Anybody on this site that grew into their looks later on in life?

I don't know whether this is because I was generally unattractive when I was younger or whether it was just because I was too shy and not confident enough, but only now I am becoming comfortable with myself and my looks. Like, when I look in the mirror I like what I see and I get more attenion from girls these days. I don't get a lot of attention by any means but I definitely get a lot more attention then when I was younger. Back then I got no attention at all from girls, absolutely zip!

Just wondering whether it's normal for people to grow into their looks later on in life, like their early/mid-20's? Most people who grow into their looks that I know of usually grew into around their late teens. Around 17, 18 and 19. But for me it's only happening around now. I'm 22.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, completely normal. I was a geeky, skinny kid who had little self-esteem and I got picked on. As I grew up, I did become more attractive but that didn't really matter until I actually started improving my self-esteem. I feel very attractive on most days and there is no way I would have ever expected to hold that opinion of myself when I was young.

I know others that say the same. I have a friend who said he was a chubby kid, and apparently had quite the belly on him in High School until he reached his senior year. While he had the belly he felt he received little attention from girls, but when he lost it and muscled up, he was quite the playa-pimp. He is quite good-looking so it is hard for me to imagine him not having girls interested in him, but that was the case.

• Oh OK cool. Glad to see you have improved on your self-esteem. So it's completely normal for me to START growing into my looks at the age of 22? I will be finishing university this Summer so I was wondering whether I have finished growing into my looks or not.

• I don't know if we ever finish growing into anything. There are hotties in High School that let themselves go later in life. There are people who look great, let themselves go, then look great again. When I had my daughter I went through a frumpy stage. I did not gain weight but I had a boring haircut and clothes because I had not time to figure anything else out. Enjoy where you are at and don't worry about the future!

What Girls Said 5

• That makes a lot of sense actually. Cause around that age, depending on the guy, you start to look more like a man.

I've found that certain guys don't even REALLY come into their looks until later 20's. Some men just age beautifully. Maybe you're one of those guys.

• yeah I agree because I feel more beautiful now than I was in highschool. I believe I looked pretty but it was just that I was bullied and it affected how I percieved myself. now I know better, I know I'm beautiful and have gotten a lot of compliments in regards to that. like when I was 16 or 17 I didn't have any confidence in my looks. I grew more into my looks later on.

• It sounds more like a confidence thing.. You where not as confident about your appearance when you where younger and girls can sense that awkwardness. But we can also sense when you are comfortable in your own skin, and we find that highly attractive..

• In elementary school, I wasn't as tall as I am now [ but still tall nonetheless ]. And I had a big nose with an even bigger butt. So I stuck out like a sore thumb. Now, I'm stretched out and I guess everything sort of grew on me.

• I was long, and scrawny with features that were too big for my face. Now, I have guys all over me. Sometimes, I still feel like that awkward kid.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think that's abnormal. I definitely got more attention from females once I reached my 20s than I did as a kid & in my teens. I think that I, just like u, simply got more confident & that energy is attractive to females.