Do girls like skinny-lean guys?

I am pretty happy about myself for the most part. The thing that gets me though is when people say its weird that I don't workout or try to look all muscular, I exercise a lot naturally and I don't go to the gym. I work sometimes during the summer helping my grandad with heavy lifting since he's old and stuff... I am about a hair under 6 ft and about 150lbs. I am slim, but lean at the same time, not ripped, but have a little definition on my body. Is that good enough for most girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't weird that you don't work out as a ritualistic thing. Men do not HAVE to work out and get ripped or whatever just to be accepted. Just doing what you have been doing is totally fine and you are adorable (if that's okay to say)! In the end, it's really all up to how you hold/present yourself- don't worry about gyms and muscles- just continue to be active however you want.

What Girls Said 18

• Big/ muscular guys are nice to look at but certainly not a deal breaker if you aren't muscle bound. My guy is really thin and about 6 foot, sounds like you two have about the same body type. It's about the emotions for me. I always thought he was attractive but now that I'm in love I think he's the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on. Not that I would complain if he started bulking up, but it doesn't matter he's perfect just the way he is.

• I do.

I hate muscles on men, I see all these blokes at the gym heaving these weights and I just hate muscles! I hate a 6 pack too!

My ex is naturally skinny, he has a 26inch waist, he doesn't go to the gym at all, and yet I thought he was perfect :) So don't beat yourself up, there are girls out there who are attracted to it! As long as your happy :)

• Yes, yes we do. You're a stunner! =P

• Every woman/girl has their own preference for type of build they are attracted to. That said...I think the ideal guy is thinner than guys think they should be..(if that makes sense). I think guys think the ideal guy is a muscular etc...but studies have shown that girls prefer a slimmer build. In otherwords I wouldn't worry. It sounds like your build is closer to the "ideal" than you think :)

• It's good enough to girls who are worth going out with. To those special girls, how you look isn't a deal breaker. I think it's very sweet you help out your grandpa.

• Yes

• Yeah it would be nice if you had some definition on your arms muscles (forgot what they're called) but either way yes it attractive. Really muscular guys aren't really attractive.

• Personally I much prefer slimmer guys who are toned verses really muscular guys, but that's just every girl's own preference but there are definitely girl's out there that prefer that look

• Yup. That is defiantly my preference...:D

• You sound absolutely fine to me

• Ya most girls will go for that not every girl wants a muscle man.

• i personally don't like ripped guys

• it's fine for me as long as you have some fat on your ass. can't stand guys with flat back areas

• That is actually my very favorite kind of body... *drool*

• i like guys who are like that. I don't like too muscular guys. they scare me :-O

• Ma potato luv! Who doesn't like a good o potato is plain o' eejit, lmao! On a serious note, I get where ya headin at with the people thinkin that ya weird fer not trying ta look all muscular. There's nothing wrong bein different than whut others perceive as normal when you aren't hurting yourself or anyone. Ya healthy fer being physically fine and happy. So why wouldn't you be good enough for girls? :) Ya future wifey may thank you for your lean genes one day!

• Yes that's the best kind of guy, I personally think a lot of muscles is kind of disgusting.

• Yes, but you have to be confident in it, which you seem to be in your description. Girls will be happy that you're fit and you have definition.

What Guys Said 3

• You're skinny but also lean!? Wow. I'm smart but also intelligent.

IF you meant to say you're lean and muscular, I'd find that odd since I'm pretty lean (skinny) for 5'7", 160lbs (in contrast to 5'11" 150lbs).

There's nothing wrong with being skinny, other than that it's not as healthy as being athletic. Some girls like skinny guys, and some girls like athletic builds. It varies. There are plenty of girls I like that prefer skinny guys.. sourpatchchik2 :( .. and so you and I just attract different women, but likely fare no better than the other in the eyes of the average girl since there is so much variation in preferences.

• you make a good answer my friend :)

• My hip got better my second season of cross country, as I learned to stay loose and not tighten up as I run (in other words, I had improper running form). As for my knee injury which came in my 2nd season, I started doing weighted squats. Seems I had built my hamstrings a lot, but had weak quads and the imbalance was causing stress on my knee. My knee doesn't hurt anymore since I started squatting, but it still cracks and clicks, although it seems to be less and less frequent.

• Ultimately the exercise isn't to blame and I still love running beyond any type of workout. But running for health and running for competition for me, has been two completely separate things. In season my 5K progression was pretty great (racing once a week- super high intensity) dropping off 10-20 seconds each week despite twisted ankles and scrapes and falls; offseason progress would be less desirable, but bring great benefits without costs. Sorry for any misunderstandings. My bad.^^

• It's a lot to do with genetics anyhow. My height and weight are fairly similar to yours. I'm betting many women who want 'broad shouldered' men wouldn't date us even if we slaved at the gym for them, because we still wouldn't look like those naturally stocky guys. Just remember that all women have different tastes.

• Stop eating or diet and it will make a person lean.

Weights makes everyone look better. Natural lifters will not become huge lol. Genetics and drugs play a role in that.