What do guys think when a girl orders a salad on a date?

I'm just curious to see what people say since I do this sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd think that she either just wants a salad or she's probably on a diet or something. If I do think she's dieting or she eats healthy all the time, the next thing that comes to mind is, "she better not expect me to change my eating habits.. just because you're on a diet doesn't mean I am too"

• No of course I'd never make my guy diet with or anything. He can eat whatever the hell he wants. :)

• Awesome, but you might get playfully teased with some pizza

What Guys Said 26

• Ummmmmmmmmmmm... I actually love salad.

www.funny1060.com/.../...-0115-2241-1707_image.jpg

• i'd order nothing just to make her think that she eats more than me MWAHAHHAHAHAHAH

• Better pick a large fries rather than a medium.
    Seriously though, we don't mind. Most of us are used to you girls "stealing" our food anyway XD
    (got to admit it's kinda cute too)

• I would think "she is going to eat a salad before or for dinner."

• Probably only that she cares for her body and health. It's not a bad thing.

• I've had some guys claim it's not real food. But it's just easier to eat unselfconsciously

• It grows in the ground, it's real food. Tell 'em to grow up XD

• I feel that way too. Clearly its real if I can live off of it.

• I guess I would wonder if she is scared to order what she usually order or if she really want that salad.

• Depends on a lot of things,
    How she looks physically, what I already know about her lifestyle.
    She could be putting up a front. Or she could be on a really strict diet because if she eats a burger, she'll blow up like a blimp.

Do you know why guys say they like a girl who can eat?
    We like to seek out the girls who have the superior metabolism that allows them to eat anything and not get fat. It ensures us that she'll have some longevity and she can have fun and enjoy food without being a ticking time bomb.

• Funny thing, living organisms with faster metabolisms tend to die faster. Studies show so far that humans are no different.

The reason we like women who can eat and not get fat is because our stupid human brain thinks "theres no way she will get fat" because it is placing a high emphasis on weight. If she were eating just salad, there would be the lurking concern that if she quit the diet she would blow up.

• Might be health conscious.
    Might be vegeterian/vegan.
    Hope she still wants meat later.
    Pretty much my thoughts when she orders a salad lol.

• I'd probably think "I took the time to take you out for some good food, and you order shit you could get at the grocery store? At least order a damn sandwich"

• Inexpensive and is watching her weight? Oh, she's a keeper.

• Healthy goddamn girl!

• I think if that is all she wants then it's ok. But if I find out that she eats differently once we get to know her it will be a point of reticule lol.
    Don't be something you're not. If your hungry and want to eat with your hands then do it. If you are watching a movie and have to fart then do it. If the guy is a real man he won't care and will like you better for being real.

• I would think "oh.. She wants salad, what should I get?"

• I'll think highly of her if she makes sure there's croutons. Black olives might be a dealbreaker. Otherwise, I really don't care

• I would think, "I sure hope sure never expects me to eat a salad."

• I personally don't care. If she likes eating salads that her thing. My mom was the same way.

• Saves money and I'm a vegetarian. It's a WIN WIN!

• I think "I wonder if she'll fancy a bitta my sausage later?"

Jokes aside, I don't really care, if she wants to tuck into a salad, she wants a salad, I am not bothered.

• I would think... well, nothing. I dont really read into what people are eating. Maybe she is vegerarian and just likes that kind of salad. Fine by me. Not something I would devote any time thinking about.

• I think her eyes are pretty

• Depends on the salad.

• Since I'm buying I would say that she is more than welcome to get something more hearty, but I wouldn't mind if she insisted on the salad.

• Salad is nice but I hope she orders more than just salad

• Taking girls out for dinner is stupid. Such a bad date. Much better date ideas. So if we were having dinner and she got a salad, I would just assume things aren't going to work out between us since we're on such a bad date.

• I would think that she is afraid of looking like a pig, so is pretending to eat better than she does.

• That's her choice she eat what she want no pro

What Girls Said 8

• I've heard that some guys think that the girl is too insecure about themselves to eat what they really want. I, personally, disagree with that. Yes, some girls do do that, but it doesn't mean all girls do that.

• Personally I'm allergic to gluten and dairy so salad is a major thing I eat

• Yeah, and beef isn't the healthiest thing to eat. @albundyfan

• Yes but usually if it's a burger or something it has a filler or something like that so its not just beef. I can handle a steak but I don't usually go on fancy dates.

• some salads are really good though

• I think it's stupid, why get what you can make yourself at a restaurant.

also, I've waited tables, mostly in fine dining/upscale place, I highly discourage anyone ordering a salad. no matter how nice the place seems.

• I don't care I always rode salad just because I like it and it's healthy

• I don't think there is anything is wrong with it. I enjoy eating salad. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy a burger once in a while or that I will judge him if he's eating A lot.

• SHe is eating too little

• You know, sometimes I just crave a salad. If that happens during the date then so be it.

• Some salads are just as fattening as burgers. Add the fattening dressing, croutons, cheese, grilled chicken and all of the other garbage that they put in it and it's pretty much the same calories as a Whopper from Burger King. I never understood girls' hype with salad. Give me a chicken sandwich please.