Do pea coats work for guys?

Okay so I'm a sophomore in college and my roommate got a pea coat that's kinda been growing on me Because it seems classy but a lot of girls wear them too. Do the ladies like pea coats on guys and if yes, should they be "double breasted" or just regular? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the responses! I ended up getting one last month and so far I've had all positive feedback!

Most Helpful Girl

• I love peacoats on guys. It's really not a girl thing specifically, they were actually originally worn by sailors [almost exclusively men] and you can get the 'authentic' ones at any Army/Navy surplus store. Or coats in the same style anywhere else, lol. But if it's not double-breasted, it's not a peacoat. I like the double-breasted look. =]

link

What Girls Said 9

• I love them on guys, I got my boyfriend to buy one and he's really grown to like it :)

It just looks so much better than a standard hoodie, it's more mature-looking. I have one for myself too, really they look good on girls or guys.

• it looks good

• Go for it.

• yessssssssss they do! they look really nice on guys :D and I'd say double breasted.. a girl can never get enough of a sophisticated guy that at least tries to look nice!

• I think it looks great on guys. sophisticated. That being said, some guys just can't pull it off. Ask a friend that's a girl and she'll tell you the truth when you try it on.

• Yes, it's a nice classic snazzy look lolz I like the double.

• I think their extremely sexy and classy.

Regular not double breasted lol.

• yep my best friends wear pea coats and they are oh so classy, double breasted or regular is just up to how you think you look in them.

• Yes! They look great on guys.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah they work for guys really well, I find it amazing that Americans are only catching onto the pea coat look now and here in Europe it's pretty much been around for years now and is sorta outdated but still really classy

• Well I just bought a double breasted peacoat and I love it! Girls I know also seem to think it looks good on guys.

• Yea man, the girls stole it from us, don't let it deter you. And not to be a douche or anything, a pea coat by definition is double breasted. If it's single breasted it's no longer a pea coat, just a wool coat or jacket.

• Sorry, meant to answer, not comment. My bad.