What does the designer handbag really say about a lady?

I love to dress well. and I love designer handbags.. do you think the bag you carry say anything about you? I use to buy any type of bargain bag (i.e. Nine West, Wal-mart and other cheap bags..)

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally hate designer hand bags and when I buy a purse I get one from like Dots or Marshall's. I don't know what it is about Coach bags in particular, but I hate them I hate anything coach because in my eyes it represents whiny high maintenance girlfriends who beg their boyfriend to buy them this ridiculously expensive bag. I have met like 5 guys and 2 husbands who are over 35 who's eyes roll to the back of their head when they hear the word coach because they know they crap they went through to get this bag. I like my stuff somewhat one of a kind. While I've seen nice things that are from a label I'd rather where something vintage and make it my own

• I totally understand.. but I don't need a man to spoil me I spoil myself.. and I only do it once a month... but there are females who use men or bug the heck out of them to purchase items for them so they can keep up with there friends.. that isn't who I am.. but your comment is valid...Thank you..

What Guys Said 9

• well, it could say you have a lot of money to spend, so I guess in that regard, it would be a status symbol. on the other hand, it could mean you are so status conscious, that you have spent your kids breakfast money (for a whole month!) on something frivolous just to impress your friends. I think people should buy what they want, what they can afford, and what they like. if a designer bag pleases you and you aren't gonna have to take a few items back at the grocery store check-out line, then by all means, enjoy yourself! but on the other hand, I have a feeling the majority of people couldn't care less who made an item, and certainly wouldn't consider the expenditure to be justified, so it would be pearls before swine.

• Not much. Just that she's got money.

• Thank you that's all it is... she's making a nice salary and she likes to reward herself sometimes..

• Exactly.

People who have money can spend it however they want. I assume nothing from just accessories.

• It makes me think she spends a lot of money for some letters on some fabric.

• Materialistic. Brand whore. These are the things I think about when I see them. My ex used to buy handmade bags that were still cute, but cheap. She was a yuppie though.

• Now you know you can't base all females on your ex for some it may be true but not all females are brand whores... some of us are nice and humble...

• Being a brand whore has nothing to do with being nice and humble. We all know that women buy bags like prada and gucci, not for their quality, but because of the status symbol it represents. I know about quality because I've spoken to tanners and saddlemakers. Women notoriously compete with each other over everything, boyfriends, bags, hair, weight, etc...and the bag is just another thing that they use to compete against one another.

• Wouldn't even notice if its a designer bag or not if I did notice its a designer it would say girlie girl, high maintenance and rich to me

• Shallow and stuck up.

• She's neither.. she just like to treat herself to nice things...

• Nothing to me, I would not even know if it was a designer bag. Dressing well is more important then a handbag.

• Great! thanks and I agree with you on that comment..:-)

• It means nothing, well it simply means she likes the brand, it's just like people who wear Ralph Lauren as opposed to wal mart brand shirt. My girlfriend has designer bags, and she's not a bitch, not stuck or even rude to ppl. She is actually very nice, sweet, loving, and fun to be around.

• I agree you can have nice things and still be humble.

• That she is a bitch

• No she isn't she just like to treat herself sometime... ever flaunting herself or putting others down...

• I find it shallow and ridiculous that some women have 2000.00 dollar and more handbags. They deserve nothing but the worst in life.

What Girls Said 9

• If the bag isn't monogrammed style, most guys won't notice it.

At face value, they pull out all this nonsense about being stuck up, full of herself blahblahblah. But a lot of girls carry Balenciaga's and guys never say sh*t. They'd think they were $30 bags just looking at them. But they're $2000 bags.

At face value, it goes into "I don't like girls like that." Reality is, if it's not plastered with the brand name, they won't know unless you tell them

It doesn't say much to me other than she likes nice things. If it's a really nice bag, I think "yeah, she has money"

• Thanks so much.. I totally agree.. it doesn't mean anything more than that...

• In my opinion 100 designer handbags is either and expensive passion or a poor investment. one or 2 means a woman bought that bag because she is aware of it's good quality, likes that particular design and knows it'll last her a long time.

I don't own any designer bags and prefer it if no one knows where my clothes came from. Makes things seem a bit more unique, more you, less labelized.

• It can mean a few different things, for example:

1) good taste and values quality

2) she makes money and she spends it how she pleases

3) she spends someone else's money.

• #2 is correct you make a nice salary and you treat yourself every once in a while...

• THAT'S IT! And if a guy can't handle that well toooooo bad!

• I think it says "I want to show that I can afford to spend a lot of money on a purse".

• I think it says she has class, All I wear is designer bags. The last one I bought wasn't that expensive , It was like 175.00. I will feel so funny carrying a walmart bag, Not that it's anything wrong with it. I just always love nice things, I was raised that way. I have friends who I shop with , Who will mix it up and wear designer and walmart. But it's just not my thing, I came to realize my purses lasts along time . That;s one thing I like about it , It doesn't brake.

• She likes to spend money

• She's into labels I guess

• that your high maintence

• It says that she is selfish or stupid. I can happily carry all my stuff in a simple hand bag and spend that money on poor people better with more moral satisfaction