Small amount of hair starting to sprout on shoulders, should I shave it?

as of now it's only a little bit, but I was wondering if girls would expect a guy to shave it? tbh I don't care, I think it's kinda funny and I already have a hairy chest. I actually like being a little hairy, if I got a full on gorilla back I would do something about it. what do you think? is it truly gross?

you girls are awesome, thanks for your replies. sometimes I get the impression that ladies hate body hair, so it's good to hear that it isn't a massive issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a guy, sorry if I am writing on the girls part, its a little confusing, The question is :- I have some hairs starting to grow on my shoulder, what should I do? answer:- nothing, I started to grow hairs on my shoulders about when I was 16, I have a very hairy neck, that hair needs to be cut every 2 weeks, that is done, but the hairs from my neck extend down to my shoulders, now the hair on my shoulders has never been cut or trimmed, the result is I must have the hairiest shoulders around, I have really only seen about 4 men in the last 10 years with hair on their shoulders as thick as I have. Of course they may be more, but I think they are a little bit shy to wear sleeveless vests like I do most of the time. So be proud that you are developing hairs on your shoulders, and do nothing.Most women I have met think that it is so unusual for a guy to have such hairy shoulders, they know that a lot of men have hairy chests, of course I have too, I have been compared to a werewolf regarding my chest and a monkey as far as my hairy arms are, but the shoulders to some women seem so strange to be so hairy their, girls do you like men with a hairy chest and shoulders?

I don't really have a hairy back, only a light covering of hair all over, but nothing to shout about like elsewhere on my body.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 7

• I have a hairy boyfriend and the only thing that bothers me is his almost monobrow. That's it. So people will cope is my guess. But I know he's a little shy about it & one or two people have made comments that were unkind. Doesn't bother me though. But like I said... I'd really love to pluck in between his brows.

If you decide to do something about anything... WAX. Shaving with make it grow back thicker & faster. And it'll suck. So wax. Or use that hair removal cream stuff.

• Nah, chances are she won't even notice especially if you have a hairy body to begin with.

• My boyfriend gets random hairs on his shoulders. They don't bother me at all, but he asks me to pluck them out for him. He has a hairy chest, which I love, but he worries about the stray hairs

• It depends on the girl, I am not worried about back hair or chest hair, but I have heard some girls say that a hairy chest is okay, but a hairy back is not. I hope this is helpful and not demoralizing.

• for me, chest hair and back hair is sexy! the harrier (sp?) you are the manlier you are :)

• My boy gets a few hairs on his shoulders, but I don't mind.. he's hairy and I love it! He shaved his chest once and I was so upset.. haha. (:

• I don't mind body hair.

One time, my boyfriend decided to try shaving his chest and I hated it---he looked strange without it and it it didn't feel good because it was prickly.

Though, he does sometimes get what he calls "rogue hairs" (like, a single hair in a place where he doesn't have any other hair, like his shoulders), and I'll ask him if I can pluck them. They're not gross or anything, they just seem out of place.

What Guys Said 0