Is acrylic nails worth the money on a tight income?

I have had them before but my mom used to pay for them for me. I have a part time job and pay for most of my things now. I can afford it, but it would make money for other things shorter. I mainly want them because my nails are short and fragile, but I also know that getting them might make them worse. Is it worth paying like $40 twice a month for them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if I can afford them to have done every week, I wouldn't get them.

1. Waste of my money. I can use my money for better things.

2. They look ugly (my opinion).

3. Last only 2 weeks.

4. Hard to remove them off.

5. No, I've never have them for above reasons.

I probably been to nail saloon for 2 x in my entire life. It's not that I am against it, it's just not worth it. especially if something I can do myself at home.

Back to your question, I wouldn't do it if I were you especially you're at the place that you're tight on budget.

What Guys Said 2

• No don't get them as a guy I don't like nails prefer real nails over anything else don't waste your money!

• Save your money for something else

What Girls Said 7

• Personally, I don't think so. It's not like quality clothes or a fantastic hair cut that will stick with you for awhile. They only last two weeks and plain old painted (and unpainted) fingernails look fine on their own.

• Nope, don't do it. If you are on a strict budget, only budget for the things that you NEED. Go through companies like Groupon and livingsocial if you want to do those things. At least you can get them really cheap!

• You can get them done at a college for half the price though the students aren't perfect its worth saving $

• Their quite a hassel to take care of overtime depending where you get them done at & who dose them for you.

• its not worth getting them at all.. I think its a waste of money to be honest. what's wrong with your own nails? :S

• No you should get them once a month since your nails need tim to breathe

• I wouldn't do that there's always ones to glue on urslef from the dollar store