Stupid question: Why don't they have coats for your legs?

It's a bit chilly here today and I was warm on top but cold on the bottom. I'm wondering why they didn't invent coats for legs!

0|0
7|11

Most Helpful Girl

• They have they're called snow pants. Or put on thermals.

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh yeah! Snow pants! But why adults don't wear those around town, even in the dead of winter?

• Show All
    • I know I wear a back pack too. I'm making an over generalization of US culture to clarify a point. Backpacks go in and out, snow pants have remained in childhood.

• Thanks for most helpful.

What Guys Said 11

• demandware.edgesuite.net/.../3035L_61.jpg

Problem solved. That plus boots.

1|1
    1|0
  • "Pants"

Filler

3|1
    0|0
  • They do, they're called snow pants. But they're the pant equivalent to crocs, I wouldn't recommend wearing them if you ever wanna have a sex life.

You can just do subtle things like wear 2 leggings under your skirt, or if you're wearing jeans you can wear long johns under, wear thick sweat pants etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well technically you can wear these under your pants:

www.polgaroroltozet.hu/.../..._jegeralso_001_e.png

0|0
    0|0
  • Snow pants

2|1
    0|0
  • Snarky comments about pants aside, your legs have no vital organs. Maintaining core temperature is the real purpose of a coat, and that takes place in the torso.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are sorta "leg coats" lol. Insulated coveralls or long underwear. Sometimes, I will wear some sweat pants under my regular pants to keep them warm when I'm hunting or riding my quad when its colt.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have coats that go down the level of knees

0|0
    0|0
  • there are certain leggings which you can wear under your jeans. or ski trousers.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do, trench coats.

1|0
    0|0
  • Heat travels upward. So a long coat (down to your boots) will work.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• It's called pants.

4|1
    0|0
    • We have sweaters then coats on top. But we just have pants. There's no like, jacket for your legs right?

• Show All
    • Aren't those hard to take off once you're inside, or do you just keep them on all day? :)

• I only used to wear them as a child. I didn't take them off when I was inside, no. Unless I was going to change into something else (like my pajamas).
      If tights aren't your thing, then maybe leg warmers. Even though 99% of the time they literally don't help at all.

• Try some thermals. =P

2|0
    0|0
    • Good idea! Do you normally just leave them on all day? It seems like they would be a pain to take on and off each time you go outside...

• Yeah, just wear them all day.

• There are snow pants

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, but you don't see adults wearing snow pants around town right? Why only the top and not the bottom?

• I guess because people pick style over comfort.

• I thought that's what leg warmers were for... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear leggins under pants while it's too cold :) It works.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, just wear a long coat and leggings underneath your pants...

1|0
    0|0
    • When you wear leggings under your pants, do you just keep them on all day? It's not like a coat that's easy to take off

• If you wear a long top as well, when it gets too hot, you can take the jeans off of the top of the leggings and you're set.