How long should a pair of socks last?

It seems to me my socks don't last as long as they should. How long to other peoples socks last? Generally they last like 4-5 months.

Most Helpful Guy

• The sock gnomes always steal mine before they wear out :(

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on what you mean by 'last,' the quality of fabric, and how hard you are on them. I don't put a lot of wear & tear on mine, but they do dirty after several months to where bleach doesn't help, and closer to the year mark, the fabric wears down completely to where it's threadbare. A family member who abuses socks goes through them every three months, because they get outright holes.

• Three years for me, I only wear socks about three times a year though.

Tights..that's a whole new thing, I get through about 5 pairs a month.

• Mine have lasted me for 3 long years, must be good quality lol. I don't know if its cotton or not but it is by Calvin Klein. I guess the name brands do make a difference.

• 2 years+

My socks are all Nike, Calvin Klein & Ralph Lauren though. I only wear them for working out though. Although, I buy cute ones during the winter because there's so many to choose from

• are the cute ones from those brands? Why do you only wear cute socks in the winter?

• lol okay, you could buy high quality cute :p

• Nike, CK & RL don't really make cute ones lol

just comfy & cute is the last thing I'm worried about when I'm working out

• When it starts to have holes and stains on it ,throw it out.

What Guys Said 6

• Fascinating!

• I kill socks.

Better ones last marginally longer, but not enough, I'm sadly now buying really cheap dress socks and accepting I'll kill them in a couple months.

• mine are in the 2+ years or so. :P

• Cheaper pairs won't last as long, the more expensive the sock, the better material they're made of, making them last longer

• until your big toe pokes out the front of them.

• A few months.