How do you lengthen the appearance of short stubby legs?

Well, I'm 5'2 1/2 & my legs are muscular and toned, but they're also stubby as a result...I'd like to lose the muscle of course and have thin legs but I also want to make sure I lengthen the appearance.

NO, NOT ME lol, I'm not white and I am not randomly on google lol

but my legs could at this point be compared to this chick link

idk her or her height or anything like that, but for me, my legs are short(because I'm short) but it's not out of proportion with my torso like some girls

would pilates help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yoga, power walking, and do a lot of reps but keep the weights low..

What Guys Said 3

• I confess I am no expert, but if you do more light workouts that are targeted towards toning legs, you probably will lose muscle bulk. Which is what it sounds like you're looking for. To lose that stubbiness but still be toned right?

• but wouldn't toning exercises cause more bulk? because my legs are already toned and I've always heard to avoid squats and lunges when trying to lose the bulk

• Now that I think about it, cardio would be better. Toning exercises are muscle specific that would probably result in keeping about the same bulk. And if you don't do cardio, obviously losing that muscle would go to fat. So to keep it toned but decrease size I think cardio would be best. I know football players joke that running makes them small.

• I like strong legs of athletic girls, those are a bit stronger/more muscular than my personal preference, but a girl with a strong lower body is hot

• LOL DOO DOO YOU LEGTHEN

MOAR LIKE DOO DOO You NO HOW 2 SPEL

What Girls Said 5

• There really isn't a way to physically alter the length of your legs but the type pf clothes you wear can give an appearance of length.

I'm 5' tall, with a long torso and short legs. I wear very short skirts and shorts with heels when I doll up. Try to avoid the hip hugging bottoms, find bottoms that go higher up on your torso. Don't wear boots or anything that interrupts the length of your legs. Look in the petite size clothing - I notice when I wear "normal" sized bottoms, it does give the appearance of stubby legs because the seams don't match my body type.

As for the bulk - I wouldn't suggest stop toning exercises because your muscle will turn flabby and your thighs will look bigger. You don't have to do so much that you're bulking up, just enough to get you tone. Walking is good. My legs used to be solid muscle until 5 years ago, now they look softer but not thinner.

Good luck.

• I know that running long distance helps get rid of some muscle, as well as lengthens and tones the muscle that you will keep, giving an elongated effect. :)

• Try doing Yoga & Pilates.

• You're not going to give Tracy Anderson a chance? If nothing else is working for you, try her workouts on YouTube. She's pretty controversial because her workouts are designed to keep your body as long and lean as possible while still being healthy. She herself had the same problems when going to dance school. Her body was more muscular than her teachers wanted. And so she developed her method. Good luck.

• She's probably considered one of the worst trainers out there

• It's true that a lot of people dislike her, but I don't get results from pilates or other forms of exercise like I do from her. Her method is different, but you're trying to get different results, right? Try pilates and walking first, but if you don't see results, try out her method.

• I am your size and had stubby looking legs too until I started doing Pilate's about one to 2 times a week. It was incredible the change I saw in my body. It really did create long lean muscles. Yoga is okay too.