Why do some transgender women wear so much makeup?

I'm not trying to sound mean or rude. No one needs to get offended.

But I've noticed that transgender women usually wear a lot of makeup and girly clothes and get plastic surgery. I know that they want to look more feminine and girly but I feel like some of them don't know what it means to be a girl. Even though they are. I know this is kind of a stupid question but oh well.

Have you noticed this? Or is it just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most trans people feel that way due to gender roles and stereotypes. When they feel like they identify with the other gender, most (not all) are talking about those roles/stereotypes so trans women are always wearing make up, wearing dresses or heels, etc.

• It's kind of sad but some of them look really beautiful

• Yeah but it's not their fault. It's society's for enforcing the whole gender thing. Without it, everyone would feel more free.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• obviously they want to hide some manly features they have.

when you transgender your male features won' t totally fade awy

• Because theeeeeeeeeeeeeyy're idiots?

• They want to look more feminine and i think that they feel good with so much Make Up on them...

• Why do any women wear all that war paint?

What Girls Said 3

• To look more feminine. It's also because they want to stand out from the typical "female" because they find themselves unique. Personally, I think it's wonderful. They look amazing.

• I agree and its gross

• I don't know how to reply to this

But yes sometimes it is, most of the times it's not.

• Many girls wear lots of makeup. Why not

• I'm not saying they shouldn't