Girls: Opinions on Wife Beaters?

Sometimes I wear wife beaters when around the house, doing yard work, or sometimes under polo shirts. Not in a hick/ trailer trash kind of way, but kinda like NY/NJ look, like this,

link

except I'm not that jacked.

what is your opinion on this look

Most Helpful Girl

• haha it's OK. it depends on the guy and his personality. if you like it, wear it. if someone gives you any crap about it, consider the source. if you think they look good, then take their advice. and if not, then ignore it.

it doesn't sound like you're wearing them inappropriately like all the time or to the club, so sounds OK.

What Girls Said 7

• depends on where you live, if you live in a beachy place then I would expect to see a lot of people walking round in them. but other than that you should prob wear them with something else

• Definately not out in public, houuse yes. They're just kinda trailer trash-ish and shows that you don't really care about how you look..

• I think most guys can pull them off as long as they're not boney and pale...

If you like the style you should wear it :)

• Well I'm definitely not pale, but I'm pretty skinny, I don't know if I classify as "boney" lol

• I'd consider a guy boney if he weighed less than 140lb....... (usually)

• I'm not a fan of 'em. Why are they called "wife beaters" anyway?

• HOT!

• it's OK around the house, but not OK in public

• What if its under a button up shirt, or something like that

• That's fine. I meant just wearing it by itself

• it's a look that only should be worn doing yard work or around the house in my opinion. any time other than that, it's like a tool type of look.

What Guys Said 1

• haha not what I thought this question was once I read the title..glad it wasn't though

• You might have heard the term dego tee but that's offensive to ittalians (im ittalian and my grandma hates that word she said it's like the and word for ittalians)