On a scale of 1-10 how muh effort do you put into your looks?

I have some friends who are just naturally pretty as hell. They just wake up flawless. Honestly it makes me super jealous because I put a lot of effort into my looks but people tell me I look average. One time one of my classmates decided to rate me despite me telling him not to and he literally said "You're just a 5, but that's because you don't try to look nice" I don't think people realize how much effort I put into being a "5". I usually keep my hair braided which at the least takes 3 hours and at the most 7 hours. I watch my weight like a hawk. I struggle with make up but I still try anyway. I have a strict skin care routine. I had braces for years to get a perfect smile. I take forever picking out outfits. I literally put so much effort into everything except my finger nails. (I don't know why but nail polish makes my fingers feel weird). So are you one of those lucky natural beauties or does it take a lot of time and effort?

• 1-2 (Little to no effort)
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • 6-7
  • 8-9
  • 10 (Maximum effort)
  • RESULTS

What Guys Said 19

• Over 10,000 I need my bitch ass to look good for all these hoes even the cheap as slutty ones who wear fake white wings outside the Vegas casino.

• 12d

This was the funniest thing I've read all day 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• 12d

Thanks good thing I am never sarcastic ooooolways ;)

• If we take working out out of the equation then I'd say that in general, I'm in the 4ish range. I normally just get out the shower, towel dry my hair, put on some clothes and cologne and I'm good-to-go.

However, if I'm going out for a night on the town then I put in a lot more effort such as shaving, ironing my clothes, styling my hair, etc.

• Around a 5. I used to care more when I was younger, but I also had a lot of self esteem issues. Now I feel more confident in myself, I know who I am and I feel content with my appearance.

• I do the bare minimum plus maybe a touch extra if I need it now and then.

• Honestly not that much of an effort lol mostly because I don't need to, I just wake up shower put on clothes.

One of the perks of being a man.

• 12d

That sounds amazing. If only I could've been born a boy 😭

• 12d

It can't be that bad...

• 12d

@BiscuitesSwag It can...

• Waking up flawless isn't a thing. Waking up flawless in the eyes of someone who will see you as flawless even with bed hair, eyelid sleep crust and morning breath is a thing.

• 12d

I was just exaggerating... Chill...

• When im alone, minimal effort, when im out with my SO, medium effort and only because she likes it. Ofc i dont count the gym as this is not why i work out.

• Compared to some guys I know, I put in a lot of effort. Compared to some girls I know, my morning routine is pathetic.

• 6 probably just cause I go to the gym whenever I have time, and given my tight schedule is definitely an extra effort even though if it was for me I'd train more. Other than that not much lol

• I only put 5-7 into my looks lol

• Maximum effort

• Zero.

• very little as im naturally handsome ;)

• comes in waves. Sometimes I don't give a shit. Sometimes I try really hard

• I just wash my face, brush my teeth, dress well, smell good and comb my hair.

• Usually 0-1, I don't need to put effort into my looks.

• 3-4, though I do focus on the way I dress, and that could be easily 8-9

• About the same level of effort as Donald Trump.

What Girls Said 29

• Like a 2? I do a little exercise, enough that I don't consider myself awfully unfit, but in terms of make up the only thing I know how to do is put on lipstick and even then, I have no idea what colour suits me so I'll wear it like once a month if I feel super confident, that's about it. I don't have a skincare routine other than washing my face, and in terms of styling, the most I do to my hair is wash, dry and brush it (though I do dip dye it unnatural colours too for fun).

• Day to day, I wear very little make-up, just a touch to accentuate, but I do brush my hair and keep it neat and tidy as much as I can. Also I shampoo and condition my hair often, but not too often. I run and swim a lot to stay in shape and I keep myself hairless on my body.

• Not that much effort. If I look clean and taken care off then I'm okay. Only thing I take a bit of effort in is my make-up, which I do in 5 minutes and I shower, brush my hair and often wear simple but decent clothing. I don't really think of my outfits though. Sometimes I just go to school in jogging pants I just slepts the night before in (student life). I do watch my weight a bit, but more as in don't eat too much and you'll be fine. Why do your looks really matter? So that one guy on school might like you? Just look clean and have a good attitude and you'll look fine.

• I swear we are twins!! I can relate to everything you said. I'm a very insecure person. I'm so jealous of practically all my friends that can naturally wake up and spend little to no time getting ready yet look flawless and have guys falling at their feet. Meanwhile I spend hours of time and energy (not to mention a bunch of money) on my looks/weight/appearance yet rarely get compliments or noticed by guys. I'll never understand it.

• 12d

I understand completely.

• Probably a 5. I don't wear make up, just moisturiser. I only brush my hair and pin it back for work in the car. I paint my toe nails and get eyelash extensions which is my "luxury" thing for myself every few weeks.

Sorry - why does it take 3-7 hours to braid your hair? Do you mean like box braids or cornrows?

• 12d

Box braids. But I only get it done like once every 2 months.

• 12d

Oh awesome 😊 I'm sure it looks great. Don't listen to someone "rating" you Hun, just do what makes you feel good about yourself.
      Everyone is attracted to something different, to him you weren't it but for another you'd be a stunner.

• I put 6-7, mainly because I spend a fair bit of time on my makeup. I don't leave the house unless my eyeliner is on point (lol), and my hair is nice and I'm smelling pretty. That being said, I don't do that every day, only if I'm going out clubbing or to a formal dinner or something.

