To girls that are between 16-25. What are your thoughts on the Zac Efron hairstyle?

I grew my hair to his length over the past summer and now I've been rockin the hairstyle for 6 months. Generally guys with long hair are young high school kids. Guys with short hair are looked at as mature, more masculine, look older, just more manly hair trend I guess, and 9/10 males have short hair that I see. I have a lot of friends and all of my guy friends have short hair. I'm like the only distinct looking guy around my friends now.

But what do you girls really think about Zac's hairstyle? Do you think it's too pretty boyish or what? I mean I'm 19 and I get looked at by 15 year old it seems like. Do any girls besides young teen zac efron heart throbs like that hairstyle on a man? DO MATURED GIRLS LIKE BOY BANGS?

Here's a couple of pictures of what my hair looks like link link

Most Helpful Girl

• My heart's not really throbbing for Efron, but I can say that shorter hair is a more mature look if you wanna go that route. I mean if people mistake for a kid in high school, then a slight change to the mane might be good. Just do what you feel most comfortable with.

• I totally agree with what you just said. Yea that's what I was afraid of...not looking completely mature than as a guy with shorter hair would. I'm sure older women around my age don't really appreciate longer hair on a guy as much as a guy with shorter hair. But I guess I will do what fits me. Would you think that just because a guy has boy bangs, that would make him not datable? I mean are you looking for a guy with shorter hair rather than longer?

• I'm pretty OK with long or short hair on a guy. I was and still am attracted to guys with long or short hair as long as it is clean, well groomed, and fits them. Hair style for me doesn't make someone "undateable", however it sadly does affect how others' view you (i.e. mature, youthful, immature).

What Girls Said 16

• Gotta admit, I'm not so hot on that, and I'm 19 as well. But then I normally fancy guys in the 35-40 range so I guess I'm not all that likely to go for anything distinctly teenage.

Though having said that, here's a kinda young-ish hairstyle that came up when I Googled Zac Efron - link

I think long hair works best if you go for something like Johnny Depp... girls of pretty much any age seem to love him lol

• Ummmmm I think the Zac Efron hairstyle really only looks good on boys maybe like 13-17. By the time you're 18, you should switch up your hairstyle a bit to maybe something like this: link .

Then you still look attractive, but more mature at the same time.

• Thank you for your answer! Yea I agree. I'll be 18 in a couple weeks actually. By genetics I have a receding hairline and I don't look all that great with spiked hair. Don't get me wrong, I love my hair spiked...but I think I look goofy considering I have a '5 head/ receding hairline.' I would really enjoy shorter hair because of it's comfort and you can count on it looking good most of the time. Some people say the long hair thing is good on me because my face looks similar to Zac's though.

• Ohhh yeah, I understand.

But the picture of Zac in the link I showed you, based on what you're telling me,

I think you could be able to pull it off. (:

• Yea me too. Thank you very much!

• Lol, Zac Efron is doing a movie shoot here in Louisiana. He's been in two surrounding towns near where I live. All the little girls are going crazy over it. I'm surprised that my 18 year old sister didn't climb the fence and get arrested for trying to break into his trailer.

Although, I think Zac Efron is definitely a hottie and his hair is cute. I don't think it's a style I would ever really remember. I had to look at the photos to remember what his hair looked like. I think hair like his and Justin Bieber are the craze right now.

I'm about to be 26 and have a thing for younger guys, so yeah, I would like it on a young guy. It seems all young guys have hair like that. And of course you get looked at by 15 year old girls, they probably go home and drool over their posters of Zac & Justin after looking at you. And as much as I am crazy for younger guys, I never seem to be into the younger generation of pop and movie stars. However, I totally am in love with some of the members of Big Time Rush!

I'm interested in seeing if any other 25 year olds answer and what they say, lol. I know grown women who drool over Zac...

• Hahah really? Yea I heard he buzzed his hair for the movie or something. That's awesome though! Thanks for your answer!

• It depends on your overall style and face-shape but in general I prefer short hair. I am a fourth year at a university so the guys I am around are fairly mature, some have longer hair but most have short hair.

