Why do I look horrible on webcam but looks better in real....?

Honestly I look different on webcam but I look good in pics and also in real.I asked some of my friends and they also said the same thing.

610

Most Helpful Guy

• at first I thought it was the whole "mirror" thing. people grow up looking at their self in a mirror and unless your camera has a setting to reverse (mirror) the image than you would look weird in a webcam.

if lot's of people say a webcam makes you look weird/different try moving it different heights. most webcams sit on top of a monitor and it might just be a very odd angle. perhaps you need to move the webcam or sit on top of a few books so it's right in front of your face rather than above it.

What Guys Said 9

• Combination of bad and/or unnatural lighting, cheap webcams, and possibly bad software.

Simply put, the lighting thing usually is because when you're in front of the webcam, you're probably in a room that is low light, and therefore the blue of the screen is giving you a ghoulish disposition, or the room is too bright and you're backlit, or a combination of both. Also, beyond that, a good camera and video software could help with that. Though that usually means spending more.

Anyway I hope this answered this.

• It's technology's way of telling you to have more "real" interactions and that Skype isn't good enough.

• Sometimes I've found the opposite occur.

Although isn't the saying you look 15lbs heavier on t.v. and the like?

• Webcams are mostly like very cheap cameras. No depth of field and poor resolution, so yu'll look flat and pale and your eyes will lok bestial. They aren't meant for portraits, that's for sure.

• I have a similar problem, I only look good from far away.

• Because webcams are generally pretty low res? The good news is, you're better off looking better in person.

• its maybe cause of the light or brightness of your room or your not photogenic it happens at least you look good in real life so there's no need to think so much about it

• why worry about what you look on webcam? I would be worried what I look like in real life. isn't that more important. maybe its the webcam you have got. its not got very high definition or many pixels on it.

• Stop being cheap and buy a better webcam

What Girls Said 6

• Here are some tips to consider to look better on a webcam:
    1. Put your camera at eye level or higher.
    2. Make sure there are no windows behind.
    3. Set up some lights.
    4. Get a good quality webcam.
    5. Use an interesting background.
    6. Look into the camera, don't stare at yourself.
    7. Use a webcam app that allows apply some great effects ( https://altercam.com/ ).

• I don't believe the more expensive webcams would deliver that type of result.

• <<<<<profile pic with webcammax on it.

LMAO. FAIL.

But yeah, obviously my profile picture is a pure example of sh*t webcams.

• Because webcams suck? Even the prettiest of girls can look crappy on webcam haha

• everyone looks like sh*t on webcam

• yeah, me too. don't know why though

• I thought its only me...Eh nobody knows why :/