Do men like women who help with yard work?

My boyfriend does all of the yard work and I do most of the cooking and cleaning, occasionally he'll help me around the house and stuff. I don't mind doing yard work but I know some guys who say they don't like their women doing 'Manly' things, I wanna help him out just like he helps me out so I'm kinda curious guys do you like or would you like if your woman helped with stuff like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use to love having a woman that helps out, but at this point in my life I am more about gender roles. You see if you help him with yard work, and he doesn't help you with as much of the cooking and cleaning as you think he should, then you can start to build resentment. I would rather have our jobs spelled out clearly, so that neither of us ends up feeling like we are the only ones contributing, or that we are contributing too much. Mixing and matching gender roles is a recipe for resentment, as both people start to think the other one isn't doing enough. Even though I hate yard work, unless I am sick or injured I would rather do the yard work myself, and avoid any fights later on about me not contributing as much as she thinks I should.

• Very true.. That's where I'm at with my bf, I help him with his business, but get no help cleaning up the house & I clean something on a daily basis. It doesn't feel fair.

What Guys Said 6

• we alway welcome a helpful hand even being manly egotistic,
    but did you really enjoy lending your precious time that in fact you got a bunch of housework
    if you say yes, then one day you came home with a exhausted body , your men come towards and ask for a help, what would you respond that?
    your men probably grumble about how hard he worked and you just lie on a big comfortabl armchair

there are some ways to avoid the conflict happen, and one is do not constantly lift up men's expectation to you

But love never fair and what do you say?

• I need girlfriend to cut my grass and use the weed eater
    but yes i like girls who cut grass and do yard work but
    really team work is what he needs to be about yeah
    i pay good money for who cuts my grass hahaha
    but i like cooking, cleaning, dish washing

• It would be nice, but not exactly a necessity. Manly things? Haha I'd juSt see it as if you can do it kool? if you can't you can't, but saying that if she shows she's got some muscle you know to be wary when you piss her off :D

• A man needs to feel useful.

• Would be a big bonus if you could.

• No. I like women who do ALL the yard work by themselves and don't bother me about it. :P

What Girls Said 0