I recently shaved my head just on a whim and many of my friends have surprised me by implying that I give off a lesbian vibe? Can a look do that?

I don't have any problem with lesbians and it seems to be an outdated stereotype or I would think I guess, but maybe it is too hard to see from the inside looking out.

I have not changed how I act that I can tell since shaving it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure it is outdated, i think lesbians probably do more often have short hair. Which is neither good nor bad, and doesn't mean you can't have your head shaved if you like it.

What Guys Said 4

• Women do not just "Shave their heads". There is a deeply rooted psychological reason why you chose to shave your head. A "Lesbian vibe" is a legitimate explanation from people who are otherwise confused.

Forty years ago and you would be utterly shunned by society for doing it. Why did you think it was a good idea?

It reminds me of the man who stripped his clothes off, and jumped into a patch of cacti. When asked why he did it, he replied, "I thought it was a good idea at the time!"

• Sure. I don't like short hair on a woman because it makes them look like a man. I don't want to date men. So I will not date a woman that has hair less then collar length.

• Yes I would agree with that assessment. It's your face plus the haircut.

• Haha well you do look like a guy or lesbo chick. Js

What Girls Said 3

• First off, kudos!

Sure, a new look can receive a lot of expected and unexpected reactions. The media has brainwashed people into thinking a shaved head = an automatic lesbian. Which is so ridiculous.

As long as you're true to yourself and happy. It shouldn't matter what other people think. But being accepted for who you are is important, but don't let acceptance control what you do or who you are.

A lot of people are subconsciously prejudiced toward one thing or another (or multiple things/ people/ ideals, etc). I think it's a great eye opening experience when you discover it for yourself and actually understand what it is. You'll be a better judge of character when you experience it.

• Sure it can. Any chick with short/no hair is going to look more butch than a chick who has length.

• i think people just assume that because guys always say they want women to have long hair, and well lesbians don't give a fuck what they want-but why does it matter? this whole ''no homo'' thing girls keep doing when it comes to hair is getting old. if it's about guys hitting on you-a girl being gay or having short hair never stopped any guy i know from being a nuisance