Why do women place more value on height than looks?

It seems women place more value on a man's height than on looks. It's like women would rather be with a guy who is tall but not so great looking than a guy who is good looking but not so tall.

It's like height matters more than how good looking a guy is. what is the deal?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not to me. A 5'8 guy with a really cute face and nice body is more attractive than a 6'3 guy with an ugly/average face and out of shape body. But if they are both equal in terms of face/physical shape then the taller guy would win. I do like tall guys though. So while being tall is a good quality it won't override things that are majorly wrong with a guy.

However, if a guy is TOO short it almost doesn't matter about the rest of his qualities. If a guy is 5'2 then I simply am not looking at him period. I just don't want a guy who is shorter than me. I don't want to be bigger than my man.

• so what if the girl is 5'9-5'11, and the good looking guy is 5'8? Will the girl not even bother to look at him because he's shorter than her?

• That depends on the girl. Most girls want their man to be taller than them. I know some taller women who only want taller men, but I know some who've dated men who are shorter than them. It kinda depends on the girl but usually she'll want someone taller than her

What Girls Said 8

• I think it has to do with a lot of what society taught us..Which is sad. It's inmature. I will admitt I always thought I wanted or needed someone to be taller than me, but as I grew up and have dated a huge range of guys I realized it really doesn't matter much (to me..but I'm sure there are still some girls and guys who prefer certain heights not that they are shallow its just what they prefer and there is no shame in being picky specially with dating now a days) anyways what was I saying? Oh yes to me.. I realized I don't mind dating a guy who is shorter than me but he has to be comfortable with the fact that I am taller. It's a must and a deal breaker if he isn't. I'm going to wear heels and not feel like I have to slouch to make him feel comfortable. But yeah I don't have a problem dating someone whos a different height as long as its not a problem for them. Does that make sense? ha ha It's late I'm not sure if I am lol :) Hope I helped!

• There are some people that don't care about height. The guy I love is short (5'6"). I agree though that most girls seem to put way too much emphasis on height...there are some though like me, who just don't care.

• I bet you're short tho and know taller guys than u

• I'm 5'6", the same height as the guy.

• lol, look at this chellmii chick thinking she KNOWS paigems is short, like she's trying to make a point or something...some women actually have good taste in men and recognize that a meaningless measurement like height isn't important at all in a partner. Attractiveness should be based on what is aesthetically appealing, ie looks, not something irrelevant like height.

• For me, it makes me feel like a big wall is protecting me and I feel like a kid.

It gives me an innocent feeling that gets me all warm inside.

Although, shorter guys are cute to me too. I like the thought of spoiling them, you know? With, like, hugs and kisses and such. I don't think I'm the only one like that, but according to most women I know, it's true for an abundant percentage.

Did I help you?

Hugs and Kisses,

STM~

• I am 5ft 11 and I just don't wan2 feel big like a bloke,the guy should be taller,yeah I have turned down people a bit shorter than me,that are better looking than the lanky streak of p*ss I choose just cos he's the right height and build.but I don't like being so tall.It's totally upto the girl but I personally wouldn't because I'm insecure about my height and I think girls should b shorter than the guys.My only physical must is that the guy must be taller than me for some reason,i don't even know myself :S

• everyone has their own preferences..some prefer their boyfriends to be taller because in most relationships, girls like guys that can be tough and look out for them.

• lo no its not like that well most of it is actually... we just rather have someone who is taller than us then someone short and we do look at looks but height plays a part 2

• So why prefer height over looks? why can't it be the other way around? Why can't you prefer to be with a guy who is actually good looking who may not be tall? why would anyone be okay with being with someone who is ugly?, that's just gross.

• I would be just as comfortable going on a date with a girl taller than me as I would a girl shorter. It would take me a bit before I even noticed her being taller than me on a concious level, it's that damn meaningless. It really is a meaningless measurement because it has nothing to do with the aesthetics. Good aesthetics are what make a person attractive ie looks.

• you know what fine !..height is not that important..happy ?!

• well I don't want to be around someone shorter cause it makes me feel like a giant

• but being around someone ugly/average looking doesn't make you feel like you have bad taste?

• you do realize that height is a part of looks, lol :P

• not according to my definition. for the purpose of getting my question answered, you will have to go by my definiition of looks.

• where the hell did you get that idea from?!?! no two people are alike and comparing one to many is just plain stupid. so you couldn't even begin to understand who I'm attracted to and why...

• thats beside the point. your original post was retarded.

What Guys Said 1

• Because guys can never be as beautiful as women, evolution caused this necessary change so they would react to...

oh wait. Not. Wanna know the reason? Easy. It's because girls learn that guys are supposed to be big and strong, while guys learn that girls are supposed to be pretty. These engraven sociality-originated thoughts alter the image of your ideal, and eventually girls believe that guys are supposed to be taller than them. For example, my sister doesn't necessarily need a guy to be taller than her, the only reason why she likes it if a guy is taller because then she can put her nose into his warm neck in case it's freezing. I think that's not a universal reason. xD