Are lip piercings unattractive, or a turn off?

I'm considering getting snakebites and Im curious if it will be considered unattractive. Or give people a bad impression.

Can people tell me why they think their opinions as well please so I can understand from your side of it better?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like them on women. You should take them out when you go to work though. 90% of employers generally don't appreciate them.

What Guys Said 39

• I don't like them. Piercings on lips? I would not want lips to be messed up.

• Snakebites are super trashy looking, can't stand them. By far the worst lip piercing you can get. Monroes are kind of cute if you have nice lips.

• They look ridiculous. anything other then 1 or 2 in a womans ear is really horrible. I hope you will think twice. it is a huge turnoff...

• I dont like them

• Unattractive, a turn off, and definitely gives off a bad impression.

• Not attractive whatsoever, I'd rather she keep those lips natural.

• I agree with other comment. Some will love it and others will hate it but the most important view is yours if you like them go for it.

• no i find them sexy most of the times tbh

• I don't think they are necessarily unattractive, but i have an irrational fear of a girl with a piercing giving me a bj and... you probably get where I'm going with this 😰

• I don't find facial piercings attractive. It seems to undermine a woman's natural beauty. For some reason though, Ear rings don't bother me though. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

• Face piercings are a turn on for me I think a nose one in the corner is cute and snake bites turn me on because they look good when the girl smiles or gets pouty. also can define the girls face

• 0|0
  • They're very unattractive. Piercings, tattoos, make-up, dyes, implants, whatever. Unless it's actually part of your body, I won't like it.

• Total deal breaker for me. It looks atrocious and unprofessional. Consider what type of job you'll want to have in the future and if such a look would be appropriate. Chances are it wouldn't be.

• You can take them off if you want!!

• That's quite true, however some people truly take long periods of time to decide these matters. For example I have older friends in collage, that took up to two years before she decided on her piercings.

• I am suggesting that perhaps you should wait, too, especially for someone your age.

• Honestly I prefer a girl with no piercings. Ears are obviously ok. Maybe a little one on the nose. I think it makes a girl look a little classier. If I'm at a club piercings mean she's trying to hook up. I know that's not true it just looks a little trashy

• Nah, not really. Not a deal breaker either. I do like nose piercings, the small ones I don't know how you call them but nothing more than that.

• not a fan of them

• It's not the nicest thought knowing there's a piece of metal touching both your lips and whoever you're kissing's lips.

• But, if you really like the girl though wouldn't you forget about them while you kiss? I mean not all of them are like right up over her lips

• Depends on the guy. Piercings anyone but on the ears looks pretty weird to me. Sorry if my above post came off as overly sarcastic.

• No no, to at all I apreciate all the post people put because it's their own opinions.

• Ummm... I would think it would get in the way? maybe?

• Major major turn off

• Looks like shite.

• Depends on what you look like and how you dress. I mean do what you want, you can always take them out.

So my answer is on some girls it is a turn off on others it is a turn on.

• Not a fan of piercings on the lips.

• I don't like them.

• face piercing of any sort is a turn-off for me.

• Depends a lot on the person, but most that I have seen I haven't liked, but the ones I do like, look amazingly good

• Reflection of hotness are lips

• Very. To me.

• NOOOOO please DONT DO it.. really unattractive and shitty !

• No i like them but the one i don't like in the nose looks off?

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 25

• It's your life, you know who you are as a person. If you want them get them, you're young. It's normal to want to try new things out. You can always take them off 😊 if you don't it's something you'll always be curious about. (I know from experience)

• I like them - but only on the lower lip - not on the upper lip. O. o

It looks great on guys and tomboysh girls. =)

• I get a lot of compliments on mine. I had snakebites but now I just wear one tiny diamond stud. It might be best to get one of those stick on jewel tattoos and try one of the jewels on to see how you like it. If you're wanting a ring, then they have clip ons.

• I've had people say they like how my angel bites look. They are like snake bites but on the upper lips. So it looks like this www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing

• Wow, those are cute! :O

• That's, true. I however would probably never do any on the top because I have a beauty mark near my uper lip 😅

• if that's what you want then go for it and don't care what people think. If you're getting something or not getting something for the purpose of looking attractive then forget about it. What you do with your body is up to you, and other people's opinions shouldn't affect your decision. if you are really concerned I suggest getting one lip piercing first before getting the second one

• Mmmmmmm both.

But who am I to have a say so? They're your lips, not mine. Do what you want with them. :)

• I find them unattractive. Plus they can be damaging to your teeth I think?

• Honestly it all depends on the face whether or not it's attractive. It suits some people but not all. As for giving people bad impressions, yes it can. Especially when it comes to jobs and stufflike that

• Let's just say I haven't seen many people who looked good with those types of piercings... But do whatever makes you feel good!

• I get a lot of compliments on mine, i have a cute little sparkly stud on one side of my lower lip. I really like my lips and thought adding a little something would be nice :) I wear lip rings occasionally but i don't think they're for me, I got used to the little studs. I think when people hear "lip piercing" they think of a ring actually going through your lip and sometimes that's not the case lol.

• Unattractive. I'm not a big fan of piercings anyway.. except in the ears. But if you really want to get them, don't let me stop you!

• I think they are a turn on. I prefer snakebite rings in guys and tiny studs in girls. But that's just my opinion

• HUGE TURN ON when I was in high school, HUGE TURN OFF now as a young adult.

• anywhere besides your ears is unattractive for me. But hey, its your lips, though i would strongly go against it.

• I dislike them. I think nose piercings are cute, though!

• i like them

• If you want it then go for it regardless of what anyone says, but to me it is a turn off.

• I have 3 on my lower lip and could care less who likes them. So far I haven't had any complaints.

• Too trashy.

• I think you have to have the right look to look good otherwise major turn off

• You should get snake bites seriously express yourself. I'm gonna get some when I am out on my own...

• Yeah, express yourself by getting the same exact piercing that everyone else gets! It's so individual!

• Others may get them, however if she feels like she enjoys them isn't that the point? To do something she loves for her own body? Pretty much she is expressing her fashion taste and own opinions corrct? She would be her own individual just by doing something that she enjoys and finds beautiful in her own way.

• It's so fucking hot I can't...

• I like them.

• its not a turn off nor unattractive. In same cases its attractive just how to see how it looks in the person.

• I personally don't like piercings and find any sort unattractive. But if you like it go for it. Who am I to judge?