Why do men have such small legs? Lol!

My boyfriend weighs a little more then me but his legs are so small. Those "chicken legs." haha. My legs are much more shapely and um I don't know round haha. I've noticed this in a lot of guys. Why do men in general have those tiny legs?

Most Helpful Guy

• Imo, what you described is guys that weightlift, but only work on the "sexy" muscles like midsection, back, shoulders, biceps, chest...

...

...

...

...and neglect any exercise from the abs down outside of cardio, will result in "chicken legs", because the top half is obviously more "built" than the bottom half.

Cardio strengthens the lower body endurance-wise, but as the body adapts to running/cycling/etc, the legs actually lose muscle in them. It's all due to the body "adapting" to running, and to better adapt to running/cycling/etc, the body says "i need to get lighter so I can run faster".

Do you notice how marathon / long-distance runners are smaller overall than sprinters? That's why.

What Guys Said 17

• My entire leg work out is one hour in itself and includes 6 miles of biking; I definetely don't have chicken legs. What you are explaining is correct though. Many guys are only interested in their upper half, so they completely negelct leg workouts. That, and its difficult to fully develop your leg muscles. It takes work and there are many components to the legs, many different muscles that are stimulated differentely.

• My legs don't seem that skinny to me when I look at them, but then I look at myself in a full-length mirror and they look really skinny when compared to the rest of me. In my case it is mostly genetics because my dad has extremely skinny legs; he even has veins popping out of them.

Also, I'm guilty of only strength training my upper body while neglecting my lower body like what some other people said.

• Women need some thickness there because they are supposed to able to carry a baby, its for pregnancy purposes. You can't denie the thick thighs look hot either :P

• I agree. And It would be a little weird with a lot of men walking around showin off their sexy thick legs. haha:P

• fo sure! :P that's why I don't understand when some girls try to get the looking like sticks

• I don't know where you've been looking, but there are plenty of guys with big legs (I'm one of them). I do a lot of biking and have skied my whole life and have some pretty big thighs to show for it :)

• cause most guys always workout upperbody so they can have strong arms, pecs but they never workout legs

• I have normal legs, even kinda thick.. but I'm cycling a lot so maybe that's why.

I also agree with the post below, that only women tend to store fat in thighs, which got connection to the very thing women are designed for - pregnancy.

It makes them easier to carry a child, if a woman got too thin legs she won't be able (that easy) to carry all that extra weight of a new life.

Men however don't have such "mission" that's why men don't store fat that much as women.

• men usually have small legs compared to girls because that's where all the fat goes first for a girl, the legs and thighs. for a guy it starts at the stomach and works its way around.

• this question is only on your opinion..cause I a lot of guys have huge legs

• Well OK then, but if you read it I didn't say all men just some. Lol

• lol in general...

• In comparison to girls, our mass centers mostly around our core where we get our bulk and strength. Women have bigger mid-sections (waist, hips, thighs, etc.).

• They don't. In general men are supposed to have bigger legs(they're just kinda shaped differently). Either you're fat or your boyfriend is just really skinny. Women have more round legs because of more fat but men have more big/bulky legs because of more muscle mass, but they're certainly not "tiny". I see this in guys and girls. There isn't really much a size difference in the legs between men and women anyway(in general), just shape. Moron.

• Why be a douche.? It was just a f***ing question. But Don't feel bad, most women won't mind your small legs. (:

F*** off loser.

• your an asshole, you could be a little nicer.

• i have chicken legs from the knees down ,my calves, I hate absolutely hate them. its one body part I wish could have surgery on. everything else is good. but it wouldn't matter if I made calves huge from weight training. because they still would look small. you made me more insecure now, thinking that girls are going laugh at legs lol. but I don't have big muscles anyway, I am just average build bloke. but I just can't wear shorts in the summer cause of my legs.

• i do a lot of running, cycling, walking, they still won't grow. I suppose everyone has to have their little imperfections on their body lol. but I when I go to the gym to do cardio. my all these big muscle guys, have big upper bodies, and small legs compared to their upper body. they neglect their legs.

• I understand lol. And I know what you mean, insecurities don't fade.

• nice talking you. blady insecurities lol.

• body fat distributed differently I think. kinda like why you have a bigger booty

• You store fat in your legs. Men don't.

• cuz they make me run really fast?

• yeah, some just focus on working out their upper body, so they have disproportionate legs. women seem to have thicker legs. I love beautiful women legs :)

• Some guys only work out their biceps and look ridicilous and not proportioned. Many guys look good and well proportioned so your comment about all guys is off and sound like jealousy to me. May be you have fat legs and hate all men because they all have better looking legs than you?

• Excuse me. F***off if you're going to be a d***. If you read the f***ing question you'd notice that I didn't say ALL men. I'm a runner, I know why my legs are muscled.

And I don't hate men unless they're douches like you.(;

• Try not to cry yourself to sleep tonight because I made a broad statement.

:'( I feel sorry for guys like you, Don't be so offended about you're small legs bro.

• Alright you're really cool for picking on a chick, now stop spamming me.

And get your sh*t straight I wasn't insulting anyone jackass, except you stop being that over sensitive retard.

I'm reporting you..

• ...same reason girls are short and have small arms?

What Girls Said 3

• uuggh! I know :( :(

• I have long legs...LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLL... that makes me xtra XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ...toll, so I'm like a superman giant ,like basetball player.

• not all...

i love big muscly legs! *.*