Would you allow your girlfriend to wear revealing clothes in public places ?

Girls, does your boyfriend allow you to wear revealing clothes in public places ?

• Yes
  • No
The question here is not of controlling your girlfriend. The question is about whether you would want her to wear something that reveals something that is supposed to be hidden.
Would you be comfortable when other guys ogle at your girlfriend longer than usual while her breast is sticking out of her clothing ? This is what the question is about.

Most Helpful Girl

• im single but I kinda like the idea of a guy caring enough about me to not want me to wear hoochie clothes in public. I don't dress revealing anyway

What Girls Said 11

• my boyfriend has no say in what I wear

• oh I actually hate this sh*t because it happens to me all the f***ing time! For some reason guys think they'd tell me how what to wear & I'll know how to dress appropriately according to w.e place we're going but well I can't help the fact that I look the way I do & I have a very outspoken & crazy/happy personality and people (including guys) always end up approaching me whether I'm with a man or not. Its my personality reality, that's just the way I've always been &my ex couldn't deal with it or what I wore. Wtf as long as I don't dress like a slut then he shouldn't have a problem right? well he did! and that caused big time jealousy problems; which lead to him acting all f***ing stupid & idt have patience to deal with insecure men so I dumped his ass. I'm sorry but guys be man enough to go out with your girlfriend & accept the fact that other guys are gonna check her out! Wtf do you guys want, a nun? I understand that some girls don't knoe gow to dress adequate but if your girlfriend does & she still happens to draw attention towards from people in general then f*** deal with it! Be glad you have a hot girlfriend who's confident in herself & I suggest you guys are confident enough to go out with her & not make such a f***in big deal because it'll just cause stupid insignificant problems!

• Guys have no say in what I wear. They don't "allow" me to do or not do certain things. This is the 21st century honey, women have power over themselves now.

• Not picking on you Pancakes....you were just the top one.

See....this is a common thing that just slays me. My girl has enough respect for me to ask...even though she knows I won't tell her what to wear. Wanna know why the dating world is so messed up? Welcome to your post feminist life. Who should ask, who goes first, how, when, where...what role do I dress for on odd numbered days.

• Look, I'm completely cool with him asking me not to wear something because it makes him feel uncomfortable but it's when he tells me not to wear something or won't "allow" me, that's when I get my rage on. That's not being feministic. That's having an equal, non-controlling relationship. I wouldn't tell my guy that I won't allow him to wear something either, that's just not cool.

• Read WeaponZero's answer.

• My husband loves it when I show skin when we go out.

• If it's not about control then why did you use 'allow'?

It's ridiculous.

If the guy went into a relationship with a girl who dresses slutty then he knows what she usually wears, and it's hypocritical and unrealistic to try to change her.

If the guy enters into a relationship with a girl who dresses casually he knows that's her style and that won't change either.

(I'm talking about every day wardrobe - not for special occasions...)

• I wouldn't let my boyfriend tell me what to wear.

• i normally don't because I have respect for myself but a guy I used to date would ask me to wear shirts that I normally would wear with undershirts but he wouldn't want me to wear a undershirt.

• I hope he wouldn't allow me.. not that I wear revealing clothing.. But its sweet and protective.. and I LOVE IT WHEN HE's JEALOUS! :P

• allow? what the f*ck do u mean ALLOW? it's my damn body and i'll do what ever the hell i like with it thank u very much!!

• I wear what I want, and my boyfriend loves how I dress sexy for him because we don't get to go on dates very much because we're both very busy. Plus I'm a 36 D so whatever I wear is going to look a bit inapropriate :P

• No, but... I'm sure they wouldn't want everything out in the open for the WHOLE town to see.

What Guys Said 11

• The boyfriend does not have the authority to ALLOW the girlfriend to do anything. She is a human being with a free will who will do whatever she damn well pleases. She will dress how she wants, she will go where she wants, and as long as she's loyal to me it doesn't matter and it's my problem to suck it up and deal with it. I do NOT control her and nobody controls other human beings.

• And that is where the phrase "My x" so often comes from. It doesn't have anything to do with allowing something. It has to do with mutual respect. I for one don't "suck it up". There are lines, and if they are crossed without reguard for my feelings then she's history. I give the same respect. From what you say she can do anything she wants to as long as she isn't sleeping around. Hmmmmmm.....I don't seem to recall ever seeing that as part of the definition of a relationship.

• You're my hero.

• Wouldn't phase me in the slightest. If she feels comfortable and sexy in it, then its doesn't matter. ShesMyGirl made an excellent point too - no need to get jealous/worry etc, because you know who she's going home with.

• Sure, but I already know who she is going home with :)

• I would like her to enjoy her body, and that includes her clothes. If that means she wears revealing clothes, I don't see the problem. Now if she's dressed in a sluts outfit, that's a different matter altogether. But short skirts, cleavage, and tummy showing outfits are nothing to fret over.

The only thing I'm more concerned about is wearing appropriate attire for a specific get together.

• Even if it was a slutty outfit. it still wouldn't matter. you know she's going home with u

• No, but the thing is I wouldn't even choose the girl who dresses too slutty. I wouldn't choose someone like that and then try to control her.

• I would allow her to wear whatever the heck she wants.
    If she wanted to wear something revealing. It would be cool. Other guys can look. Just don't touch.

• I wouldn't really want to - not because of jealousy or control or anything like that; but because I honestly don't trust the possible horny entitled douchebags who assume that wearing shorts is technically equivalent to "asking for sex from a complete stranger they had never seen".

• My girlfriend dresses how she wishes some times showing a great deal including open shirts no bra and short skirts other times not depends on her mood and the situation any way I'm proud of her its her choice.Some guys don't like others looking but it should be upto the girl after all we don't own our partners

• Girls always say they look for a guy that respects them and loves them more than anything, but when girls where all these open shirts and everything the guy has nothing to respect and yes I agree that no matter what guys are gonna look at girls but if you where something open then more guys are gonna look at you and when that happens guys just feel like they are sharing their girlfriend with everyone else, if you want a guy to respect you then you need to give him something to respect

• I am comfortable , as my wife does it all the time , moreover it makes me turn on

• i love my gf & i would always want her to be attractive not only to me but to all. I think its absurd & very over possessive & chauvinistic sort of idea to think that my gf or wife would be attractive Only to me and not to others. She should be beautiful to all but not only to me. She has every right to do that !
    ..
    Now coming to the dressing part i would just like to say that i won't mind my gf wearing Revealing dresses only if she enjoys it & carries off well. It completely depends on her, as i ain't one Mughal badshah who would confine her queens to palaces and keep her face covered so that no one else can admire her beauty. And if she is wearing revealing dresses, its quite obvious that other guyz will surely Ogle at her. Although i will surely get JEALOUS ( like everyone ) with that, but there's no question of being uncomfortable. But i wouldn't like it if she's doing it in every other place like market or even a crowded bus stop. If its a party or a tour or even a hangout with friends i won't mind it.
    Only Wearing revealing clothes, urging for other guyz' attention & get them admire her beauty doesn't make her slutty. BUT I WOULDN'T WANT & EVEN won't ALLOW HER TO WEAR THOSES DRESSES TO PLACES OR SOME PARTS OF THE SOCIETY WHERE IT won't BE SAFE FOR HER, AS not everyone can control their DESIRE & ogling can convert to touching & i dont want that ! AS long as SHE cares my feelings and loves me i dont have problem with these silly things.