He says we're "exclusive" but he never texts me?

Okay, I've been dating a guy on my course at University for about 3 weeks now; we get on really well and have a lot of fun together. Recently he asked me: "so, are we exclusive?" to which I replied, "I guess so, I don't have a problem dating you exclusively and nobody else." He even said he was comfortable to changing his facebook status to "In a relationship."

This confused me, as it was far too soon. Apparently he thinks girls like to change their statuses and stuff; not me, I'd only split up with my boyfriend a month ago and he'd split up with his ex of 5 years, about 9 months ago.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to date him exclusively but my problem is, is that he NEVER TEXTS ME. I know he's not much of a texter but the occasional "hey how are you." wouldn't kill him. There's rarely communication between us when we're apart and I hate it. I'm too stubbon to text him because it will just turn into a habit.

I went home from University for a weekend, and as I left his the night before, he said to me: "drops us a text or something over the weekend." And I refuse to, until he talks to me. Even when he's online on Facebook he doesn't talk to me and I know he plays on his xbox most of the time.

This guy has been in a relationship for 5 years and I can't imagine it was just his ex texting him all the time. texting is a key part of communication and if he can't be bothered despite him wanting an "exclusive relationship" then why should I waste my time.

Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• "texting is a key part of communication"...really, is this what we as a generation has come to as a key part of communicating...what ever happened to phone calls, actually TALKING rather than having time to think before you text...anyways lets get to your question or issue you're having. Going out of your way isn't an issue, you can say hey what's up just as much as he can. why not try calling and seeing how he is, people are busy...dont rush this, you said its not what you want to do right...so take things slow. IF it really bothers you then talk to him, in person. in person communication is way more important than texting or phone conversations...

dont over analyze or think about that kind of stuff...hope this helps

What Guys Said 2

• i think your over reacting. does he have a job? does he have friends? if so a call at the end of a day for a good chat and I miss you at the end of the day should be enough, don't be needy. guys hate it, and don't blow is phone up. I broke mine because my ex constantly thought I was cheating on her every minute of the day, (and I wasn't cheating) I got pissed and broke it. you make him throw his phone he might get angry and go all haulk smash on something. ;) but seriously, he is probably just busy, text him every few hours to say hi, or if you did something interesting, share your day with him, don't demand that he constantly talks to you

• LISTEN TO ME... THE GUY SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GUY SO TALK TO HIM... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL HIM THE PROBLEM AND GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST... TELL HIM TO TEXT YOU BECAUSE IT IS SUPPORT...

What Girls Said 3

• Is it at all possible that this guy is dyslexic? My cousin is dyslexic with severe learning disabilities, and he has difficulty texting. He's a very handsome, witty, and intelligent guy, but because he refuses to text (and is too embarrassed to explain why), he can never date a girl for too long. Texting has become an important part of dating, but unfortunately the individuals with dyslexia and learning disabilities are left out. It seems like he likes you, and if you think that this is at all a possibility, try asking him gently, "Why are you scared to text me?" and hopefully he'll open up about it.

• I completely agree! Its like they want all the benefits of having an exclusive girlfriend while putting in none of the effort. My ex-boyfriend said things like "text me or something" all the time. But it says a lot when they take the initiative and text first. I say keep being stubborn and make him put in the effort and if he doesn't , his loss. Being in college, texting is a big part of communication especially if you don't live close together. I went home for a weekend once as well and recieved 0 texts or phone calls from him. And they wonder why we get mad at them. Its absolutely ridiculous and you deserve better. You're not asking for a lot.

• don't let pride ruin your relationship. is it really that big of a deal to text him every now and then? no. he already told you that he wants to be exclusive, so maybe he's looking for a sign from you that you're just as much into him.