Do people realise that natural redheads tend to have freckles when they say they like redheads?

Or is it just redheads as in people with obviously dyed red hair?

As a natural redhead I notice so many people say how oh so special and attractive they find red hair or that it's even their preference but on the contrary these same people then also say that "freckles are gross", "disgusting", etc etc.. so that's one hell of a turn off, right?

That just makes me wonder: do they realise that natural gingers usually have freckles when they say that they like/prefer red hair?

Natural ginger:
Lol I wonder how many bubbles I just bursted..

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• As a natural redhead I find this odd too. "I love redheads but freckles are gross"
    Um hello redheads typically have a lot of freckles. I have known some people who are natural brunettes who have more freckles than me! I only have like 3 on my face the rest are on my arms (the tattoos cover some of them though)
    How to tell if its a natural redhead? We burn in the sun without sunscreen thats usually a first sign of a real redhead. Freckles is also a sign but like I said I know people who are not redheads with freckles. Everyone I have dated was shocked I was a natural redhead (when my hair was dyed black) cause I dont have all the freckles but my light eyelashes and eyebrows (which I dye too) well say different lol.

Yes, my cousin is half Korean and he got dark brown hair but he still inherited the freckles haha, that are still far more common in redheads though

It is but after awhile negative comments become jokes to me. Why care what strangers have to say?

Good point :)

What Guys Said 20

• Yes when I say I like redheads, I mean the natural ones... and I find freckles to be cute lol I thought most guys did too :P

• Yes, I knew that. And I love BOTH the red hair and the freckles!

• Yes, real redheads almost always have freckles that's how you can tell the fake ones.

Lol and usually by the color of their eyebrows or worst when they have visible roots

• For me its the perfect combo. I don't fancy all redheads but I will always check them out.

I love freckles too, I think they add character and depth to the face.

The girl in the picture is very attractive in my eyes, her hair, her freckles, her eyes, wow.

I think so, too!

Lol ALL the time, I'm going back to red before my vacation ends but I won't stop using concealer on my freckles. I've heard so many people say it's gross, even to me without them knowing I have freckles myself & they really don't suit me

I'm actually sad to hear it. I thought you would be the opposite. Is it because you have very pale skin, I know that certain complexions don't look quite as good with freckles. Red hair is always a head turner though so changing back is a smart move.

• Yes, they do in fact have freckles. Guess who has two thumbs and likes both red hair and freckles..

thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...-himself-22020952.jpg

• The natural features of a redhead are hot

as a rule- pale skin and freckles along with the flame hair

• lol i don´t care xD freckles can be cute. i don´t mind them... but i don´t go all too crazy over a readhead anyway. it´s fine but not like exceptionally prefered or something.

• One word: sunscreen

Nope, doesn't work if you are genetically prone to getting freckles and this is coming from a freckled person who's using sunscreen spf 50+ on a daily basis

She was very lucky then

Yeah. I guess so, and this was pretty much before sunscreen was a thing.

• I actually have something for redheads. Find them really attractive.

Maybe it's just me.

• I realize that. I don't mind freckles, they don't do anything for me, but they're not a turn off.

• Yeah, so, redheads are still hot

• I mean redheads can still look good with freckles, I mean Lindsay Lohan used to be hot lol

Lol the girl in this is cute. She reminds me of ginger cookie 😂 and the orange skin tone plus hair plus freckles go really well with her. Freckles are bad when they are way too much or distributed unevenly or basically look like small pox or something lol

@rogerthat123 yea she is really cute

• Freckles are cute

• I have no problem with freckles -- they're part of the reason I love redheads.

• They should.

• Yes though redheads are still extremely gorgeous dear Madame. ;).

• No bubble bursting here. I live natural redheads, freckles and all

• neither attribute is attractive.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• <3 I love her freckles <3 && Her hair.

** What's wrong with freckles? **

I don't see anything wrong with freckles as I have them myself lol I've just overheard a lot of people make comments on freckles being super gross or disgusting looking

Oh, I meant in general to everyone.

& Freckles are adorable to me. :3 My grandmother is a natural red head and I love hers too.

• I love freckles, I love red heads. I'm not a natural red head. Both my grandfathers were and I'm pale enough to be a natural red head but I am actually blonde in reality. But yeah I like freckles.

• I think freckles are cute or pretty, and that woman is gorgeous.

I think so, too!

Ahh, I'm sure you look gorgeous with them.

lol I really don't

• Not all natural redheads have them, although mostly do. It depends on their ethnic background.

I'm a natural redhhead, and I have none.

Lucky lol what's your ethnic background?

Also, I studied genetics.

Ohh I see, well my cousin is half Korean half Irish, he didn't get the red hair but he did inherit the freckles lol

• I don't see what's wrong with having freckles or moles.

• My redhead friend wears foundation to cover up most of her freckles and there's a lot of bottle red heads around (ariel the mermaid). All that must contribute to their ignorance. She looks good besides lack of eyebrows.

Lol I use concealer on mine and yeah my eyebrows were pretty much transparent too until I started to dye them :P

People say that allll the time. It's because we are our own worst critics, you'd start to dislike them on other people too if you spent time looking at it in harsh lighting like we do to ourselves.

Haha probably

• People seem to love my freckles xD dunno why they don't for you

Haha they don't suit me so I cover them up so people never notice lol but it's just comments I overheard when the conversation comes up

I like them on others but not on myself :D

I am hot a red head and don't have freckles, but if you ask me i would say red heads are the most attractive and rare race.
      You have are like blessed and not exaggerating many people consider natural red heads (Pure White Skin) as something heavenly and yes they include freckles too.
      Freckles are beautiful and they are attractive. That's the reality.
      I am not a red head and i say red heads are indeed the best creation of GOD so beautiful

• I know some of the natural red-haired people have them, but not all.

It's actually most natural gingers that have freckles, you're really lucky if you have red hair and you don't lol

• I am not a ginger and I have some

Yes it's more common in gingers though

I am not a red head and i say red heads are indeed the best creation of GOD :) so beautiful.

• She's beautiful! Lots of people like freckles

It still seems like an awful lot don't though, if you pay attention to it when the topic comes up - it's probably one of those things that polarise though like you either like freckles or hate them