Would a freshmen guy wana date a junior girl?

Hi I'm a 16 year old girl and a junior. There's this guy in one of my classes who I really like. But today I found out he is a freshmen! Me and him talk daily, but 'what grade we are in' never came up in the conversation, until today. The bad thing is, I lied and told him I was a freshmen too! Ugh. I lied to him because to me it seems teen guys only date girls their age or younger. I've never seen a guy date a girl more then a year older then him, and I'm 2 years older than him :/ He seemed so happy to hear I was a freshmen though. He was like "omg I knew u where a freshmen, I always wondered what grade you where in and never asked but I knew you where a freshmen somehow" Then my friend was like "no she's a junior" and he seemed kinda confused and/or dissapointed but I told him my friend was kidding and he seemed happy again! I don't know what to do, should I tell him the truth? Because he seems to like at the moment but what if he gets weirded out I lied and doesn't like me anymore cus I'm a junior :/ I have to see him tomorrow and I think he's still confused what grade I'm in because he kept asking me. All I responded with is "its top secret". I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm a freshmen still, that and he's very confused. So yeah sorry its long but I'll take any advice guys :)
My questions are will a freshmen guy date a junior girl? And what should I tell him tomorow?

Is also like to add he doesn't look to young for a 14 year old freshmen guy. He could easily pass for my age. He is also like 5'10 and I'm only 5'2 haha.
Also I asked him how old I look and he's like "you look young thats why I knew you where a freshmen" so thats what he thinks I am, omg lol...

Most Helpful Guy

• You should apologize to him because you lied, and then talk to him about the age difference and say that its wouldn't make a difference for you, it does depend if you want a relationship, if you do then talk to him about, its more encouraging for a boy when a girl brings the subject up. Hope it works out, but if you sit with him and explain why you lied (because you like him) and tell him that you like him, and it will all works out :)

• Thanks a lot dude. :)
      Would u date a junior girl if you where a freshman though?

• Well I would if i'm attracted to the girl enough and I knew she liked me back, sure why not

What Guys Said 5

• Guys will date anyone they're attracted to. It sounds like he's attracted to you so go for it if you want.

As for the freshman Jr thing, He'll get cool points for snagging an older woman.

• I would say its ok but my standards 2 years isn't too much of a big gap but I wouldn't force it if you didn't want to date him or felt uncomfertable abiut the situation

• Hell yeah any freshman would like to date a junior

• As long as the younger person (him) acts older than he is, I see no problem. If anyone acts older than their age I think it's fine. Unless the age difference is like 7 years. But It depends on their ages and where they are in life.

• Yeah, we don't really care about age, at least at this point.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes they do. I had a freshman friend who wanted to date me when I was a junior in HS. I rejected him but he was ok with the fact that I was 2 years older than him.

• hey im 17 and senior tbh its really not bad thing cause i see junior guys date 8th graders so if guy can date an younger girl so can girls date younger guys plus i think he will dig the fact u older cause ofcourse he going brag to his freshmen buddies that he got gurl thats a junior. cause think about he a freshmen he going to brag

• I dated a freshman when I was a junior, now he's a senior and I'm still dating him.

• Yes if he likes you why not. 2 years is nothing

• Pfft. The seniors are where it's at.

• Your comment is irrelevant but ok?

• I find it odd as well, not gona lie. He looks old I thought he was a junior! I literally found out today he's a freshmen +_+

• Though*

• Are you two american?