those guys are doing x, i can do x to... maybe even better." As for "don't change anything bullshit" I do promote that because to me its all about being really confident and comfortable which attracts all women but if all you have is big muscles and no confidence then as soon as a girls like "you look grossly big" or "im actually into skinny dudes" you're deflated. If big muscles and smooth chatting skills is what it takes for you to feel like you're awesome at life then of course you need to go out and get those but its the fact that you feel awesome at life... not the muscles themselves that attract the women in my opinion... the muscles just help you feel confident...

• @AdamThomas i agree with you bro the world is full of competition... guys can't avoid comparing themselves to others and then they realize their flaws but competing with so called "perfect guy (who is rich, handsome, talented, charming, intelligent, sporty, fit)" will always not be easy

• i feel menvious all the time... a guy should have something great so that girls will like him... a guy can be rich but not attractive or a guy can be talented at sports and intelligent but not rich... girls will still like you if you lack some but you have more to offer... what if you are not intelligent, good at sports, attractive and rich? i guess this is enough reason why i feel menvious all the time... even if you feel that you are gods greatest gift still not enough to get girls... not being pessimistic but it is the reality... it is easier said than done... nice article though

• Its impossible from that mindset. Girls tend to think if i were more x... then guys would like me! and then kill themselves trying to be more x only to find out theyre not y... or that some other girl is still more x than them. It's a game rigged for you to lose as a man. The problem is in the comparison. As soon as you compare, you lose.

• well this world is full of competition so you can't never avoid that you will compare yourself to others.. its like the animal kingdom survival to the fittest... same goes with any product, a product that has more benefits are salable than the product with less or minimal benefits... same goes with guys... if a guy dont have a common trait that most women want is most likely unlucky with women... ugly or average ones won't pick him how much more the hot ones... plus women are complicated, mean and vile creatures

• Don't be Menvious!

The whole purpose of this article is to make this term catch up.

"So there it is, remember boys that your masculinity depends on not wanting to be the prettiest flower to..." aaaaghhh fuck it.

• pc or not I don't think I'll ever be "menvious" of gay guys..

• GOD DAMMIT I'M MENVIOUS OF @IHAV2FART AND @SHAVEDBLLS

@KRIS85 @LINKYWINKY @BELLEGIRL21 @WHOEVERIDIDNTMENTIONAHMIGAWD

• Lol who cares your elmo lol.

• @Kris85
      I'm laughing so hard and trying to figure out whether this has gone too far or not enough.

NOT ENOUGH. YET.

@BelleGirl21
      'CaUsE you run a dOjO!

• Why you menad bro?

Damn i tried to make it work but it didn't... It didn't work :(

• Menvious.

That sounds so metro.

Must we really invent these unwords?

Why so menamoured?

What's the menjoyment?

I have to be careful, or I'll become a menabler.

• I'm feeling a little bit menvious about that girl for some reason, and also that guy. Maybe my life just sucks, period.

• umm how old is this term for? this sounds like some kid shit. some guy does something stupid like that u mess him up. u dont go all i want to be that guy... this is just weird i feel dirty being here.

• It's less for me at least, I hate that guy and more like "damn I wish I could be like that" I don't necessarily get angry at the other dude, 10/10 i'm mad at myself for not doing better and living up to my own standards