What does a girl mean when she says not now, but maybe later?

So recently I've been talking to this girl (its been about 3 months) and I've liked her for a while now, but I haven't decided to say anything until recently. Me and her talk every day, and sometimes it's a little flirty, but nothing over the edge. Anyways, I told her how I felt, and she gave me an answer of "I'm not really looking for a relationship right now... maybe in a few?" I'm just trying to figure out if that's just a nice way of rejecting me or if she legit just wants to wait for a little... help would be very appreciated.

What Girls Said 1

• Ususally it is just a polite way to reject somebody, however I don't kniw her well enough to say for sure she doesn't want to wait.

What Guys Said 3

• I sounds like this may be a nice way of telling you she doesn't like you in that kind of way but perhaps likes you as a friend.

In either case, the best thing to do is ignore it and not bring up the subject again. She may like you or be unsure, but only time will tell.

If you don't want this to turn platonic keep away from the friend zone.

• I think she was just trying to put you down easy

• i think she's just trying to reject you in a nicer way