Guy pretty and girl pretty?

Do you think there's such a thing as being guy pretty or girl pretty? If so please explain what you think makes someone either one. An example I think is Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, for the most part I think Selena is guy pretty and Demi is girl pretty

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely think there's a difference between 'girl' pretty and 'guy' pretty, and I agree with your observations on those two.

Guy-pretty is like, 'girl next door' types. Girls who look like girls in magazines, with typical features and typical style. Prominent breasts and hips/ass. Not usually anything that strays too far from the 'norm' as far as clothing choices, hair, facial features, etc.

link

link

link

link

Girls seem to find a wider array of girls to be pretty. They're more forgiving when it comes to unique features, or girls who just generally don't look like 'every other girl'. A girl will be more likely to find beauty in a girl who doesn't have completely symmetrical or typically/traditionally feminine features.

link

link

link

link link

I think Bjork is the perfect example of what ISN'T guy-pretty, for the simple fact that most guys wouldn't be attracted to her. Her weird quirkiness isn't a mark in her favor in the eyes of most guys. Her beauty is nontraditional, and as a girl, I think she was -stunning- in her younger years.

As for myself, I'm most definitely girl-pretty. Girls tell me 'how pretty I look today' and fling compliments left and right, but most men don't spare me a second glance. I'm talking 'in real life'. The internet doesn't count, because no one here knows me in person.

• Thanks so much for taking the time to comment I like your answer!! For me I think I'm girl pretty too for the same reasons you do. I always thought how weird it was to have a difference between being girl pretty and guy pretty. For demi and selena I've talked to different guys and they always pick selena but it baffles me cause I think demi is GORGEGOUS!! oh well...lol

• I've always found Bjork to be attractive in some ways, but something about her face reminds me of a girl who parties way too much and suffers from lack of sleep. I'm not sure if you know what I mean when I say I can see that in a girl's face a lot of the time. And it's definitely a deal breaker for me because that's exactly what I think it is: The "branding" basically of a girl who does drugs, drinks way too much, partes all night, and deprives herself of sleep.

• I know what you mean. I used to have that kind of face, haha. I don't really see it in her though.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes there is a such thing, but I would say that Selena is also girl pretty. I think that any girl that has interesting features would also be girl pretty.

A good way to tell the difference between girls who are girl pretty and girls who are guy pretty is to look in a women's magazine and compare them to women in a men's magazine.

I think I'm girl pretty too, because girls always talk about how beautiful I am but guys never say I'm pretty/cute/beautiful/hot.

• I am "girl pretty", my face is different, but guys just pass me up. I think Selena and Demi are both pretty...but I would have thought that guy would pick Demi over Selena because Demi's face looks more mature...

I also have an example of guy pretty and girl pretty (sorry, I'm using Japanese celebrities)

Guy pretty: link

Girl pretty: link

• guy pretty probably means hot and girl pretty probably means cute or average looking girls that could pass for cute...more down to earth?

• i think selena is girl pretty and demi is guy pretty. her face could pass for a guy

• I'm sorry I meant more guys think Selena is pretty and more girls think Demi is pretty

• Oooh. I thought you meant their face structure