I guess I see boys with that style of hair as boyish. There was a guy in my calculus class with the Zac Efron style of hair who I never really paid much attention to. He cut his hair and when he came to class I did not even recognize him. I was sitting there wondering why there was a new guy five weeks into a ten week course and admiring him (gosh that sounds horrible but I was :-/ ). When I finally realized that it was him I was amazed at how much more mature and handsome he looked with short hair.

• Hahaha that's a good story! Yup I agree with that totally. I actually had the sporty short hair style all of last year and on into last summer before I started growing it out. Now that I notice, I actually had more looks by girls at school when I had short spiked hair.

I have a question though, By my genetic makeup I have a receded hairline. Not completely horrible, but it's definitely noticeable..especially when I spike my hair in the front. Would that bother you at all? Thanks!

• It would not bother me at all. I probably would not even notice it, especially if I got to know you and you had a good personality. It is amazing how a good personality completely makes physical imperfections disappear (for me at least).

As a side note, if you have a receding hairline you probably want to keep your hair cut short. It makes it less noticeable for some reason.

link

• I'm not too into the whole "boy bang" thing, I think it should be left for Justin Bieber and not to anyone who is actually mature. I'm not trying to diss you though, for all I know you look great with that hairstyle.

My personal opinion is that a shorter cut looks much better. I wouldn't worry about not being "distinct" anymore, a hairstyle isn't the only thing that differentiates you from others, so don't even sweat that. Hope this helps :)

• I appreciate your honesty =) . Yea I figured most of the older matured women would like guys with shorter hair. I guess longer hair on guys make them look boyish. I mean I see zac's hairstyle like that and he just looks like a high school kid. No wonder he cut his hair after he turned 21.

But I was just asking the question to see if girls around my age look at a guy with longer hair as boyish, not mature, or not datable.

• i love longer hair like his, its hot <3 I like it darker tho.

• My brothers friend has that hairstyle and it looks good on him. He's 26. lol. So yea it's fine.

• GAG!

(and not girls ask guys...)

• Yes I think it could be hot on certain guys.

• cute! :D

• if you can pull it off then go for it

but I personally prefer shorter hair on guys :)

• I'm 19 as well.. But I absolutely LOVE that hairstyle.. For some reason I only have things for guys with shags

• Hahah sweet! I'm still debating on whether I should cut it off or not! I love my bangs and long hair, but I don't wanna look to boyish since I'm growing my mature...especially since a lot of the guys have short hair = / Thanks for you answer!

• chace crawford = <3

• Yea he has a similar hairstyle to zac efron. Do you think chace crawford's hairstyle looks boyish?

• i wanna lick his hair ;)

• i think he's hot and pull off that look very well

• Yea he can pull of that hairstyle well.

• I'm 22.

Zac Efron is very cute to me. I think if the guy is good looking he can work it, but it will give him a "pretty boy/young" image. If you're okay with that then keep it. I think it's cute but it is a look that appeals more to younger girls though. So if you are tired of the 15 year old girl attention you might want to change your hair cut.

• So true. I don't know why I didn't get that in the first place. Thanks for you answer. I guess I can hold it for a couple more years before the guys start calling me cutie pie. Those douche bags. ha ha but yes, I get looked at by a lot of the younger girls. I hope I find more matured girls around my age who would like it rather than a sporty spiked hairstyle.

• this has been very enlighting I actually like my hair longer than that but different style only because I don't look good with short hair, although I have a beard thing that helps me look older. and not that I walk in the room and girls start passing out but I do notice geting noticed I seem to get noticed more by minors which is no good since I'm almost 22. maybe I can find a short style that works for me, I also plain look younger anyways.

• I meant to write "but when I do notice getting noticed"

• I think that long-ish hair is cool, but not in zac's style. I just don't like it. I prefer short hair myself, but if you are going to do the long and different look, go for a different style :)

• Thanks for your honesty I guess. Ha

What Guys Said 0