Guys, would you date a girl with an unnatural hair color?

Leaving this question open to both sexes because I want to hear opinions :)

So this weekend I'm getting my hair dyed. Currently I'm a dark chocolate brown, and so this weekend I'm gonna add some (relatively) subtle purple Ombre highlights. It's the first time I've ever gotten an unnatural color, and everyone's excited to see it except my parents. My dad told me I'll never find a guy that way, or that at least I'll just attract the wrong kinds of guys (nevermind that I've been in a serious relationship for 2 years, but that's another can of worms lol).

Anyway, bottom line, I'm excited for it. I told my dad I gotta do this while I'm young and dumb. Not that I need his permission or anything, just to be clear. I'm 24 and been living on my own for 3 years. I'm adult!

Anyway, so what are your opinions on unnatural hair colors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• At my age, I think people should have grown out of it by now and taken to a more professional style (though some people manage to pull off crazy colours while still looking profesh - props to them!!) But for younger people, crazy hair is a lot of fun to experiment with. In my teens and early twenties I had every shade of red under the sun at one point or another and even tried a few purple shades. I loved my bright colours and my dark colours.

• That's sort of what I'm thinking. There's a woman at my job who's in her 40s and frequently gets pink or purple highlights. Which is great for her, but I'd prefer to get it done and over with while I'm at this age. :)

What Guys Said 8

• , yes I dated a girl who went purple. It worked for her skin color and such and I thought she looked good. It was a notch odd at first, but she was awsome so I was oke with it. It wasn't bright purple. Highlights are better than solid.

If you put on pink lipstick thought... I'm gonna run from the bar... lol!
    That said, in general, you may lose some people, hard to say. but who cares, its your hair!

• I'm a bit daltonian. I might see there's something weird or I might miss it completely.

• I would give it a try. The manager at the local hot topic has purplish hair and I've been crushing on her for a while.

• Ok I wouldn't date someone with full on blue hair or pink. Little streams of yeah maybe.

• im ok with them. i once dated a girl who dyed her hair blue and she still looked great

• i totally would.

• nope

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I've been every single colour of the rainbow at least twice. And I've never struggled to find someone who wanted to date me and I've dated some really good guys, so ignore your dad.

• Well your dad is partly right. Counterculture looks like unnatural hair colors, piercings, tattoos, etc do tend to attract guys who assume you are a slut. However there are girls with wild hair who have decent men who care about them. You are young so now is the time for you to get away with wild colored hair. I think you should do it. its not like its permanent, if you find that you dont like it you can always dye it back or get a weave

• I think unnatural hair colors can look cool and fun with a certain style and when it's temporary for example blue or purple if it's done well but it's a bit distracting on a daily basis (distracts from face, clothes etc...)

• As long as it looks good with your hair and the rest, I don't see dudes having an issue with it.

• Certain guys will be really attracted to that fun quality you have :)

• I wouldn't date a guy with crazy colored hair. I prefer natural colored hair (on a guy)

• Yes if it looks good