Has anyone had any luck on OkCupid?

I'm thinking about giving it a go...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I've used it before. Met a lot of really great people actually. With a lot of questions answered, their matching algorithms can be pretty handy. If you find someone with a 95% compatibility rating, even if you don't have 'the spark' with them, chances are really good that you will at least get along well and be able to have good conversation and stuff. And looking through the questions at how someone answers stuff can give you a lot more understanding about them as a person and how they think than the profile. People always put on a 'best case' face when they write up a profile. But as they answer the questions, their real personalities often start coming out.

It also depends a bit on your personality, what you're looking for, and how... unique your needs are.

• Ahh I like this response. I've been looking out for people that I'm most compatabile with in a hope we'll get along. I wasn't sure if this could mean i would be bypassing any potentials. I'm going to do a little experiment to test your theory :-)

So far I've been messaged by men who are 60-80% compatible with me and also men that are way out of my age range. Is there any way I can restrict who sees my page?

• I understand this. I just don't like the world to know I'm a Virgin. If a guy was to ask me, I would happily tell him personally.

• That's fair. They will either figure it out or think you are super conservative if there are a ton of questions answered and no sex ones anyway. If they are observant.

What Guys Said 6

• Online Dating is a like a drug.

Women enjoy more engagement than men, but get addicted to the positive attention and end up squandering the genuine opportunities that come knocking.

Men see windows of opportunities everywhere, everywhere! So many girls with hot fappable pics! What they fail to see are the other men fapping away to the same girl, but they have six packs and/or money to burn.

Rarely does something good come out of online dating. To say otherswise is akin to saying good things come out of playing the lottery, I mean look at all of those winners!

• Did I just misue akin? Oh fuck me.

• I don't want to join clubs since I'm not a social person. I have joined forums in the past and never gel with anyone on them

• Well, you're going to have to decide where you're willing to compromise. You can't just hate doing everything and expect results to come.

I hate giving up donuts, and I know that pretty much guarantees no six pack. You have to give something to get it.

• Are you a chick? Well then I hope you like weaving through hundreds of messages.

Are you a dude? Just go outside. Your chances are better out there.

• So far I'm so overwhelmed with messages. I'm a girl, I'm looking for love in all different places.

• Nope. Sent a lot of likes, a fair number of messages. Just a couple responses. Not a single in-person meeting.

• How long have you been using it?

• Maybe 5 months. I don't go on it that often.

• Bunch of money grubbing scammers.

• My friend met his girlfriend on there.

• I had an account there once a few years ago. There were some... very interesting people there...

What Girls Said 1

• there's some weirdos guys on there. and some just wants sex. like... NO i dont those.

• Lol sounds like the kind of men I meet when I go out tbh. So no different to what I'm used to

• i guess lol I don't know... but good luck