Girls, are you into wife-beater shirts on guys?

I don't go out wearing wife-beaters but today was sweltering so I went out to the store in a wife-beater and a beat up pair of jeans and a couple nicely dressed women seemed to be looking at me. I'm just wondering what you think of that type of shirt... or if they make a guy look like a wife beater.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tanks are okay but wife beaters are like undergarments to me - they shouldn't be worn out.

• Yeah, it kind of feels like wearing underwear out in public, which is why I don't do it (except for tonight, of course), but I wasn't trying to impress anyone. If I dress nice I usually don't notice women looking, but maybe my arms look better than my face or something :-p

What Girls Said 4

• That's a staple outfit in my wardrobe! And I think a guy looks sexy in a wife-beater given he has the proper figure for it... Lord knows I do (lol) which is why I live in mine! ;P

• No but if your nicely built with packs you can rock it and look good

• I would be turned off by a shirt that said wife-beater, as I wouldn't want to be beaten by my husband.

• Well personally I have seen some that look great. Then I have seen some that are dingy and ripped. Keep it clean and crisp and it can be a good look on the right dude

• Well it was a clean black one. No food stains or anything.

What Guys Said 2

• This is off-topic, but I wonder why those sleeveless shirts are called 'wife-beaters'! Seems kinda funny! I suppose once upon a time, men wore these shirts while beating their wives! :P

• I use to care, now I do whatever the F**K i wanna do! and it feels good! So liberating...

I'll run outside naked without a care in the world, i was born free and i will die free.