Is it acceptable to wear a corset top in public?

I recently bought a corset top from Hot Topic - the red plaid corset top:
www.hottopic.com/.../...id+Corset+Top-10090857.jsp

I really wanna wear it out in public (shopping, school, whatever) but I'm afraid I'll look like a hooker. Would it be ok to wear with long jeans and sneakers, or is it still too whore-ish? Thanks everyone! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're just wearing the corset as a top? Yes it makes you look incredibly easy, which is okay if that's what you want

If you want to still wear is, maybe cover up your shoulders with a jean jacket or wear it as an undershirt with something shear on the top.

It will still make you look sexualized, but it will tone it down by miles. There is nothing wrong with wearing something sexy but just remember it sends a message. I wore a really sexy dress to a party once where I was a DD. When I took my friends to sober up at a burger joint, I got some incredibly sexist and vulgar language thrown my way. Granted the guy was being an ass and his friends apologized for him, but you have to be ready because you are sending that type of message with those clothes.

What Guys Said 8

• This is a piece that can be made looks stylish, but its going to depend on what you wear with it. if you go out dressed trashy you are going to look trashy. Corsets dont make girls look easy, whorish, or anything else. Its how they wear them and what they wear with them. If you were to wear a bolero or a shrug, over your shoulders you would get a bit more of a conservative look. However this top is really just a cami top with hooks and eyes, some extra panels with string tying them together, and maybe some plastic boning. Its a corset style top.
    That said: if you wear a long skirt, a shrug or bolero and some nice shoes you will be fine. Go out looking like a reject from a bad vampire movie and you are going to get the wrong kind of attention. because too many people think that a girl dressing up for herself means she wants to get looked at.
    The plaid gives you a lot of color choices. Though the middle of the summer is going to limit what you wear, no one wants to bake to death for fashion.

• I don't see any problems with it as long as you're not exposing any part of your body that should be seen in public.

• It's not whorish at all if you do it right. Wear jeans or pants with it or maybe even leggings. If you wear it with jeans you could even pair it with a small jacket up top to "classy" it up a bit. But by itself that isn't a trashy corset top.

• A-OK but if threat of prudes, then bring a sweater cover just in case

• That's cute. I don't know why you'd even think it wasn't okay to wear out.

• Yeah, I think you could wear it out. Maybe wear a jacket/cardigan with it.

• It's okay to wear outside, but it does look a little whore-ish

• No, it's not approp.

What Girls Said 6

• Sure... why not...

That's not a corset, it's just a top...

(a real corset has bones in it - 3.bp.blogspot.com/.../fairy+gothmother.jpg )

• That's fine to wear out. It's well covered and it's meant to wear out. But not all corset tops are like that don't wear them all out lol

• It looks like your normal, everyday tank top to me. Jeans and sneakers are good with it. I guess if you had very large breasts I could see how it might make you a little self conscious.

• Yes I agree that this corset is based on making you looks sexy and attractive to others. But these things may be cause for some trouble for you. So my suggestion is to wear this corset only for special occasion as like party, dating and other things. Apart from that I also have a corset that ordered from pleasureplayz and I use this only for party or dating purpose.

• You could definitely wear it, it just looks like a tank top, it's not even that low cut.

• You could get in trouble at school for it, but anywhere else go for it.

• Jeans are good with it, but a short skirt would scream hooker.