Why do I look horrible on webcam but looks better in real....?

Honestly I look different on webcam but I look good in pics and also in real.I asked some of my friends and they also said the same thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• at first I thought it was the whole "mirror" thing. people grow up looking at their self in a mirror and unless your camera has a setting to reverse (mirror) the image than you would look weird in a webcam.

if lot's of people say a webcam makes you look weird/different try moving it different heights. most webcams sit on top of a monitor and it might just be a very odd angle. perhaps you need to move the webcam or sit on top of a few books so it's right in front of your face rather than above it.

What Guys Said 9

• Combination of bad and/or unnatural lighting, cheap webcams, and possibly bad software.

Simply put, the lighting thing usually is because when you're in front of the webcam, you're probably in a room that is low light, and therefore the blue of the screen is giving you a ghoulish disposition, or the room is too bright and you're backlit, or a combination of both. Also, beyond that, a good camera and video software could help with that. Though that usually means spending more.

Anyway I hope this answered this.

• Webcams are mostly like very cheap cameras. No depth of field and poor resolution, so yu'll look flat and pale and your eyes will lok bestial. They aren't meant for portraits, that's for sure.

• Sometimes I've found the opposite occur.

Although isn't the saying you look 15lbs heavier on t.v. and the like?

• I have a similar problem, I only look good from far away.

• It's technology's way of telling you to have more "real" interactions and that Skype isn't good enough.

• Because webcams are generally pretty low res? The good news is, you're better off looking better in person.

• why worry about what you look on webcam? I would be worried what I look like in real life. isn't that more important. maybe its the webcam you have got. its not got very high definition or many pixels on it.

• its maybe cause of the light or brightness of your room or your not photogenic it happens at least you look good in real life so there's no need to think so much about it

• Stop being cheap and buy a better webcam

What Girls Said 5

• <<<<<profile pic with webcammax on it.

LMAO. FAIL.

But yeah, obviously my profile picture is a pure example of sh*t webcams.

• I don't believe the more expensive webcams would deliver that type of result.

• Because webcams suck? Even the prettiest of girls can look crappy on webcam haha

• yeah, me too. don't know why though

• I thought its only me...Eh nobody knows why :/

• everyone looks like sh*t on webcam