Is it unhealthy to weigh 105 lbs when you are an adult 5'6" female?

I feel good about my weight right now, and think that I look really good. A few people have mentioned my weight and eating habits recently, and I want to know if I'm actually alright?

Everything that I read online says that I AM underweight, but not SEVERELY underweight. I'm not looking to lose anymore.. I just want to feel confident in my weight, and know that I'm healthy..

Someone asked for pictures.. here ya go...

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• i would ask you for your diet before I say you are unhealthy or healthy. Wight isn't everything

• Eh. I don't eat as frequently as I probably "should", but I do eat when I'm hungry. I'm in my car a lot so when I'm driving I snack on cashews and beef jerky.. If I remember I'll have a protein shake for breakfast, but I do have a tendency to forget meals. Usually no lunch, but I will eat dinner most of the time. I cook my husband breakfast every morning and pack his lunches, and feed his son all of his meals throughout the day.. so if I AM hungry I eat.. it just doesn't happen that often.

• you would have to gain 15+ pounds before it would even matter so don't worry

• thank you for BA :)

What Guys Said 9

• It's underweight for sure, but not that much. Just as long as you feel healthy and strong, it'd be ok.

• It's pretty simple. You are somewhat underweight and adding 10 lbs would be about right.

Being the right weight will not make you healthy. You have to be eating right and getting some exercise too.

• Probably not "unhealthy" to stay where I'm at though? I should go to the gym more frequently.. I NEVER worked out until about 6 months ago, & then went every day for quite a while, & then stopped going about 2 months ago. The lbs just fall off anyway though Lol. I know that I don't eat the right amount (or frequency), but you'd have to have some REALLY bad eating habits for a long time to actually be unhealthy, right? I know it sounds stupid, and obviously I should do it the "right" way now..

• Your eating habits today can effect you for a long time to come and eating habits, once formed, are not easy to change. I know it first hand too. I recently changed my eating habits for the better and it was difficult to do.

• You are thin, Not too thin.

Still beautiful body and as long are you're eating right I see no problem.

• link

Based on your weight/height she looks hot. Have you been dieting or something or why are they worried?

• I haven't really been dieting... I suffered a miscarriage a little over a month ago, and just kinda lost my appetite after the fact. I eat when I'm hungry, but it's just not that often. I went from around 118 to 105 in the last 1.5 months.

• Probably should be eating more but can understand, that weight isn't very bad and your friends are probably just very concerned.

• Ya, you're probably right. Just let myself worry too much, I guess. These days it's abnormal to not be OVER weight.. so I guess a lot of the things I read on other sites are written with that mentality.

• It does not sound unhealthy at all, but I would need to see a pic.

• How do I upload a picture?

• Haha, yep.. it's me. Look okay? What if I lost 5 more? lol

• I think you are fine. I would not worry about it at all. Don't mistaken my intentions for saying this, but if I had to pick a body type, yours would be it.

• I mean you could put on 10lbs and still look good. I guess if you eating healthy & working out daily your fine.

• as long as your eating enough you should be fine. I think you look good

• You look fantastic. Millions of girls are jealous of your figure and plenty of guys would love to jump yah. ;)

• Hahaha. I wish my husband would stop saying I'm too skinny then! lol. Thank you, though!

• Well, you could put on probably another ten pounds and still look great. You're on the thinner side of thin, but you don't look unhealthy to me. :)

• Thanks! I appreciate it.

• Sounds great. Would that more girls found you inspirational! :)

What Girls Said 3

• As long as you are naturally thin (which it looks like you are from the pics) and you are not starving yourself to stay at that weight then you are fine. Just remember that weight isn't the only determining factor in whether a person is healthy. Eat right and exercise and you will be fine.

• I'm the same weight and height. I'm 28 now and have been the same since I was younger. I've never been deemed unhealthy so I think you are good! :]

• Thanks! My husband has been mentioning that I look "too skinny" lately. I feel good, but I decided to google weight info, and everything I read says my BMI is too low, and that it's an "anorexic weight".. I mean, wtf?! lol --- How much do you usually eat? And do you work out a lot? lol

• Ya for sure! That makes sense. I am CONSTANTLY running after my 3YO stepson.. so that could account for something.. Lol. Are you hungry all the time though? I really never am.

• Same here! My niece and nephews are my daily workout haha! But I usually snack here and there and eat a big dinner and sometimes a big lunch and small dinner or both big or both small, just depends on my hunger and mood and my taste for the day. I'm rarely hungry all the time. More at night than anything though.

• awee, your very pretty, please don't take that the wrong way. I think you look fine as like you said you don't lose anymore weight. As long as you can't see ribs under that shirt you are fine

• Well, thanks. :) I've always kinda been able to see my ribs though.. even when I was like 120, lol

• Thank you. I'm sorry it's been hard. Did you reach your goal weight, or not yet? Hopefully it gets easier for you... :(

• no I still have lke 60 to go :/