Guys, would you date a girl with selective mutism?

I have selective mutism (an anxiety disorder in which a person who is normally capable of speech is physically not able to speak in certain social situations or to specific people) and I was wondering if this would affect whether you would dated someone or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. That would definitely make me feel more at ease knowing that the person I like is just as anxious as I am. I have terrible Social Anxiety when it comes to girls (idk why I think it has to do with rejection and me feeling as though I'm never going to be good enough) so knowing that the anxiety is mutual makes things a lot easier.

What Guys Said 3

• sure. our first date would be at a movie ttheater. you wouldn't even have to speak. and if you would prefer, we could go to a restaurant and use whatsapp to talk to eachother ( i saw that in a movie lol)

• Yeah wouldn't be any problem with me especially knowing you aren't doing it purposely

• If she talks to me then yeah I don't see a problem at some point in time everyone wishes their significant other was mute.

What Girls Said 2

• If a guy had selective mutism, no, it would not affect whether I would date them.

• I have social anxiety too. my heart races and I can't get a word out and normally try to walk away