If no one adds me, does that mean I'm unattractive?

I created my Facebook page and for an entire month, hardly no one sent me friend requests besides people I knew. If you are at least somewhat attractive, it seems like girls from my college would add me even if they don't know me?

I'm on my college network and everything, but hardly no new friend requests, and virtually none from complete strangers. Oh and I only have 25 friends all together so far :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Playing one of those irritating games like Farmville or Mafia wars get strangers on your page. I know a guy who has like 3000 friends all from Mafia wars. I don't think it's looks, I think it's greed - they want as much stuff as they could get .

I ignore all stranger requests. Why would people I don't know filling up my wall with useless sh*t when it's already full of useless sh*t from people I do know? I don't play any games either.

Try it, start a farm or a war and add people to fill your coffers with treasure.

Hey - why don't you add people from your college network yourself?

What Girls Said 5

• No, it just means that random strangers don't feel comfortable adding you. Think about it: isn't that kind of weird to browse networks for goold-looking people and adding them solely for their looks? I always get kind of weirded out when random people add me, becaue I have no idea who they are or how they found my profle. I've always seen Facebook as a place to keep in touch with friends, not really make new ones. It usually takes me weeks of knowing a person before I add them on Facebook. Adding random attractive people is weird. Don't think too far into it.

• no, not neccessarily, it just means your no fun...kidding...kinda.

do you have many friends outside Facebook?

but, really, don't take it so personally...its just a network. plus who wants be friends with people who are vain (if indeed you unattractive).

maybe give more time meeting physical people on campus and talking in class-which will lead them to remembering you and adding you.

goodluck.

• no, I don't think people usually friend request people they don't know on Facebook. It's supposed to be a way to keep in touch with people you know, so generally the people you're Facebook friends with are people you actually know. Usually I don't friend request people until I've met them several times

• no its not like MySpace, people don't generally add good looking strangers for no reason especially if they've never talked to you

• Not necessarily.

Facebook isn't nearly as open and blase as MySpace is.

You have to do some digging to find someone, whether it be looking at networks you're on or whatever.

But with MySpace, you can meet random people with whom you share absolutely no connection with any day, by chance.

If people aren't adding you, add them. It's not a big deal to friend request people on Facebook. They probably won't think anything of it.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 5

• No, it does not. Actually, your question even seems strange, as I've never thought this sort of thing actually happened.

The only friends that I have on Facebook, and the only friend requests I'll even accept, are from people whom I know in real life and interact with regularly. Everyone else I know is the same way.

To be blunt, I think it is unrealistic to expect people to add you on Facebook just because of your looks. I seriously doubt people even browse through their networks to find random people.

• haha you saw the new south park

• Hahaha actually that kind of inspired this question.

• Please do yourself a favor...close your Facebook page, step away from you computer...get up out of the chair...and go socialize with people face to face. Sitting behind a computer never helped anyone socially.

Facebook is a joke...if your gonna live life worry about that, then that's sad. Kip Drordy...is a prime example...you don't wanna end up like him do you?

• It could mean that, but I don't think so. They probably just don't know your there because they're probably a lot of people that are fans on the college page, and I doubt they would look through the whole thing. Plus, since you don't have a bunch of friends on Facebook, people won't see in the "people you may know" box thingy. So... 'kinda not'.

• I have a FB account and don't have my pic up and don't get any requests, and I could care less about it. When I do, it's from some people that I don't know, and I deny the request and mark it that I don't know them. Don't worry about it, dude. Some people have more friends than others on FB, I've only got 38 with 4 pending.