Why won't my boyfriend delete this girls number?

My boyfriend is away at college. He went out to a party this weekend and some girl took his phone and added herself in it as Megan the hot chick. I asked him to delete her, but he won't. Why is he keeping it? Should I be worried?

Most Helpful Guy

• why are so many people butthurt about this? it's just her number. what, you're gonna keep him from every girl he comes in contact with? i don't get how people, especially on here (no offense) think that their partner has no self control or that every person is trying to go after their boyfriend/girlfriend. people make new friends. people make new connections whether you like it or not. believe it or not, you aren't the only person that exists in his world. this isn't to say you shouldn't be worried that she'll do anything (or he'll do anything), but not every girl he meets after you is trying to fuck him. and if this is a concern to you that he may cheat on you with this bitch, then you shouldn't've been with him probably to begin with.

• Men basically don't talk to women they don't want to screw, period. She has every right to be pissed off and cut sex off or go start flirting with other men - he's asking for it big time.

• Men don't just like younger women for their looks, it's because they are less experienced and easier to fool. If I were her, I'd be moving so fast his fucking head would spin.

• By he'd questing it and forcing him to delete the number he won't delete it because your trying to control him. Rather express that it makes you uncomfortable. He may just change her name which is a direct consequence of being told what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is showing me, @dory23 that with the Mouse away and the Other Cat as well, but is Not at Play, he is showing his true colors of Being his own Strict Straw boss who is at No Loss With... He won't.
    He is a free bird who is disrespectfully putting you on his pay no mind list. He is hot to trot for this Megan 'Hot chick,' and who knows, down this not so fine love Line.. What other tricks he will have up his sleeve and on his celly to leave.
    You both need to have a serious talk very soon. It seems with not having it being etched in stone, he is going at This... Alone, leaving you back Home to cry with his Fry try.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 16

• He wants to keep his options open. He is either not that confident about your feelings for him, or not that confident about his feelings for you. It nay be time to have The Talk.

• Yes, you have reasons to be concerned but nothing much can be said for sure as of now, but just be watchful, it's not a good sign.

• ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYyHa03x-U

...

Although if he explicitly added her because she is hot, then he probably intends to keep Plan B in case of relationship failure.

• yes i think you should. the only reson he would do that is if he whant to see her again and me and you knows what that will mean. just my honest opinion. sorry though.

• Yes, you should be worried. I dont see why he wouldn't delete it unless he has intentions of calling her or seeing her again.

• I wouldn't. I don't like girls who go through my phone. It shows a lack of trust. I've NEVER expessed interest in looking through a girl's phone.

• 2 is better than 1 afterall 👙😋

• Unfortunately, yes you should be worried, because he will not do anything good for you by keeping her number

• Thats a sure fire way to not trust him if he won't delete the random strangers number from his phone

• You are right to be worry about it unfortunately; he must delete it.

• Because he needs to call her.

• you shouldn't force him to do things...

• Backup plan

• Yes, you should. You he's probably messing around with her

• It's not that he's gonna cheat but in his mind, he's not commited 100% to you. He knows that if he deletes this number, she will be gone FOREVER. He's thinking what if, what if, what if.

• I would be concerned. If he wasn't planning on doing anything with her there would be no need for him to keep that number.

What Girls Said 7

• He probably kept her number either to cheat, or because she sees her as a second option that he can call if your relationship ever ends. Either way it doesn't make him look like a good guy. There's no point in keeping someone's number if you're not going to contact them somehow :/ unless it's a really old number of a person you used to know and you just haven't gotten around to clearing out old numbers. But this situation is obviously not like that.

• He either wants to try and get with her or he's keeping it there to remind himself a hot chick fancies him. Kinda points to the idea he doesn't fancy you as much as he should.

I'd ask him to tell me why he is keeping it, then I'd sneakily change the number to someone you trust, like your sisters, so if he messages her you will know.

• so you don't talk to her

• I'd add some other guy like 'The Big Dick" and see if he liked it :)

• Fair enough :) But since she already mentioned it to him I guess he'll know she's doing it as a retribution.

• @ChocEyes He deserves it. A woman can say something and if she's not heard, she must pay back.

• I think most Guys would accept the number from a chick they thought was hot. It's not because they want to chestits just something you accept if it comes your way. Whether you actually contact her is a different case.

• If he wasn't interested he wouldn't have even let her get a hold of the phone.

• You need to consider wether this person is worth it, a boyfriend should be your partner in life, support you and reassure you through things. That's not reassuring you at all is it, he knows your uncomfortable by it so he should respect you and get rid of it

• Umm yeah id be worried. I wouldn't start making assumptions or anything but its a little suspicious