When a guy says "Hello Miss. _______" Is he trying to be cute?

I saw my crush yesterday and we were walking by one another. I said Hi _____. and he replied with "Hello Miss Johnson" He never does this...

I know this is prob a silly question but I was jw. I think this guy likes me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to say. It's hard to judge if he likes you based solely on his using that verbiage. Sounds like he was being courteous/respectful, regardless of if he likes you or not. I've said that before, too, both to girls that I wasn't interested in and to ones that I WAS interested in. So don't read too much into it.

What Guys Said 1

• He's being distant. Honorific expressions = distance

What Girls Said 3

• I do this sort of silly/flirty thing all the time. It's just a way to be different when greetting people and have fun/be goofy. I wouldn't take this as "he likes me" more like he wants to make you laugh/smile and enjoys flirting around with you. I would say he's kind of a quirky guy.

I would greet him back this way and see how he takes it and if your flirting escalates.

:)

• Something like that would just slip off of my tongue as something amusing to myself. If you think he likes you, he probably does... but you'll never find out anything if you don't take a risk.

• Probably just joking around.