Would blue or purple hair look bad on tan skin?

LOL im sorry but i need opinions because im gunna do this hair dye in two days!! dont ask questions about why but i have like NATURAL TAN skin (maybe a tiny bit darker),
would i look disgusting or cute in this hair color?
www.beautyofnewyork.com/upload/pow-found-chart.jpg

or maybe a purplish hair color?

ak2.polyvoreimg.com/.../38104707.jpg

And blue as in the demi lovato blue hair
Or any other suggestions? Not black or brown

What Guys Said 21

• She's a bit darker, but it looks goooood.

img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...tumblr-dzmbvpz1.jpg

• ohhh purple looks nice basically in this pic!

• Now the hair and skin tone looks good on the girl in the picture if that's what you mean than that would be okay with her hair color she's wearing

• no you will not look cute with any other hair color that your own.

• Purple should be alright. Look at the guitar I made in my picture (not he best quality or lighting), purple body, gold hardware lol almost close enough to tan... maybe, but it should look alright. Um maybe try a streak that can wash out quickly

• It wouldn't be a good look.

• Think it would look bette if you had one of the skin tones in the first two rows. If you have any skin tone in the bottom row, i would dtuck to your natural haircolor

• It will both look good if you're wearing it with confidence

• your skin color doesn't matter what matters is if you can pull it off it if it fits your personality and your style.

• Blue and purple hair looks terrible with any skin color.

• Blue or purple hair looks bad with any skin tone.

• its uh... well kind of a style mismatch. its like a goth girl wearing a poodle skirt.

• No, you'll be fine. Should be ok, as the skin tone isn't clashing.

• It'll look nice.

• both are great but you have to choose the best hair salon to get the best result and not mess your hair, good luck !

• You will look great in either color

• Ever thought of Burgundy?

• Yeah do it!

• I don't think that those colors look great on any skin color but definitely purple over blue.

• I think any color other than natural shades look childish and shows immaturity. But the question is being asked by a child so, I figure whatever is currently "cool" would be the best option to try and be different like everybody else.

• Nobody is doing this at all. Im doing this to express myself and to be at least a little unique because i have other sisters.

• Nobody is doing it, yet you mentioned you wanted it like Demi Levato.
      So emulating someone to be different... therefore be different just like everybody else.

• Demi lovato is just an example the hair color. And you make no sense. Demi lovato is not everyone

• Yes. -----

What Girls Said 33

• Why not get both in an ombre look and then you can have both?
    encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

• I wouldn't if I were you.

Funkier colours are usually best on pale people because it's so contrasting to their skin tone.

If I were you, I would do a bold statement strip in the colour but not all over until you're sure it suits. So you could have like purple underneath, or purple fringe.

Purple would be better than blue.

• Depends on your face TBH. Go with purple to start. I feel blue looks the worst on most people unless they have the face for it. I have tried almost every color in the rainbow and blue is the only color I can't really pull off without a balancing color

• The real question here is, do you want people to take you seriously as a person?

Regardless of how nice or wonderful you are as a person, how you present yourself to the world determines what opportunities are available to you.

If you appear as someone who doesn't make mature responsible decisions, less opportunities will be available to you because people won't take you seriously.

Do you have any upcoming situations where you will be applying and interviewing for jobs? This is just one example.

• Natural tan combined with purple or blue?
    Don't do that. I'd suggest you against it.

• Unless you are toasted tan or lighter it won't look that great. I have dyed my hair purple before and colors like purple, blue, red only really work on people with a light skin tone and it looks great on people with a bright eye color.

Also keep in mind dyeing your hair purple or blue all over will cost a lot (more then other colors because of the process), it doesn't last long (first hand experience), and it is very damaging to your hair because your hair has to be bleached to a very light color and when you bleach your hair your striping it of nutrients.

When I dyed part of my hair purple it lasted longer then usual because of the dye my hairdresser used. If you do decide to dye your hair blue or purple get it done by a hairdresser who works from home.
    a) it's cheaper
    b) You have a choice of the quality of dye used.
    and
    c) they generally do a lot better job of it.

• I've got tanned skin. Natural tan. South Eastern Asian color. And for me I prefer dark brown, or black. It look suits for tanned. but if you confident with another color, I pick purple

• My skin color is like tan and I had green hair. It was gorgeous. It should look nice but you'll have to keep it up.

• Do it! The purple in the picture is a darker purple and would look good on just about everyone. I have reddish purple hair and I love it.

• I personally think blue or purple hair look bad no matter what.. but you have to live for you. Purple is my fav color if that helps.

• I don't know if I fall under the tan group but I've done my hair blue and purple. My hair as we speak is blue/teal.
    Looks good on me. It just depends how you get your hair done. Don't do just one monochromatic colour because then it looks basic.

Example: if your doing blue, have highlights of teal, turquoise & sometimes even green. Essentially do different shades of the colour you want.

• Blue doesn't seem bad. And don't let haters bring you down do. Do what you want! YOLO!

• I think it would look fabulous!!! I think you should always do what you want and you shouldn't worry if others wouldn't like it. Life is too short to have boring hair.

• Yep... it would look bad. Ad least in my opinion.

• Bright coloured hair looks fab on most people, what colour is ur natural hair? How are u planning to achieve such a vibrant colour?

• Hmm, I'd say that could also depend on the style of your hair.. Tan skin looks nice with either/or!

• if you want purple hair, then get yourself some purple hair.

if you want it more natural-ish go with a warmer tone

if you want like the pic- get cool tone.

• Try it with coloured paper before the mirror, or photoshop a pic from you and change the hair colour. Then judge.

• I think pastel purple would look great, but your skin has to be even.

• I think blue would be pretty but it fades to like a weird green which is kind ugly. Unless you wanna deal with the maintenence id do blue but purple is a little better

• As long the blue or purple hair is in a really dark shade then it'll look fine.

• Not at all, super chic

• Rainbow dip dyes don't suit everyone irrespective of skin colour.

Hope yours works :)

• I prefer brown or black hair color. Suits to tan

• It would look so cute!!! If i were you though, i would do like a more lavender color... or maybe even a light pink. Or turquoise

• That sounds pretty but why those colors in particular?

• I don't think so.

• Purple is Good!

• I think both will be nice, maybe "almost black" with the tone of purple or blue

• Yeah it will most likely look good, either way it washes out quick. I personally wouldn't dye my hair again I fucked it up.

• More from Girls
    3