Why doesn't he call when he's away?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months. I know he cares about me a lot and I adore him, but there is one thing that really bothers me. Whenever he goes away, he never really calls. The first time, he called one and he was gone for 5 days. I was pretty upset, but never said anything. Then he went away again for about 5 days for work with my best friend's boyfriend. *they work together. That time he called me every night, but I feel like it's just because he saw his friend calling his girlfriend. Last month he went away and sent me texts and that's fine with me. I don't need to have these long conversations every day, because neither of us are phone people, but it's nice to know he's thinking of me. Yesterday, he left again for 5 or 6 days and today I got my wisdom teeth out. He knew that I was really nervous and scared, but he never called or texted today to see how I made out. I just feel really bad that he didn't care enough to check up on me. I know I should talk to him, but I just want some other opinions- esp guys. What do you think?

What Guys Said 1

• there is a pride thing I think but there is something that I am not so sure about here. he's seems like he is hiding something. He seems to be taking a lot of "vacations" any details on these?

• I trust my boyfriend 100%. The 1st time he went away to visit his cousins which was planned for months. He actually invited me, but I couldn't because I'm in grad school still and he's able to take time off with his job. The next time he went away is because they were shooting a movie in NYC- he's a sound engineer. Last time he went to a family reunion- which I saw pictures of- not that I had any reason to doubt him and this time- him and his sister are volunteering at a camp they went to as kids

• If that's the case maybe he is truly busy or he just doesn't have service sometimes? I really don't know past not wanting anyone to know about you

What Girls Said 1

• If he is around his work buddies it might not be "cool" to talk to his girlfriend. Guys have pride/ego issues so his buddies might make fun of him for being so close to you. But since that one guy was calling HIS girlfriend then your guy probably didn't feel intimidated calling you because the other guy was calling her too. But I am sort of baffled about the wisdom teeth thing. He could have forgotten? I was getting my haircut and I was so nervous about it for a month, and my best friend didn't even ask me about it. I had to say something to her. Hope this helps a little. :)