Girls do you REALLY like wearing thong underwear?

Alright, so let me start of by saying I haven't tried wearing thongs because they seem like they would be just like a wedgie and the thought of a piece of string riding up your ass all days seems like it would be annoying and that you'd constantly be wanting to pick it out of your butt.

So girls, do you REALLY like to wear thongs and is it as big of a wedgie as it seems and does the string constantly ride up your butt?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you looked in my underwear drawer, you would find NO full back undies, just thongs and g-strings. I find them to be way more comfy than anything else. The way I look at it is you have an ergonimically designed string up there rather than the full back of your bikini undies. Both resembel a wedgie, but with a little time you can't even feel the thong!

When your looking at them, first of all make sure it fits! Don't try anything too skimpy or sexy on the first attempt, go for something with a basic design and soft cotton material. I don't like lace at all, it always seems to itch. A good place to start is victorias secret. Look at the low rise thongs or v-strings from the pink or cotton line. They are cheap, cute, and super comfy! It is a great place to start.

What Guys Said 4

• haha this is interesting because in spite of most all girls saying they prefer thongs, I have heard many say they don't like the string between their cheeks. but they still wear them because of popularity. like it gives them the "naked" under look and buying them is considered grown up. lol!

• i don't like things, I prefer boyshorts. every time I see a girl in a thong, rather than appreciating her posterior for all its wonder all I can think about is how uncomfortable it must feel to have that string up in there.

• honestly I own a thong and it is so comfly I hardly noticed the wedgie at all then I dident notice my underwear after a weil

• I love when women wear thongs. The sexiest complament to the female lower body.

What Girls Said 27

• You don't notice it at all. There's no wedgie. I usually always wear them when I'm going out of the house, they're just a lot more comfortable to wear.

• I guess I never found the right brand because I hate them. I wore them before, just to please my man, but couldn't take the never ending wedgie feeling. I always knew they were there, and had to make a conscious effort not to pick my butt in public. I prefer to go commando when I worry about pantie lines, but that's just me. I'm happy with plain old cotton panties, though I do like the low riding hipsters the best.

• yeah, they're kind of like tampons in the sense that if you have the right brand and the right size, you can't even feel them. they're really great when you're wearing tight pants, leggings, etc. to avoid underwear lines :)

• lol I think you're a guy who's pretending to be a girl, maybe.

uh no. I hate thongs. I rather would prefer boy shorts to be exact.

• Buttfloss is weird. =P I know that it's not my favorite type of underwear, but it has it's good points.

The thing with the eternal wedgie feeling is that if you wear them enough, you get used to it. I didn't think you could, but it's true!

The worst part is that they're not very warm. I wear them in summer when it's hot (one less layer of cloth=cooler), but they go into hiding when it is winter.

So, thoungs are fine if you like 'em, but really they're just like any other underwear.

• I like it. The string never rides up my butt. But it does make it feel like I'm not wearing underwear and I like that. Plus, when you wear certain bottoms, it saves you the underwear line :)

• Don't you notice the string when you first put them on/first start wearing them?

• I dunno. I've been wearing them for so long I can't remember what I thought when I first started wearing them other than that I wanted to continue wearing them lol! But we all have different tastes and likes so just because I didn't notice, doesn't mean you wouldn't.

• you get used to them after a while. initially they are really annoying.

• I have a few thongs, I will not lie about that. But I don't wear them often. Just simply because the back of my jeans do not feel comfortable rubbing my bare bottom. So if I do wear a thong its under shorts or sometime of material that won't rub up on my skin. Actually, you'll be surprised to hear that thongs don't feel like they are riding up your ass. You get used to the feeling and forget it's even there. But thongs are for everyone, so before you go on a big shopping spree and buy 20 million thongs lol, get one first, and see if you like it. And if your worried about thongs because of a boyfriend or some type of cute underwear for him, you can always get lace or other types. I'm sure most guys would rather see you in cute lingerie instead of a thong.

• I HATE thongs.

1.) I don't care, my panty line will just have to show (actually, seamless panties work just as well as thongs.)

2.) They're just not aesthetically pleasing to me. If I had the most amazing butt ever I still wouldn't like them :(

The thing is, they're not really supposed to be wedged into your butt crack and cutting into you, they're supposed to kinda lay smoothly between your butt cheeks, if that makes sense XD

• Okay personally, I DONT like to wear thongs.

i just feel like I'm wearing nothing.

but they are sexy.

umm no they don't feel like a big wedgie haha you can't feel anything unless it is too big or too tight.

big= annoying as f***

tight= pain

no they don't feel weird or anything just like you wearing nothing, just get the right sixe and a cute style and your set. =]

not to be worn all the time tho =[

• I only wear underpants when it's that itme of the month. I wear thongs so I don't get panty lines but they gotta be the right kind. None of that frilly shit. Just nice soft cotton thong panties. No g-strings though. And silk sucks because it makes your crack sweat and absorbs nothing. They suck at first but wear thongs for a week and you won't notice them anymore. I never understood how people went commando. My ex talked me into trying it for a week and I never went back to under wear.

• I love wearing my shapewear control thong, the one I have on at the moment is skin tight and waist high and it's tight up my ass, I'm wearing it with black stockings and suspenders under a knee length pink skirt. Early on today I was out shopping, hell it felt so sexy feeling my knickers tight and snug up my ass under my skirt, I got quite damp. These shapewear thongs look great on with stockings and suspenders, looking very sexy with my knickers up my ass, personally I love wearing this type of knickers, perfect sexy underwear for me under a skirt.

• They are really comfy if you get the right size! You can't even feel them. Also, pants look wayyy better when you wear thongs. I wear one every day, and they are honestly more comfortable for me than anything else. Girls who aren't used to them or who get the wrong size don't like them.

• They are okay. I wear them when necessary. There are some girls that only wear them. I personally prefer the boy shorts because they don't ride up your ass.

• I used to but they're not my style anymore. Everyone I've been with likes boyshorts better anyways :) which is good since I like them better too.

• What made you stop wearing thongs?

• Did you start to notice the string in your butt again?

• Nope. I just started getting boyshorts and liked them way better. If I tried to wear a thong now it would definitely be not very comfy.

• to be honest I do not like wearing them but under some types of clothes it is nesassery to wear them. I don't find them comfy but I can bear them when needed. and after a while I don't notice them.

• i'm not a fan of thongs. I'm into lacey boy short ones. yeah sure, thongs are a big help on a night out with friends, dancing off tables and on stages. haha..

the feeling is incredible! I hardly notice that I'm wearing one...

• I used to think that same way. I never wanted to wear one cos I thought I would

constantly have a wedgie. After I have worn them for a while now, I'm used to it.

and it never gives me wedgies.. regular underwear is much worse.. and I know how

to wear thongs too, I don't act like a slut or anything. lol. but really they are much

more comfortable.

• no, more bikini... I like the bikini better! not to big nor short! XP

• I love them for avoiding vpl!

• I love wearing thongs I wear it all the time I wear it because I hate it when my underwear line shows

• i love them..their comfortable you wouldn't even feel them and they look sexy as hell..bonus for your man ;)

• there alright ...

• I just wear because I hate panty lines.

• It was strange at first, but nowadays I barely notice it.

• i hate thongs but I wear em anyway so I won't have a panty line... I can't stand having a panty line... but honestly I don't like wearing any undergarmets at all (bras included)- it all comes off when I get home!

• Yes, I REALLY like wearing thong underwear. Just make sure they fit and you won't feel it. My favorite everyday thong comes from Victoria Secret's pink collection. The lace waist band makes all the difference!