What are people's options on men wearing skirts?

I am just wondering what everyone thinks about men wearing skirts and other articles of clothing that society has deemed just for women. What would you think if you seen a man out in public and wearing a skirt while shopping with his wife and daughter?

What about wearing nail polish?
I want more opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I belief that if a guy wants to wear clothes deemed "women's" that he should not be shamed for it, we girls take men's clothes all the time and make it ours. Guys should have just as many options for fashion as we do.

What Girls Said 9

• High-heeled shoes were originally worn by men. As early as the 10th century, many horseback-riding cultures wore heels on their boots and on their shoes, because heels help you stay in the stirrups (which is why cowboy boots have heels).

The Persian cavalry wore inch-high heels, and the trend spread to Europe . Since they showed that the wearer owned and maintained horses, high heels became associated with the upper class.

• Go for it. Just remember most jobs have dress codes and require the skirt to be a certain length (if they allow skirts in the first place).
    Personally, I'm pretty ok with it, since I'm so used to seeing brolitas.

• 0|1
  • I won't like it

• One of my male friends loves wearing skirts. I'm used to it. I probably wouldn't even notice.

• It would be strange but I see lots of strange people. I probably wouldn't think much about it.

• I would think it's unusual.

• sure he can wear a skirt he can do whatever he wants but i am never going to date or marry him but he is a free person and he can do whatever he wants

• Whatever floats your boat. Im not gonna date a man in a skirt, but if he is transsexuel or transgendered, then I really don't care if he wears women clothes.

What Guys Said 8

• It seems awkward on the surface. But just think of it. Are women ever judged or referred to as cross-dressers when they wear trousers, which are originally men's clothing? Of course not. Being a realist, I would never think badly of men who wore skirts.

• I think it's comfortable while peeing.

• I am a man and I occasionall wear a skirt - sometime in summer a denim mini but at other times a khaki cargo skirt. Yes I do have a tartan kilt as well as two Utilitikilts (one beige and another black).. I find almost nobody notices (which is great) though a few have commented positively (which is even better!)

• I'd probably just find it interesting.

• Social convention makes it a bit of a no no., which in my mind is a shame. the comment has already been made about how no one bats an eyelid when women wear mens clothing. I personally wear denin or cargo pants style skirts. Above the knee, with pockets. So not a feminine style of skirt. I'm straight, in a healthy relationship with my girlfriend and she doesn't mind me wearing them. Just choose your moment to wear them - probably not best to wear them out shopping in a supermarket unless you want to attract unwanted attention or comments from narrow minded people.

• It would look kind of weird , but whatever, it's his fashion choice, and I guess that would be comfy...

• May be he loves crossdressing.. wouldn't bother me though..

• 0|0