Most days I'm a 2-3, chuck some BB cream on and some mascara and I'm good to go :)

• I don't like to wear makeup because I don't want to get acne and I have oily skin but on some occasions when i'm feeling myself I wear mascara and translucent powder. However I do try to fix my hair considering I have super super curly hair and that's about it I use a skin routine every morning and I have braces as well 'cause you know i'm trying to get that perfect smile. So I'd say that's about a 3 to 4 because I really just do everything last minute to get ready and I genuinely just don't care. If someone wishes to tell me that I look like a 5 then so be it because I'm worry about excelling not dating.

• I focus more on my sense of style than wearing makeup consistently. So it's about 50/50 most days. It's not that I don't enjoy makeup, I love it! It's just that I work most days of the week & I choose to sleep-in over dolling myself up.

• Well:
    - I shave/get rid of body hair
    - pluck my eyebrows as an extension
    - use body scrub
    - wash my hair often
    - brush my teeth heaps
    ... oh wait, that's what most people do.

I don't *actually* make that much of an effort, I don't diet or have a gym routine or do anything that requires any sort of commitment so... I'd say 3-4.

• It really depends on the day. If I need to go to the bakery on Sunday morning, I really don't give a crap, my effort is like -10. If I go to class, and I know I'm gonna see a guy I have the hots for, my effort will be like 12. On average, I think it#s around a 7 though.

• I voted for A - 1 - 2 ( little to no effort) : once I'm finally awake. I will take a shower, brush my teeth, wash my face with soap, brush and comb my hair, and put on whatever shirt or pants I grab first. I'm very lazy I don't really care about putting effort into my look.

• 3-4 I could care less. Maybe you should stop putting in so much effort and just be you! You're beauty will shine like that

• Not much. I never wear makeup and my parents couldn't afford to get me braces, the most I do with my hair is a ponytail. I don't buy anything for my skin and I just throw on a shirt and jeans. I'm trying to lose weight now but I never did anything about it before.

• Like an 8.
    Unless I'm going somewhere fancy, like my BF's military ball. Then I go all out for that haha. Not every day you get to dress up like that!

• not THAT much effort tho...

• I just keep myself clean, style my hair and throw on whatever I can find.

• Literally just give my hair a shake and flip it, put some concealer under my eyes, and put some eyeliner on. Then grab some comfy clothes and I'm off. Takes me less than 15 minutes to get ready

• I don't work out but I try to control what I eat and do portion control along with a new diet every 2-4 months such as atkins or the rice diet etc...

• 8-9 everyday.
    10 on special occasions.

• 12d

You're super pretty tho. (That's you in the profile pic right?)

• 12d

Lol ya but I wish I was just naturally flawless like some girls I see 😩

• 12d

I don't know how they do it! 😭 I'm just waiting for my turn to glo up.

• 7-8/10 I've never felt like I was naturally pretty so I'm always trying new things to improve my appearance.

• When it comes to my physique, at the gym I put in max effort.

Makeup wise, I've never worn much of it. Even on special occasions it's bear minimum.

• Depends hah

• I honestly don't put in an effort. 😅

• Gotta look good

• Not much. Probably a 4 or 5.

• To be completely honest, I don't do much of anything. I have school so I get ready the night before. So I'll like pick out out an outfit at night and change into it so I have more time in my bed. Then I brush my teeth, and all that other hygienic things. A majority of the time I don't even do my hair in the morning. I never workout, I don't eat healthy. Good thing I'm naturally skinny. Unlike Eugenia Cooney. Sorry, I had an opportunity and I took it.

• Constantly wash my face, full makeup routine with foundation mascara lips and eyebrows. I'm lazy with my hair, I just brush it and it goes into a soft wave and I leave it like that. I focus a lot of time on outfits. I just wish I could forever have a clear face and no red marks ugh

• I 'm not sure. I'll tell you what i do so you can decide how much effort i put in
    Hair-
    I wash it with a anti frizz sulfate free shampoo & conditioner, blowdry , brush , apply heat protectant and straighten it. Deep condition once a week.
    Skin- i cleanse, exfoliate once every two weeks and apply a cream daily.
    Lips, carmex and exfiolate with toothbrush.
    Nails- keep them neat and i have them painted in a pink color right now.
    Makeup : I wear concealer, foundation, brow pencil, brow gel, eyeshadow, mascara or false lashes somethings, lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss over it and blush.
    For clothes. I wear nice skinny jeans, casual but cute shirts or sweaters. I wear dresses to special events.
    Im gonna add face mask once a week and hair oil but for noe thats it. What do you think?

• 12d

Sounds like a 7 or 8.

• 12d

So, average effort then? What would you rate you effort or mind telling me your routine?

• 12d

I'd say we're pretty similar.
      Hair: I only really wash my hair once every 2 months because I keep my hair usually in box braids. I wash and condition my hair whenever I take my braids out. While my briads are in I make sure to apply a hair moisturizer or braid spray every day. I use some type of hair wax stuff (can't remember what it's called) to lay down my edges in the morning.

Skin: Wash daily, moisturizer, acne cream, dark spot cream for any scars or acne marks that I'm trying to get rid of, I use a blackhead pore strip when needed, and I apply a mask about once every 2 weeks.

Lips: Exfoliate with toothbrush, green tea lip balm (I love the smell of green tea)

Nails: I have a bad habit of biting my finger nails but I make sure my toe nails are always neat and polished.

Makeup: Usually just some BB cream, or concealer and foundation

Clothes: Most days I have to wear a school uniform, but on weekends I usually stick to skinny jeans, high top sneakers, and a sweatshirt.

• I put some offer to look good and feel good with myself but i dont get crazy about cus i want to be confortable and dont spend hours in how I look.